1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.

First

Back
698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707
709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718
Next

Last
  1. Darknet
    Has anyone ever tested v moda's 60 day test drive guarantee? Or could clarify what it exactly does :3

2. jonnio
    Quote:

You have 60 days to decide if you like the headphones or not...if you don't, no questions asked return policy.  No, I haven't personally done it though, I love my M-100s

3. Darknet

Ahh well I don't feel the m100 sound signature fits me particularly well... It just doesnt seem well rounded and is too genre specific for me... Might end up going with a conmpletely different open backed pair since portability really doesnt help me much

4. TyTB
    Hey everyone, 

I have a quick question to ask: My cousin's boyfriend owns a pair of the Crossfade LP's, and when I try them on, my ears touch the driver. (As in, they stick out far enough I guess to touch the mesh that covers the actual speaker) and this creates a relatively uncomfortable listening experience. Does the M-100 have more "Depth" to the ear pads, meaning that there's more space between my ear and the driver? 'Cause I'm almost set on buying them, but if they're going to be rubbing up against my ears the whole time, it will simpyl be too uncomfortable to buy.

Thanks in advance,
    ~Ty

5. jdenn
    Quote:
    The big problem with the E17 from what I've read is that it will fail/fail to work on things like the E7 work on. 

6. jonnio
    Quote:

Unfortunately no -- Stuffing some paper towels or other material in between the ear pads and the driver has helped some, but a few of us are still waiting for the thicker ear pads to come out.

7. musical-kage
    Thanks Miceblue for those comparisons :)

I may have to opt maybe for an O2... If I'm walking about with it though. No idea where I would put it, haha. Wouldn't want to make it look like I have a certain something permanently!

Either that or the Android specific amp by FiiO or V-Moda.

Hmm... since the O2 is sort of open source, are there any issues from getting it from different people. i.e quality?
    I'm doing more research, but I do live in the UK

8. nimbostruck14
    The paper towel mod works great on mine without affecting the sound. I had the same problem

9. clairyvic
    I thought the whole point was that it changed the sound a little.

10. miceblue
    Quote:
    I think V-MODA's new amp (VERSA) is going to be a device that works across all major mobile platforms (Android, iOS, Windows). But yeah if you're looking for something more portable, the O2 is not something that's easy to carry around. Amazingly enough, it fits fine in my jacket pocket but it's a hassle trying to adjust the volume knob with a bunch of cables in the way.

Quote:
    I think the LP/LP2 pads help with the comfort level even though they're a bit smaller in terms of the ear hole space, but it changes the sound too much to recommend using it.

Quote:
    Woah, that's kind of scary. [​IMG]
    I usually flex my headband by gripping the headband itself rather than the sides where the wing plates are.

Quote:
    No word on the velour pads yet. I'm still interested in trying them out too since velour pads do tend to reduce the bass, depending on the density of the material of course.

Quote:
    From what I measured on my M-100 and LP/LP2 pads, the M-100 does have more depth in the earpads, but because it's a softer material, it compresses more than the LP/LP2 pads.
    EarpadMeasurements.png
    So the short answer is no there isn't more depth with the M-100. I've actually found the stiffer LP/LP2 pads to be slightly more comfortable. Earpad mods do help a bit, but the M-100 pads are still quite squishy and so they still do compress.

11. tinyman392
    Quote:

Don't forget pads (memory foam/regular foam) will compress with use...  How much use have your LP pads had?

12. miceblue
    Quote:
    I have a good 20+ hours on them and they're pretty snug on my head.

13. jonnio
    Quote:

No offense man, but this is what makes it hard for me to follow some folks on this forum and make me wonder if they are hearing things or their brains are telling them that they are hearing things....and honestly, it leads people that don't read (or remember) all of the posts to have major issues deciding what to do.

14. miceblue
    Quote:
    Mhmm I see what you're saying. The LP/LP2 pads change the sound in a similar way to the original paper towel mod, and not everyone wants that kind of sound from the M-100; I've always the original paper towel mod does drastically change the M-100's sound (I like the sound, but it deviates a lot from the M-100's original sound). DigitalFreak's mod is, and always has been, the in-between mod and I do recommend that if you want the M-100 with a slightly altered sound and/or higher comfort levels. Most people are here for the M-100 and its sound, so I recommend the DigitalFreak mod.

15. musical-kage
    Yeah, we all have different tastes, and that is why personal experience matters so much in the headphone world (or any world really).

If I do decide to double amp my phone with an external amp, whats the best way to do it? Low volume on the source, and a higher volume on the amp? Or almost max volume on the source, and a lower volume on the amp?
    I would guess a higher volume on the source...

http://epiphany-acoustics.co.uk/products-page/headphone-amplifiers/ehp-o2-portable-headphone-amplifier/

So, seeing as they are based in the UK, is this a good bet?

First

Back
698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707
709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718
Next

Last