V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 11, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #10,306 of 23,366
My order has officially shipped!!!  I ordered mine on November 27th.
beyersmile.png

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #10,307 of 23,366
Hello guys, i wanna some now headphones and i really like look and build of V-moda m100. But i dont know how they sound i am not sure i will like lot of bass. So i went to local headphone store to find out what's really my taste. I tried some famous headphones and this is wath i thing.

Sennheiser momentum(NOT burned in) - i like them, they are fun to listen, only bass is lite too much for me i thing.

Audio technica ATH-M50(burned in) - nothing to complain i like them

Sony MDR-1R(NOT burned in) - i really didn't like their sound signature

Sennheiser HD598(burned in) - liked them but they were too bright for me

Beats Pro(burned in) - not bad but little bit boring

I am not sure if m100 isn't too much bass headphone for me. I like DnB or dubstep but also i like rock and metal.
what do you think guys? I will be glad for the help 
k701smile.gif

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #10,308 of 23,366
Quote:
Hello guys, i wanna some now headphones and i really like look and build of V-moda m100. But i dont know how they sound i am not sure i will like lot of bass. So i went to local headphone store to find out what's really my taste. I tried some famous headphones and this is wath i thing.

Sennheiser momentum(NOT burned in) - i like them, they are fun to listen, only bass is lite too much for me i thing.

I am not sure if m100 isn't too much bass headphone for me. I like DnB or dubstep but also i like rock and metal.
k701smile.gif

If Miceblue comes back, and says the LP/LP2 pads sorts out all the problems of the M-100's in rock, etc, then probably the M-100's!

Dec 11, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #10,309 of 23,366
Quote:

k701smile.gif

I would say M-100.  With Momentum, I felt the bass was too intrusive into the mids.  You won't hear this midrange bleed with the M-100, just a boost in the mid bass with excellent sub bass.  I never feel the M-100 bass overwhelms.  The M-100 does have less bass impact and punch compared to the Beats Pro, but far superior overall SQ, definitely not boring.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #10,310 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

k701smile.gif

If Miceblue comes back, and says the LP/LP2 pads sorts out all the problems of the M-100's in rock, etc, then probably the M-100's!

I'm hoping for that also, especially for the post-metal and classic rock I listen to.

I just know that for dnb (the majorty of my listening), I want BASS, so if it evens out the signature a little bit, I won't be so upset, because I plan to pair it with a ZO in that case.

I can't wait to give my impressions.

Dec 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #10,311 of 23,366
Quote:
dbdynsty25, I would be interested in what you think of the M-100 with your LP/LP2 pads.

Well I am perfectly happy with the pads that came stock on my M100s so I doubt I'll try my LP2 pads on them anytime soon.  I don't want to mess with them.  LOL.  

If anyone wants my LP2 pads, or my purple audio only cable (both brand new and never used), I can part with them for a few bucks.  :)  I noticed you linked to that too but there wasn't pic of the purple cable...it's really pretty sweet looking but the wife uses the speakeasy cable on the white M80s the cable came with.

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #10,312 of 23,366
My M100s have been delivered last week. Unfortunately I have to wait till Friday to get back home...Darn!

The LP2 pad mod sounds very good...the signature changes described my miceblue are exactly what I need. Can't wait to try....

Dec 11, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #10,313 of 23,366
Well I am perfectly happy with the pads that came stock on my M100s so I doubt I'll try my LP2 pads on them anytime soon.  I don't want to mess with them.  LOL.  

If anyone wants my LP2 pads, or my purple audio only cable (both brand new and never used), I can part with them for a few bucks.  :)  I noticed you linked to that too but there wasn't pic of the purple cable...it's really pretty sweet looking but the wife uses the speakeasy cable on the white M80s the cable came with.

I'm interested in both. Pm me or something. I'm PayPal ready

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM Post #10,317 of 23,366
Quote:
I love my crossfade lp's especially since im a basshead. Do you think buying the m100's would be a good choice for me?

From what I've heard: LPs bass is similar to the M-100s. So you won't be gaining any additional bass if that is what your after. However, you will gain better detail and overall quality. Up to you if you think they are worth the 290-340$ (tax included). If your content with yours, I'd probably wait for a price drop. But the pre-order for custom shields added is only for a limited time. So up to you really. =) Good luck.

Keep in mind: V-moda will always have new releases (at least from the sounds of it) over the next 5 years :). Soooo, you will always envy for more with their future releases as well. :) But I doubt any of the closer upcoming model's will be as bass heavy as the M-100s are.

Dec 11, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #10,318 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Well lookie what we have here. I tried the LP/LP2 pads again and this time it sounds MUCH better than what I recall from last time....to the extent where it sounds very similar to my original pad mod.
redface.gif

I must not have had the pads in all the way last time because I noticed that tucking the last part of the pad into the earcup was particularly difficult for me.

dbdynsty25, I would be interested in what you think of the M-100 with your LP/LP2 pads.

With the LP/LP2 pads correctly installed:
  1. bass is reduced about as much as my original paper towel mod, check
  2. midrange is more forward, more so than with DigitalFreak's mod, check (Lindsey Stirling's violin is forward and focused-on, check)
  3. treble extension/upper-treble is increased, making it more suitable for rock music, check (drummer mode is in action, check)
  4. soundstage is much wider and less deep, check (it passed all of my soundstage tests: Team Fortress 2 sentry surround sound, Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2", Ottmar Lieber's Up Close album, and even passing the binaural recording effects in Pearl Jam's Binaural album)
  5. instrument separation is increased, check (instruments are better defined, making it a much better contender for rock tracks with a lot of notes being played at once by different instruments)

Interesting interesting. I'm really, really, really liking my LP/LP2 pads on the M-100. Earpad mods are not needed with these pads, so both comfort and sound are not a problem for me.
I'll have to give this a better listen on Wednesday. I need some sleep now. >.>

Does it change the sound enough to have a similar balance of sound to the m80, if you've heard it?

From memory, and what I posted in previous posts the M-100 still has a bit of a bass emphasis, and still extends deeper, BUT it is much closer to the M-80's sound signature than unmodded/regular M-100 pads.

Summing up what I notice with my LP/LP2 pads:
Quote:
Next to each other, the M-80 has a more balanced sound to them. The upper-treble seemed a bit edgey to my ears but they aren't harsh at all. The upper-midrange was pretty good and the vocals were [more] up-front. The bass was somewhat punchy and had decent extension. For home listening, the M-80's overall sound would probably be more preferable to many and I think it would be more enjoyable to listen to with more music genres. The M-100's bass is pretty dominating when compared next to the M-80, and the laid back upper-treble is somewhat apparent. If you're listening to rock music at home, personally I think the M-80 would be a better choice. While mobile listening on the other hand, the M-80 probably wouldn't be as good as the M-100.

The details presented in the M-100 are also more apparent when compared to the M-80. The M-80 reveals details to a certain extent, but the M-100 in comparison is definitely more detailed.

Quote:
Yes in the sense that the M-100 does most things better than the M-80, but I would prefer a more balanced sound for home listening for I listen to more genres of music at home than while mobile listening (I mostly listen to pop, rock, and electronic for mobile use). From the hype of this thread, I was hoping for a M-100 with less bass and more upper-treble.

I'll have to re-visit a local Radio Shack store to compare the two head-on [apply directly to the forehead] as my recollection of the M-80's bass is a bit fuzzy since I wasn't focusing on that aspect of the sound.

Dec 11, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #10,320 of 23,366
So the M80 has more upper treble and midrange emphasis than the M100s? Shouldn't that mean it's more detailed as well? I wonder why the M100s are more detailed despite being more recessed in the upper treble and midrange regions...

Still undecided about what to purchase. I want phones that are detailed as well as excel in both home and mobile listening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back