V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 23, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #9,721 of 23,366
I placed an order on thanksgiving day so i guess it didnt process yet since it was thanksgiving but is today Friday also a public holiday ? Just wanted to know when they charge my credit card because when i check the website it says Order Status: Manual Verification Required.

Anyone know what that means ? I also sent an email as i wanted two designs on my shield but haven't heard anything. Im assuming its a long thanksgiving weekend ? Sorry for being ignorant but we dont celebrate it over here in Europe...

Nov 23, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #9,723 of 23,366
I placed an order on thanksgiving day so i guess it didnt process yet since it was thanksgiving but is today Friday also a public holiday ? Just wanted to know when they charge my credit card because when i check the website it says Order Status: Manual Verification Required.

Anyone know what that means ? I also sent an email as i wanted two designs on my shield but haven't heard anything. Im assuming its a long thanksgiving weekend ? Sorry for being ignorant but we dont celebrate it over here in Europe...

To me that means that they need to manually verify your card to see if its legitimate as you didn't use Paypal. So once they verify it I assume you will be charged then.

Hope this helps,

Nov 24, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #9,727 of 23,366
Quote:
Anybody know who was selected to test run the velour prototype earpads?  Also, any guesses on what the soon to be released patent-pending surprise is?  I'll take a wildcard shot and guess it is a headphone stand.   

You may be right, he posted some sketches of a headphone stand a while back.

However, I really hope that there's a carabiner slot for the case, I hate keeping things apart from each other.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #9,728 of 23,366
So I was listening to a test track I used for the LP.

Original song

Apart from the practically non-existant upper-treble from the cymbal crashes, this song sounds 9001 times better than the LP which I thought had a very dominating bass that wasn't clean and bled into the midrange. The drums sound much more accurate on the M-100 and the clarity of the drumset as a whole is much better.
^ practically non-existant upper-mids for cymbal crashes is still one of the main reasons why I say the M-100 isn't optimal for rock music. By its nature, the cymbals are very loud in a drumset, especially if you're right next to the drumset like in that video, regardless of the type of microphone used.

Nov 24, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #9,730 of 23,366
Quote:
By its nature, the cymbals are very loud in a drumset, especially if you're right next to the drumset like in that video, regardless of the type of microphone used.

Well in this case it's a lot down to this recording where they aren't as loud as they should be.

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM Post #9,733 of 23,366
Quote:
I haven't heard the D2000, but the M-100 has smoother, but less extended highs than the D600 with a far superior low end. The D600 is more comfortable but a looser fit, so it doesn't work as well for active use. Both have detailed mids.

Craigster75, is this your review? :xf_eek:
http://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Crossfade-Over-Ear-Noise-Isolating-Headphone/dp/B00A39PPDK/ref=cm_cr_pr_orig_subj
Quote:
If you are overwhelmed by the choices of headphones available in the $300 price range, are looking for something to use at home as well as on the go and care about quality sound while also appreciating deep, powerful, tight bass, these are simply the best choice available. The M-100 sounds great with every type of music and really shines with popular and electronic music. In additional to excellent bass, vocals, instruments and highs are detailed and smooth. These don't offer the over-the-top muddy sound of some "rapper cans". The sound is pure, clean and fun. Imaging is great- sound can be perceived coming from all around you which is typically more prevalent in open-back headphones. Even though they are full size headphones, they have an innovative folding design and come with a surprisingly small form-fitting case as well as some nice accessories like the share play cable.

At first, I thought these headphones were not as comfortable as some others due to slightly smaller earcups in comparison, but these have loosened up and have a nice secure fit for active use. I can listen for several hours without discomfort. I can also enjoy these sitting in a chair or exercising.

The M-100 goes as loud as I need with my Iphone 4, so you don't need an amp. However, as with most headphones, they can benefit from an amp and can handle higher volumes as well as boosted bass. I own the white version and they look fantastic- a modern, industrial work of art.

I have literally auditioned dozens of headphones in every price range and the M-100 is the best, most enjoyable headphone to my ears that I have heard under
$1,000. If I sound like an M-100 fanboy, it's because they are that good and have earned the praise.

If so, the underlined portion is something I definitely agree with and is what many customers are probably wondering. I'm trying to edit my extremely long review into a more condensed, consumer-friendly review.

And an update on the Boom Pro Mic cable...yeah it's not noise cancelling, so friends on Skype can hear me breathing. Kinda embarrassing. XD

Nov 25, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #9,734 of 23,366
Nice Amazon review - pretty much sums up my feelings too.

Nov 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #9,735 of 23,366

Users who are viewing this thread

Back