V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 26, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #9,751 of 23,366
You guys know how someone's wing plates broke on their m-100? Are the wing plates plastic? Because on my cross fade lp rouge, the wing plates seemed to be metal?

Yes they're plastic. The LP's metal part is only on the exterior, it's still screwed into a plastic piece.

On a random unrelated note, I purchased a Retina Display MacBook Pro and its "improved" speakers are trash compared to my older MacBook and my 6-year old Dell Vostro. Tinny, sizzley treble, no bass, no lower midrange...just terrible.
The M-100's are the perfect companion to these "speakers" as you get the bass you miss from them. XD

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #9,752 of 23,366
Quote:
Yes they're plastic. The LP's metal part is only on the exterior, it's still screwed into a plastic piece.
On a random unrelated note, I purchased a Retina Display MacBook Pro and its "improved" speakers are trash compared to my older MacBook and my 6-year old Dell Vostro. Tinny, sizzley treble, no bass, no lower midrange...just terrible.
The M-100's are the perfect companion to these "speakers" as you get the bass you miss from them. XD

haha nice to hear, but on the lp/m-100 note. i dont know but im pretty sure they are metal, the matte black ones are plastic and some other but im pretty sure some of them are metal on the wings

Nov 26, 2012 at 7:34 PM Post #9,753 of 23,366
haha nice to hear, but on the lp/m-100 note. i dont know but im pretty sure they are metal, the matte black ones are plastic and some other but im pretty sure some of them are metal on the wings

From the V-MODA M-100 Appreciation Thread:
Looks like the classic "too tight"-screw issue plagued on original LPs too which were later on fixed (not as tightly fastened). Oh well screwing down something directly against plastic is never a good idea in my book, washers in-between (rubber would be nice) would already take care of it as it would put the pressure onto a bigger area/even it out so it would greatly reduce the chance of happening. Would be nice if the wings could be made out of aluminium or something for Revolver. :)

From a different forum:
Unfortunately after a month I noticed the the inner plastic band where the metal adjustment bar that connects the phones to the padding the goes over your head had completely cracked on both sides of the headphones. If you look at the pictures Amazon provides, look at the 6th picture(for the gunmetal version - [...]). The cracks appeared right above the crossfade logo where the 2 screws secure the plastic housing on both sides of headphones(tops of the V). The plastic wasn't just cracked on one screw on each side, it was crack on all 4 screws. This leads me to believe that they had some over-tightening problem when putting in the screws during manufacturing. A day after I discovered the crack, one of the plastic cracked fragments actually fell off the headphones, making it impossible for the headphones to keep tension on the metal adjustment bar.

From Amazon's user photos:

Nov 26, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #9,754 of 23,366
Miceblue is correct, the wingplates are more for aesthetic purposes, same with the shields. They don't particularly contribute to the overall durability of the rest of the headphone. And for the most part aside from the hinge, the driver and the vents, more or less the M-100 is very much the same shape and make as the LP's

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #9,757 of 23,366
http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/22/3677854/holiday-gift-guide-headphones

M-100s won over the hipsters :p

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:39 PM Post #9,758 of 23,366
Head's up. Crossfade LP's on sale for $74.99 with free shipping at Amazon. My M-100's are in the mail somewhere but tempted to get an extra pair of these just because of the disgustingly repulsive low price. I believe the sale ends within the next 20 hours.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:09 PM Post #9,761 of 23,366
Quote:
From the verge they said there's more bass compared to the LP's and LP2's. What?

More emphasis on bass compared to the LP and LP2!? Crazy stuff. I dont understand the M line anymore. I have only read Miceblue, HA, and Tyll's reviews and none of them compared it to the LP and LP2.

I just need a 2db bass boost+extension and comfort boost from my M-80.

Nov 26, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #9,762 of 23,366
Quote:
More emphasis on bass compared to the LP and LP2!? Crazy stuff. I dont understand the M line anymore. I have only read Miceblue, HA, and Tyll's reviews and none of them compared it to the LP and LP2.

I just need a 2db bass boost+extension and comfort boost from my M-80.

That statement doesnt seem right.... The LP and LP2s have XB500 levels of bass...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back