V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #9,046 of 23,366
Hmm I used to be a fan of Tiestos music but I'm more aimed at Armin Van Buuren these days.
That said, surely adjustable bass means it has some kind of amp in them that changes the EQ on the go?

Surely it is exactly the same thing having the M-100s and using a custom EQ to physically do exactly the same thing?

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #9,048 of 23,366
Quote:
Hmm I used to be a fan of Tiestos music but I'm more aimed at Armin Van Buuren these days.
That said, surely adjustable bass means it has some kind of amp in them that changes the EQ on the go?

Surely it is exactly the same thing having the M-100s and using a custom EQ to physically do exactly the same thing?

Quote:
adjustable bass ? you mean like the one they have in custom one pro?

NOT an amp- adjustable mechanically using a similar principle to the Custom One Pro by making changes in the cup venting, but with a dial to "dial up" the bass: studio>club>stage.

Nov 2, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #9,049 of 23,366
Quote:

NOT an amp- adjustable mechanically using a similar principle to the Custom One Pro by making changes in the cup venting, but with a dial to "dial up" the bass: studio>club>stage.

Yep, more venting = more bass due to bigger airflow until it backfires eventually and the airflow focus is lost but yea fully closed is a lot less bassy than a little vented usually. Most basshead cans have a little venting, fully closed without venting usually only go up to about 5dB boost. On XB series it probably gives like 10dB boost by the vented design, covering the holes up completely changes the bass bigtime.

I hope adjustable venting mechanisms become more common in the future, it can't be a bad thing to have a bass-adjustment on the headphones themselves which involves no digital processing or anything, just physical design changes. It makes the headphones more versatile and increases the chances to fit the consumer's taste/needs. Great for DJs as well as consumers that use both headphones at home and on the go (where you might need like 3~5dB extra bass to compensate for the loud environment noise versus listening at home). Different settings for stage & studio = perfect.

Nov 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM Post #9,052 of 23,366
Quote:
I am in the same boat - seeing as the K267 Tiesto as all the features of the M-100, + adjustable bass and a more comfortable build. If the bass settings work, and the sound is as balanced as it is fun, I'll have a new main headphone. I should be getting mine sent to me within the next 1.5 weeks.

Damn you, BRS. (No offense)

I went and subbed to your review thread on the K267's. They do interest me (even thought Tiesto is a massive sellout), and if they end up beating down the M-100 in every aspect, I may just have to jump on them.

Nov 2, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #9,053 of 23,366
It's been "Awaiting Shipment" for 2 weeks now. Man, if they weren't going to send one right away, they shouldn't have said anything in the first place. I don't know when it's going to ship. :frowning2:

Nov 2, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #9,054 of 23,366
Quote:
It's been "Awaiting Shipment" for 2 weeks now. Man, if they weren't going to send one right away, they shouldn't have said anything in the first place. I don't know when it's going to ship. :frowning2:

It was the same for all of us when we ordered them back in August!  It wasn't until late September when they actually shipped, I believe.  That's why it's a pre-order!  You're supposed to get them some time before Christmas, apparently.

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:34 PM Post #9,055 of 23,366
LOL yeah, I believe the order page told you exactly how long you would be waiting (up to 60 days).

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #9,056 of 23,366
"The over-the-ear memory foam cushions are comfortable even after several hours of use", writes Gregory Schmidt of the New York Times. I tend to agree.

gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/headphones-that-blend-fashion-and-performance/

Nov 2, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #9,058 of 23,366
"The over-the-ear memory foam cushions are comfortable even after several hours of use", writes Gregory Schmidt of the New York Times. I tend to agree.
gadgetwise.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/11/01/headphones-that-blend-fashion-and-performance/

And I tend to disagree - that's what is beautiful about opinions/impressions.

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #9,059 of 23,366

I agree as well but that is just because I have smaller ears (headphone ears :)) so I don't experience any discomfort with them.

Nov 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #9,060 of 23,366
Quote:

I don't consider the M-100 pads true memory foam.   When pressing in the pads, they instantly spring back.  Memory foam is defined by staying compressed when shaped and slowly returning to its orginal shape.  You see this "delay" when pressing on a Tempurpedic pillow or bed.  You will also see this same effect with the memory foam pads on the UE6000.  The M-100 pads seem to react the same as an ordinary sponge.  They are more comfortable compared to when I first received them, but I would still only grade as a 7.5 on comfort.  I never forget that I am wearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back