V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 22, 2012 at 12:18 PM Post #8,537 of 23,366
Quote:

Trust me, the comparison surprised me too. I may have been a little too quick in the moment to say the MK2's have 'piercing highs,' it's just that the snare drum of all the songs I tested popped WAY harder than on the M-100, and not really in a good way.

And yeah, the M-100 beat the MK2's bass region in just about every aspect, which had me surprised, confused, dumbstruck, etc. I'll probably end up selling my MK2 at some point now.

Also, the M-100 of course beats it in build design and quality by another few miles too.

Unlike some other newer headphones, I am continuing to be more impressed by the M-100 each day I own them.  I just picked up Taylor Swift's new album and can't imagine a more pleasing, enjoyable sound throughout the range.  There has been almost no discussion regarding the drivers used in the M-100 and I am sure they are Val's best kept secret, but I would say the driver build  is superb based on the SQ.

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #8,538 of 23,366
Quote:
Unlike some other newer headphones, I am continuing to be more impressed by the M-100 each day I own them.  I just picked up Taylor Swift's new album and can't imagine a more pleasing, enjoyable sound throughout the range.  There has been almost no discussion regarding the drivers used in the M-100 and I am sure they are Val's best kept secret, but I would say the driver build  is superb based on the SQ.

Nice, I quite enjoy Taylor Swift too. I listen to a wide variety though so I think M100 is looking to be a very promissing candidate so far and the genres where it's the weakest like jazz, blues and classical are the genres I listen to the least to (especially jazz & blues isn't my kind of music at all but I like some orchestra music quite a lot though) just as I had imagined it to be, I'm starting to punch myself in the face for not ordering a PPU unit though but I'm from europe and would really prefer ordering from here. I was as far as to the final page to confirm the order and was like swaying back n forth and last minute decided to wait for europe launch, had I known it was a matter of months extra wait I had definitely picked up the PPU, I was imagining it was more like 3-5 weeks until retail launch. 

I'm very curious in M100 now though particularly thanks to Leon Dota's ZO2.3 + M100 impressions being a ZO fanboy and owning ZO1, ZO2.1 and ZO2.3 and also the recent talk of the padmod which I know by experience has worked well for me in the past. I think for me, ZO2.1 + padmod = ZOMG BASS EXTRAORDINARIE PLUS with still EXTREME DETAIL

Oct 22, 2012 at 12:53 PM Post #8,539 of 23,366
Order numbers have been said to have little to no implications on arrival but non the less I would like to figure out how close we are to getting them and get a better sense of how long will the wait be. If you'd like to share your Order number and Status as a reply it would be much appreciated. I will take the time and figure out how we are doing. Also submitting dates are helpful given that they reflect shipping time to arrival and will give a broader sense of it all.
wink_face.gif

My Order has the following info: 
ph34r.gif

[size=1.1em]  [/size]

[size=1.1em] Order #217833[/size]

Order Date: October 17th 2012
This order is marked as Awaiting Shipment

I am from Puerto Rico so I expect to have a 1-2 days in delay compared to Continental US and that will probably not affect in contrast to everyone else. 

Talks about the quality go from acceptable to remarkable so I am anxious to try them myself and rate them on really unconventional usage. I do not know what to expect in sound quality and they are probably great since it does have some background on it but what sold me was the Quality of the design and structure. NO OTHER HEADPHONES offer the  number and high-end quality features in the build itself. I have seen coiled long cables with a number of feature, BUT KEVLAR is outstanding and a 45 degree angle is really out there and for the right reasons. Double Ports FTW! So many useful applications from sharing to DJ'ing to multifunctional. It just kicks anyone else buts off the bat and gives it a run for their money. Other awesome stuff are the Carry case (or pouch if that's your term to use), slick as hell while still as bad-ass as CHUCK NORRIS HIMSELF. No to mention the hinges and full metal body. That's where I start to get a numb mouth, drooling saliva all over my keyboard! More flexible than a Olympic gymnastics gold medal champ with all the custom-ability you might need to stand out from the crowd, plus all the tools necessary to make it happen.. That is a mouthful and anyone who says otherwise just is out of their minds. It took me a while to find a pair that fits me under a budget but this pair blows it out of the water and is well within my price range given all the utilities and functionality in it. NOW, consider that my budget was to find the BEST headphones under $100 and went all out to get these! That is just plain stupid or my best investment YET! 
gs1000.gif
    EDIT: How could I miss the pleather memory foam pads?!?!?! 
deadhorse.gif
 I've heard they are just plain comfy when it comes to regular use and paper towel mods are typical in any around ear headphones and do not limit the experience and could vary from user to user. But being a giant headed monster as I am (6'2") and the huge ears that come with it. It seems fair to have some memory-foam on a nearly light headphone set given all the other props (including the flexible head band), the tightness of the cups on the head will probably ease up within a month and keep enough pressure to be firmly wrapped while traveling. The depth of the cups might take some getting used to, but don't they all?!?! It seems to me that there is just nothing going sideways for these HP and stuff just keep popping up to reassure me that it is a great entry level bass-head friendly set to have as a noobie audiophile!

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #8,540 of 23,366
Quote:
Why do you think you have lp2 pads?  The M-100 grey pads are in fact designed for the M-100.

Quote:
I think there is a bit of confusion about this. All the stock M-100s, whichever color scheme you got, has M-100 pads already installed on them out of the box. Some people got LP2 pads as an extra set because they choose pads that weren't from the original color schemes.. I asked for white pads and was expecting them to come preinstalled, but they were instead included on the side and while gray pads were installed on the headphone itself. 

Oh... I thought that only the "black pads" were the only M100 pads available!! Good to know that I have a "complete set" then (if in fact these were made for the M100s...).

Anyway, it doesn't deter from the sound, I just thought they were going to be a bit more comfortable... Fit and comfort actually does remind me of the Signature Pros (i.e. not super comfortable either but manageable...).

Listening now from the HiSound Studio V, Kaskade playing...

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #8,541 of 23,366
Quote:

Oh... I thought that only the "black pads" were the only M100 pads available!! Good to know that I have a "complete set" then (if in fact these were made for the M100s...).

Anyway, it doesn't deter from the sound, I just thought they were going to be a bit more comfortable... Fit and comfort actually does remind me of the Signature Pros (i.e. not super comfortable either but manageable...).

Listening now from the HiSound Studio V, Kaskade playing...

Agreed. The comfort doesn't really take away from the experience, at least for me - but that isn't to say it couldn't be improved either. Seeing as how expertly the weight distribution has been handled, if the pads were just a bit thicker, there would be no comfort issues whatsoever.

If thicker pads balance the sound signature - I wonder what velour pads would do? Make it even brighter, I assume?

Oct 22, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #8,542 of 23,366
For whatever reason, I was born with a large cranium but rather small ears (I tend towards the smallest size for earphone fit), and these headphones have fit magnificently and superbly on my head. Likewise, everyone else I've given these to try out have noted that they fit well, and in particular, one reaction was one of an immediate statement that "ooooh! These are super comfy!"

We must have small ears.

Oct 22, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #8,543 of 23,366
Quote:
If thicker pads balance the sound signature - I wonder what velour pads would do? Make it even brighter, I assume?

Guess so... Bass-lovers would probably not like the velours. The only bassy headphone with velours that I've tried has been the Beyers DT770 and it definitely does not have the sound the M100s produce...

Quote:
For whatever reason, I was born with a large cranium but rather small ears (I tend towards the smallest size for earphone fit), and these headphones have fit magnificently and superbly on my head. Likewise, everyone else I've given these to try out have noted that they fit well, and in particular, one reaction was one of an immediate statement that "ooooh! These are super comfy!"

We must have small ears.

I guess I actually do have "small" ears but I use glasses...

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #8,545 of 23,366
Yet another riveting review...  check it out!

"V-MODA delivers yet again another fine piece of audio equipment. Their strive for perfection is certainly seen with the M-100."

http://www.chipchick.com/2012/10/v-moda-m-100-review.html

-v

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #8,546 of 23,366
Quote:
Yet another riveting review...  check it out!

"V-MODA delivers yet again another fine piece of audio equipment. Their strive for perfection is certainly seen with the M-100."

http://www.chipchick.com/2012/10/v-moda-m-100-review.html

-v

Yeah it is! Nice work all around, Val. Listening now to So Fresh, So Clean on my M-100...  Definitely fresh and clean sound :)

Oct 22, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #8,550 of 23,366
Quote:
To those who have it? Are these really worth $300 or might I just get the M-80s instead?

They aren't only worth $300 but you're getting sound above that pricetag based on all reviews/impressions etc so far I'd say so YES it's very well worth it if you can afford the extra. I know I haven't even tried them but I've read pretty much all opinions about them so far in this forum and I don't remember ever seeing a more glowing impressions of a headphone at launch ESPECIALLY for the most anticipated headphone release ever (which tend to blow up the expections skyhigh), I'm amazed V-Moda actually could live up to the hype, seldom does it happen in any kind of business, whatever we're talking games or movies, music or headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back