V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #8,341 of 23,366
IMPRESSIONS OF M-100 + DIGIZOID ZO2.3

---------------------

HOLY BALLS

---------------------

In all seriousness, I was backstage before/during my performance tonight and had a couple hours to test the M-100's with the DigiZoid ZO2 (v2.3). Boy, if you guys thought these cans purred without amping, you gotta try it with a ZO2. Waves of creamy, delicious bass washed over my ears like the richest of swiss chocolates, while the crunch of the mids and the airy highs remained present, not unlike almonds and bits of toffee in this chocolatey simile.

Albums I tested with the M-100 both unamped and amped included:

Local H - Local H's Awesome Mix Tape #1 (Post-Punk/Post-Grunge Rock)
Ritalin - Bedside Toxicology (Ambient/Industrial Electronica)
Mr. Scruff - Ninja Tuna (Trip-Hop/Electronica)
Metallica - Metallica (Thrash/Heavy Metal)

I can vouch for the fact that the M-100 retains it's impressive soundstage and the mids/highs stay right where they are while the bass thunders down. With those memory foam pads, it's a little like basshead heaven.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #8,342 of 23,366
Quote:
Sorry guys off topic...

Guys, I need your honest opinion?  I am not an audiophile, but I like to listen to modern Jazz, R&B, Vocal Trance, 80`s Pop etc...  3 days ago, I pre-ordered the M-100 Matte Black and hopefully I`ll get it by Xmas.   

Here is my dilemma, I auditioned all current Grado headphones lately, and I was amazed on the PS500 over sound quality top to bottom, but the price is too much for me. 
Today, my sister told me she will give me $400 as a Xmas presents.   Since the M-100 cost me $340 shipped, I`m thinking if I cancel the order and add that money to my sister`s gift and buy the Grado PS500 which cost $595 plus shipping....

I know these two headphones are two different animals... =)  I do not care if it is closed back or open.  I will just use the headphone at home.  
What will you guys do?

I need to decide until tomorrow morning since I will be meeting my sister and possibly buy the Grado.  I am a bit intrigue with the M-100 though, but I never got a chance to demo it.  The closet model I sampled was the M-80.  The Grado PS500 , I already knew the sound signature....

Pls. help..... 

You have to realize that like you stated, you are no audiophile. Purchasing Grado PS500s will make you over cautious to bring them out in real life scenarios (bus, walking around, etc.) that you might get them damaged. Therefore those Grado's will most likely remain on your desk, forcing you to use boring earbuds in your day to day life. The thing about V-Moda and their M80s and M100s is, you don't have to leave them at home - they have been graded to handle stress in regular daily life, if you drop them, they will work, if you sit on them, they will work. M100s and M80s have substantial sound quality to anything you are probably used to, and you can bring these wherever you go without worrying about damaging them...

Save the extra money and buy an Amperior, Keep the m100s and soar into goodness.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:11 AM Post #8,343 of 23,366
Youtube can't do it justice, but hehehe, for a laugh you guys should find a good copy of this (or anything else my Techmaster)

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:42 AM Post #8,344 of 23,366
Was listening to my M-100 today at the local Starbucks a couple of hours ago (actually was doing another M-100 vs Momentum face-off) and I think I heard something weird on Michael Jackson's Human Nature. I didn't pick this up before in other headphones but whilst listening on the M-100s, I picked it up rather clearly.

Just wondering if any of you other guys have the Michael Jackson's Thriller album. If you do, have a listen to Human Nature and starting from around 0:14 onwards (throughout the whole song) there is this rather annoying chime that's obviously part of the music but is off-key. You can hear it from the left channel in the background. At first I thought it was someone's cell phone going off, but realised it was coming from the track. It sounds a little bit like some kinda ringtone that's trying to follow the song's main melody but it's way off-key.

The M-100 was detailed enough to highlight that - but now I know what to search for, it's driving me nuts in every headphone I hear. Let me know if you guys hear that off-key tone in the Human Nature song track.

Sorry to bring back an old post, yeah I've noticed that "windchime" sound too. I find it surprising that you haven't heard it on other headphones though since I can hear it pretty clearly on any of the earphones/headphones I own at about the same volume level.

My "Human Nature" track is from Quincy Jones's From Q, With Love album.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #8,346 of 23,366
Ok, so I want to order the matte black headphones, but with the brushed metal shield like on the picture of the shadow version. Does anyone know what that is called? I couldn't see anything like it on the list of custom shields...

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:23 AM Post #8,347 of 23,366
Ok, so I want to order the matte black headphones, but with the brushed metal shield like on the picture of the shadow version. Does anyone know what that is called? I couldn't see anything like it on the list of custom shields...

They're having a shortage of those shields so they're not available for purchase.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:28 AM Post #8,349 of 23,366
I think the shadows look like a tackier version of the matte. Not to disparage anyone, but that's just my opinion. I think the matte are even sexier than my whites because the whites unfortunately have a bit of cheap-looking shiny plastic in the construction which looks odd compared to the actual metal.

Oct 20, 2012 at 2:36 AM Post #8,351 of 23,366
Plain and simple. Matte Black is slick, Matte Black is Sexy, Matte Black is unbelievably hard to beat. People - I swear to you, will kill themselves to try and get a pair of Matte Black's. My Crossfade LP2s in Matte do quite a good job at getting female attention :) White ones look like typical tacky (no offense here!) junkie headphones you see 18 year old dweebuses that dropped out of high school wearing (I'm sure people could pull another look off though lol). 

This is just my opinion, don't judge me, I just see that stereotype from that color :frowning2:

Oct 20, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #8,353 of 23,366
Quote:
Did anyone else still waiting for shipment get this e-mail?
rolleyes.gif

Getting a extra cable, if the boomPRO the same price.

The Remix headphones would make a good gift or a good backup pair :p
The boomPRO cable price is still undetermined-- but my best guess is they will overprice it, probably will end up being around 30$ :/. Although, I personally think it should come with it regardless of pre-purchase, pre-order, or regular purchase. You can get better high quality mics for 30$. So it's mainly just convenience.
If you care about having the cable, I'd say wait. The other cable options are useless & redundant.

Oct 20, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #8,355 of 23,366
Just ordered a pair. Not sure why, but I felt I needed to try them. $300 is a whole different league of headphones. Do these sound like $300 cans?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back