V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Oct 3, 2012 at 11:12 PM Post #7,066 of 23,366
Quote:
Thing is - it wouldn't be months, it would be a week or so at most for Anak-chan and Tyll's reviews. But thing is, at that point, mine would be in the mail, and I don't want to find out they're not for me, with them already being sent to me...

This is troubling me - why must all these headphones come out at once?

Let's bet on the "reviews"...

:p

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:13 PM Post #7,067 of 23,366
Quote:
Thing is - it wouldn't be months, it would be a week or so at most for Anak-chan and Tyll's reviews. But thing is, at that point, mine would be in the mail, and I don't want to find out they're not for me, with them already being sent to me...

Same reason why games come out at the same time. Competition is good for the market. It's rabbit duck headphone season. Anyway, Tyll hasn't even received his yet, so we'll see when he does end up posting a review about it.

And I mean, reviews can only do so much. I can't guarantee you'll like them, but if you've been amped up for it for months but right now are content with just getting them, that's probably for the best. It mixes the excitement of waiting for something (like Christmas!) with less of the possibility of feeling that it didn't live up to the hype. And I'll be honest here, when I make a review, it probably won't be neutral. I'd argue that reviews are hardly ever neutral unless you live under a rock. When I buy my games or see a movie, reviews don't really do it for me, and if I go in thinking I'll like it, I'll probably end up liking it. 

On top of that, it's one thing for you to be waiting for them and not really wanting them. But what if you cancelled your order and learned that you really liked them but their release date is decemberish? I'd say the former is far more bearable than the latter.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #7,068 of 23,366

I guess you could hope for the best and hope for a review written earlier than next week. Consequently, i would also feel horrible if i returned them and they recieve steller reviews. Then all my months of waiting would go to waste. At least for me, both choices aren't too pleasant.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:19 PM Post #7,069 of 23,366
Quote:

BRS- We are probably close to a tie for posts in this forum.  Val has done a fantastic job of buildup and generating excitement for a product he is clearly passionate about.  Many of us have enthusiastically come along for the enjoyable ride.  Having direct discussion with the CVO has been enlightening and frankly, flattering.  It would be a shame for Val's hard work and effort building buzz and excitement for the M-100 to be undermined by creating legitimate frustration and negativity among his most rabid supporters this close to the launch. 

Val, thank you for including us in this process.  No matter how long this takes, there is no way I would cut off my nose by cancelling my preorder.  However, the delays have been so long and numerous, I see a shift among some from anticipation to resentment.  It's time to toss the fledgling off the cliff and let it fly.

As I stated in the post, I am all for V-MODA. If the V-MODA sound is something you like - balanced, with a forward, "warm-ish" sound, and a slight bass boost - then I can't think of any better company when it comes to ethic and offers to buy from.

Thing is, I am unsure of whether the sound will be for me. I love V-MODA, and I will follow their future headphone and updates closely, but it's just that I am not sure if this is the best headphone for my needs, after seeing all the new headphones that are being released. 

Right now I'm thinking of taking a "Wait & See" approach, but I don't know. It depends when the reviews come out. If they come out soon enough, I can check, and decide based on actual impressions.

I guess you could hope for the best and hope for a review written earlier than next week. Consequently, i would also feel horrible if i returned them and they recieve steller reviews. Then all my months of waiting would go to waste. At least for me, both choices aren't too pleasant.

Yeah - that's partly what I mean. I don't want to be "abandoning" the brand, as I love what they do. It's just a matter of the headphone meeting my needs or not.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:26 PM Post #7,070 of 23,366
I am too busy with school to actually have a sense of urgency. These tests are killing me. Good thing I love my Fiio e17xHD598s enough that it isn't problem when I need music. Plus, everything else I want to buy comes out next year anyway. No expectations here. I waited over half a year too for a Kickstarter project delay that came in a week ago (it's Double K graphic novel. Everybody should read it.).

It's all in your head, guys. BE DISTRACTED BY SOMETHING ELSE.

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #7,071 of 23,366
Quote:
  However, the delays have been so long and numerous, I see a shift among some from anticipation to resentment.  It's time to toss the fledgling off the cliff and let it fly.

The only resentment I worry will develop is Val's. He's endured so much whining about release dates and begging for freebies on this thread that I will be surprised if he chooses to go down anything like a similar path with future products like Revolver. Frankly, I wouldn't blame him for keeping his work close to the chest from here on out. As much as I look forward to the release of the M-100, the entitled, self-centered attitudes in some posts on this thread make me cringe with embarrassment. You're getting a resentment? Really? Tell me how much not having this product in your grubby hands right now has affected your quality of life...

I'll probably delete or edit this rant in the morning, but for now, it's all yours (to be clear, not "yours" as in Craigster75's, but "yours" as in this thread's).

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #7,072 of 23,366
Quote:
The only resentment I worry will develop is Val's. He's endured so much whining about release dates and begging for freebies on this thread that I will be surprised if he chooses to go down anything like a similar path with future products like Revolver. Frankly, I wouldn't blame him for keeping his work close to the chest from here on out. As much as I look forward to the release of the M-100, the entitled, self-centered attitudes in some posts on this thread make me cringe with embarrassment. You're getting a resentment? Really? Tell me how much not having this product in your grubby hands right now has affected your quality of life...

I'll probably delete or edit this rant in the morning, but for now, it's all yours (to be clear, not "yours" as in Craigster75's, but "yours" as in this thread's).

x2

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #7,073 of 23,366

X3, We have waited this long for them and they will ship when they ship. I know some people are getting frustrated over the headphones not shipping due to the boom mic's but isn't that a extra accessory We wanted? So why don't we just cut Val some slack and just be patient. He has done so much for us so far and the last thing he needs is more people stressing him out. I understand some people wanted these for their vacations or what not but look on the bright side at least we are guaranteed a pair of M-100's unlike the people who missed the preorder and have to wait till December or even later to get them. I think this thread should just take a breather and just continue once we get an update from Val.

Just my two cents,

Oct 3, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #7,074 of 23,366
Quote:

I will quote your response so that your rant will still appear in the morning.  It is interesting that you take one sentence of an overwhelmingly positive post and attempt to chastise me with it so that you can be the champion of popular (or maybe not so popular) opinion.  I feel my post was complimentary, diplomatic, civil and constructive.  Also, you talk about my self-centered attitude when you demand that I tell you how much not having this product in my "grubby" hands right now affects my quality of life?  It's not a rhetorical question and my answer is not for public display. 

I have been closely involved in this thread for months and am continuing to provide Val with my individual perspective as we all do.  As a successful entrepreneur, I imagine Val takes in all perspectives and, in the end, makes his own decision. 

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:12 AM Post #7,075 of 23,366

X4

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #7,076 of 23,366
Quote:
I will quote your response so that your rant will still appear in the morning.  It is interesting that you take one sentence of an overwhelmingly positive post and attempt to chastise me with it so that you can be the champion of popular (or maybe not so popular) opinion.  I feel my post was complimentary, diplomatic, civil and constructive.  Also, you talk about my self-centered attitude when you demand that I tell you how much not having this product in my "grubby" hands right now affects my quality of life?  It's not a rhetorical question, but my answer is not for public display. 

I have been closely involved in this thread for months and am continuing to provide Val with my individual perspective as we all do.  As a successful entrepreneur, I imagine Val takes in all perspectives and, in the end, makes his own decision. 

But isn't that the whole substance of your statement? It's the fact that in spite of that positivity, there is a shift in anticipation to resentment because Val is providing the best possible experience for his consumer. Hidden things, special things to special guests. Yes, it was an overal positive post, but by ending it on a negative tone, it sets a negative tone for what you want to present. Especially by emphasizing that it's a feeling of resentment for someone who didn't have to come onto this forum to solicit opinions. The only part where the resentment comes from is that you, the customer, have yet to receive it in spite of the fact that you know it exists, it's going to be released, and it's not some nonexistant vaporware. It's like Darkfireblade said, It's all in your head. 

Yes, you have been a part of this thread for months and have been providing Val with your opinions. And we get that you have enjoyed his presence here. But as Val is a valued guest here, I'd say that rather than emphasize building resentment and pushing that sentiment by brooding over that idea, just let it be. On that note, also remember that DJSquared may be a bit more blunt than usual due to personal circumstances.

Edit: and to emphasize all this, I think if we look at Roma in particular, she has been especially patient due to the fact that she was not part of the preorder lineup and has to wait for the december release. So she has to wait even longer! and she's been around this thread for awhile and is a fan of the M80's and V-Moda as a whole! But she doesn't seem to give off that vibe that she'll die if she doesn't have her headphones by tomorrow. It's incredulous that a crowd grabbing pitchforks to demand something they want when they will eventually, and much earlier than other consumers, receive the item. A quality item. But that they're pushed into irrational fear by sudden delays.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #7,077 of 23,366
Oh my god! Please stop. Quit already. If you want to cancel your pre-order, do so and stop posting. Otherwise, just wait patiently for the headphones to arrive. Nothing you post here is going to make them come any faster. I come here occasionally to check if Val has posted any update(s). Each time, I have to trudge through page after page of verbal vomit. Quit it. Go get a job, or a hobby, or a girlfriend (or boyfriend).. or just find something else to entertain yourselves with.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:29 AM Post #7,078 of 23,366
Resentment is a strong word in itself. It may be an appropriate, natural response if you have personally been deeply wronged by someone. In this case, Val obviously hasn't wronged or hurt anyone - quite the opposite really.

The guy has devoted a lot of time reaching out to our small community (again, how many companies and CEOs have you seen do this? Very very rare opportunity to personally converse with and give input to a CEO who is doing his best in tuning this headphone to its full portential for you, their customer). I think the best thing to do is trust him - like someone else stated, the headphones will ship when they ship.

In the end, this waiting period is temporary and pretty soon, you'll have a great headphone in your hands.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #7,079 of 23,366
Quote:
But isn't that the whole substance of your statement? It's the fact that in spite of that positivity, there is a shift in anticipation to resentment because Val is providing the best possible experience for his consumer. Hidden things, special things to special guests. Yes, it was an overal positive post, but by ending it on a negative tone, it sets a negative tone for what you want to present. Especially by emphasizing that it's a feeling of resentment for someone who didn't have to come onto this forum to solicit opinions. The only part where the resentment comes from is that you, the customer, have yet to receive it in spite of the fact that you know it exists, it's going to be released, and it's not some nonexistant vaporware. It's like Darkfireblade said, It's all in your head. 

Yes, you have been a part of this thread for months and have been providing Val with your opinions. And we get that you have enjoyed his presence here. But as Val is a valued guest here, I'd say that rather than emphasize building resentment and pushing that sentiment by brooding over that idea, just let it be. On that note, also remember that DJSquared may be a bit more blunt than usual due to personal circumstances.

Edit: and to emphasize all this, I think if we look at Roma in particular, she has been especially patient due to the fact that she was not part of the preorder lineup and has to wait for the december release. So she has to wait even longer! and she's been around this thread for awhile and is a fan of the M80's and V-Moda as a whole! But she doesn't seem to give off that vibe that she'll die if she doesn't have her headphones by tomorrow. It's incredulous that a crowd grabbing pitchforks to demand something they want when they will eventually, and much earlier than other consumers, receive the item. A quality item. But that they're pushed into irrational fear by sudden delays.

After some reactive posts yesterday to similar comments from another, I should have known better unless I was trying to stir the pot, which I was not.  I still feel Val benefits from, and deserves to hear, critical feedback as well as accolades.

Oct 4, 2012 at 12:35 AM Post #7,080 of 23,366
Quote:
Resentment is a strong word in itself. It may be an appropriate, natural response if you have personally been deeply wronged by someone. In this case, Val obviously hasn't wronged or hurt anyone - quite the opposite really.
The guy has devoted a lot of time reaching out to our small community (again, how many companies and CEOs have you seen do this? Very very rare opportunity to personally converse with and give input to a CEO who is doing his best in tuning this headphone to its full portential for you, their customer). I think the best thing to do is trust him - like someone else stated, the headphones will ship when they ship.
In the end, this waiting period is temporary and pretty soon, you'll have a great headphone in your hands.

Bad word choice, my apologies to everyone. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back