V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 20, 2012 at 1:55 PM Post #6,511 of 23,366
Quote:
If you had chosen the faster shipping, it probably would have made it to you - assuming they all ship tomorrow. If they do ship tomorrow, those who chose the quicker shipping option to Canada can expect them on the 26th. Otherwise, it would be on the 28th or later.

Too laaaate though, unfortunately.  I really wish I'd chosen the faster shipping but it just went a little bit too far out of my budget at the time!  It really sucks we can't change the order after the fact!

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #6,517 of 23,366
So, I got a Sansa Clip+ in the mail today. There's no point to having portable headphones if you don't have a portable player, right?

Well, I'm glad I didn't do an unboxing video. It would have consisted of about thirty seconds of joy and ten minutes of me being pissed off because all of the packaging plastic was fused together. I had to cut it open with my work knife.

I mean, I understand the Sansa is a cheap player, but there's no excuse for packaging like that. XD

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:36 PM Post #6,518 of 23,366
Quote:
I hope it's not true. I can't wait m-100 until 2013. In this case I better buy Beyerdynamic dt 1350 or some new headphones.

We'll have more in 2012, I'll get precise dates, but my guess is about 70 days.
Quote:
Do we know when in 2013? (sorry, don't think I can read through 435 pages of thread! and clearly i'm late to the party. would gladly pre-order if i could...)

see above
Quote:
So, I got a Sansa Clip+ in the mail today. There's no point to having portable headphones if you don't have a portable player, right?

Well, I'm glad I didn't do an unboxing video. It would have consisted of about thirty seconds of joy and ten minutes of me being pissed off because all of the packaging plastic was fused together. I had to cut it open with my work knife.

Seriously?

Well, when you open M-100, its a red ribbon cutting ceremony.  So get your special scissors/knives/swords ready!  

I'm going to open mine with my Hattori Hanzo sword, the finest steel for the finest steel.

ENGINEERING TEST MATRIX
I'm reviewing our in-depth test reports now, it shows pinching forces on ears, head, plug removal force, exact cable lengths, switch op force, you get the picture (there are 80+ items we measure).  CONSISTENCY IS CRITICAL.

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #6,519 of 23,366
Well, when you open M-100, its a red ribbon cutting ceremony.  So get your special scissors/knives/swords ready! 

I'm going to open mine with my Hattori Hanzo sword, the finest steel for the finest steel.

I'd expect no less from a mastermind like you, Val. 
popcorn.gif

By the way, how are you doing with the units so far? Any news for your loyal fans?

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #6,520 of 23,366

I mean, I understand the Sansa is a cheap player, but there's no excuse for packaging like that. XD

That packaging is such a pain to take apart. I did do an unboxing video...but it lasted 20+ minutes and no one wants to watch that, hahahaha. That being said, you should install Rockbox on it. :wink:

Sep 20, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #6,521 of 23,366
ENGINEERING TEST MATRIX
I'm reviewing our in-depth test reports now, it shows pinching forces on ears, head, plug removal force, exact cable lengths, switch op force, you get the picture (there are 80+ items we measure).  CONSISTENCY IS CRITICAL.

Val, your attention to detail is astounding. 
eek.gif

That packaging is such a pain to take apart. I did do an unboxing video...but it lasted 20+ minutes and no one wants to watch that, hahahaha.

Ugh. The less said about that experience, the better. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #6,523 of 23,366
     Quote:
Will Amazon have a supply to sell in October since I would think they are V-Moda's biggest reseller?

Val said, "We'll have more in 2012, I'll get precise dates, but my guess is about 70 days".  So not by October...

Sep 20, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #6,524 of 23,366
Quote:
     Quote:

Val said, "We'll have more in 2012, I'll get precise dates, but my guess is about 70 days".  So not by October...

Yes, but I believe Val is referring to a direct purchase from V-Moda since his priority seems to be distribution through his partners.  It is possible he has hundreds of M-100s reserved for Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back