V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 24, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #5,476 of 23,366
Quote:
This is a pic of shadow's "shareplayTM" cable that is included. It is the long cable that goes from source to headphone and allows another headphone to be plugged into it if you wish.

SpeakEasy 1-button cable

Shadow
White silver
Matte black
Cable color
Black
Cool grey 8c/11c
Orange 1595C

SharePlay cable

Shadow
White silver
Matte black
Cable color
Black + Red
Cool grey 8c/11c
Black

PS - played "guess the pantone" with a designer the other day, we were even at reds but I won at oranges and blues!

Thanks, but I still don't know if that's the end that connects to the source or to the headphone. :/ :) (Yeah, I'm that noob)

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #5,477 of 23,366
^^Sweet.  Is that the cable that's coming with the PPU's?  The one everyone is assuming is for gaming?  Have these units shipped out to anyone yet? 

And if there was a cable or mic or something for gaming...it would make sense.  Wasn't there some big discussion about 3000 posts ago about Vmoda being sold at Game Stops? 

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #5,478 of 23,366
Guys I need some advice, I'm gonna be moving in Sept and I can't afford to have the headphones get shipped at that time. I've been contemplating on whether or not I should just cancel the M-100's and just buy the M-80's and get a pair of DT1350 as well. Pretty hard decision and would love to hear everyones thoughts on here or through a pm or something, If I did stick with these I would need  them by 10th of Sept 

Aug 24, 2012 at 5:51 AM Post #5,479 of 23,366
Quote:
Guys I need some advice, I'm gonna be moving in Sept and I can't afford to have the headphones get shipped at that time. I've been contemplating on whether or not I should just cancel the M-100's and just buy the M-80's and get a pair of DT1350 as well. Pretty hard decision and would love to hear everyones thoughts on here or through a pm or something, If I did stick with these I would need  them by 10th of Sept 

You can get it once u settled down. That depends wether you like on-ear headphone, for me on-ear gets really uncomfortable after a while.

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:00 AM Post #5,480 of 23,366
Quote:

Can't you have it shipped to the new address instead?

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:10 AM Post #5,482 of 23,366
Quote:

Yh but the thing is that if it gets shipped earlier then there'll be no one to pick it up, and I really can't trust my flat mates as of yet :l

Assuming your flat mates will be at the new address...
What I would do is ask customer service if they can let you know at least a couple of days in advance the day that it's going to ship, before it ships. And if they say yeah, change the order to the new address, and ask them to let you know when it's going to ship before it ships, so you can have time to change the address to your convenience, or cancel the order. You'd would have to depend on customer service letting you know at least a few days in advance, so you'd have to make sure they can email that info for you, when it's official.

If you ask me, you're not going to have them by Sept 10th. IMO.

Aug 24, 2012 at 6:28 AM Post #5,483 of 23,366
Quote:

What about these to hold you over- getting solid reviews and under $100.  That way you could still afford the M-100 at a later date.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/inexpensive-and-terrific-noontec-zoro

Another option is to check out the PSB M4U2.

Aug 24, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #5,484 of 23,366
Quote:
I think what he means is they may not be good for competetive gaming. PC350/360's are praised by gamers because they offer an edge over typical headphones
If I were playing a round of CS or CoD, I'd pick up the HD598's over my V-Moda's, by a mile.

Edit: If I were more of a casual gamer, then I'd prolly be content with the M-100's too

How in the world would you know this?  The 598s are not "gamer" headphones, they just got a cult following in the gamer community because they do extremely well when paired with a Dolby headphone decoder.  Sennheiser made them first and foremost for the audiophile though.  The PC360s were just a good offshoot when they saw how big the market was.

To presume to know how well the M-100s will do in games seems a little much....unless you already have yours, in which case I'd love a review.

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #5,485 of 23,366
Quote:
How in the world would you know this?  The 598s are not "gamer" headphones, they just got a cult following in the gamer community because they do extremely well when paired with a Dolby headphone decoder.  Sennheiser made them first and foremost for the audiophile though.  The PC360s were just a good offshoot when they saw how big the market was.

To presume to know how well the M-100s will do in games seems a little much....unless you already have yours, in which case I'd love a review.

It's common sense. Bassy headphones are usually tuned in the exact opposite of the ideal for gaming rigs.

Aug 24, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #5,488 of 23,366
Quote:

It's common sense. Bassy headphones are usually tuned in the exact opposite of the ideal for gaming rigs.

That's because most bassy headphones are lacking in mid-range and highs.  If there is a little extra, but clean punch, to the bass while maintaining well defined mids and highs the bass should not detract from the ability of the headphones to support gaming.  If the bass drowns out the other sounds, then yes, the M-100 will not be ideal for FPS games.

My point is - We have no specifics on how the M-100s are tuned, how they perform in different scenarios, or how they will compare to other headphones.  Until that time the only thing you can do is assume how you think they will perform.  Maybe you end up being right, maybe not, but either way their (in)ability to support gaming is not a fact at this point in time.

Aug 24, 2012 at 10:50 AM Post #5,489 of 23,366
Quote:

For one, I own them
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back