V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 22, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #5,266 of 23,366
Quote:
Ok, I have freed up about an hour to respond to questions and I just got done getting more answers myself.  Can somebody respond to this with a list of the most common FAQ lately?  I'll read through all the past posts eventually but I am behind and I am afraid I do not have a time to answer one by one.

Quantity
So far we have received a lot of pre-orders, so we will limit it to ~99 more!  It is pretty exciting.  Believe it or not, at last count there was 101.  Which is ironic since that is the highway in Cali and the MSRP of some of our products.  

When?
Q: While somebody volunteers to compile this and PM me or post it here, I am sure the biggest FAQ is when

A: We are seeing a clearer best/worse case date range internally and it is coming soon, but it all depends on the sign-off on ALL reliability engineering tests.  Quality is #1 and we are finishing the testing in both real life and lab tests.  I did a lot of beta DJ testing the last few weeks and had no issues with extreme usage.

Shield Progress
We are still engraving all the shields, I think we'll always put the shield in a separate package vs install it.  I think you'll want to see the original first, and we won't want to delay the shipments.  I am going to take a group shot of all the shields in a special shot.

Cork
Pictures coming soon, it is the cover of one of the inputs

Shareplay Cable 
The audio-only cable itself has a y-connector built-in.  

Colors
I need to send full CMFS to the forums, again once I'm back I'll do this.  I personally love the inside of the case of Matte Black 

Sound
It's passing our standards now, we have upped our "yield" to 80%.  I'll be most interested to hear feedback! It definitely "kicks with clean clarity", if I could describe it in words.  

Manual
This is taking a long time to write, I wish we did not have to include it and I'm thinking of ways around this in the future.  I mean, if they own a M-100 they definitely have internet, right?  Sigh...

-v

Wow, we've only had 101 pre-orders so far? Haha I was expecting more when I look at the size of this thread....But in all seriousness, good job guys! 

Oh yea and color information/more photos would be something I'd like to see (agreeing with the post above me)

Aug 22, 2012 at 12:56 AM Post #5,268 of 23,366
Quote:
It's great to hear that quality is #1. I definitely don't mind waiting extra in order for headphones to pass quality control tests.

Relating to colours, photos of the stock M-100's is a FAQ (e.g. what matte black looks like, does shadow have the red inner headband, etc.).

Agree, we need photos and I'll post some.  Matte Black is ALL matte black but orange micd cable/black audio cable.  Shadow does NOT have red inner headband.  

What colour cables will the M-100's get? Matte black with orange cable? White/silver with orange cable (like in the Twitter photo)?

White is all grey cables.

Matte is orange for mic, black shareplay.

Shadow - black mic, red/black audio-only (99% sure, need to fact check if reverse though)

What exactly comes with the VTF-100 is also a FAQ (extra accessories-wise).

Custom shields for one, case, cork and faders.  Package you can keep forever by taking off outer sleeve.

That's also great to hear. Sound isolation was another one of the FAQ's.

M-50 Comparison
I'll do more in-depth analysis versus, once again.  But its going to take more of others opinions vs mine as I don't like to publicly talk down other brands. There is an issue though since we have several and I believe some are a lot older than others, but I'll check again.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #5,270 of 23,366
Is it confirmed that the headband material for the M100 shadow will be like the M80s? I emailed the service and they told me all should be made of the same material.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #5,271 of 23,366
What exactly comes with the VTF-100 is also a FAQ (extra accessories-wise).

Custom shields for one, case, cork and faders.  Package you can keep forever by taking off outer sleeve.

That's also great to hear. Sound isolation was another one of the FAQ's.

Seriously? All that, AND the faders?

I love you guys.

Wow, we've only had 101 pre-orders so far? Haha I was expecting more when I look at the size of this thread....But in all seriousness, good job guys! 

Yeah I was pretty shocked myself. Guess that means that a lot of people are waiting on reviews and such, hahaha

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #5,273 of 23,366
It's super awesome because I was actually thinking of picking up a pair of faders for various EMS details I have to do where the music is deafening. Definitely earned yourself a loyal customer here.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #5,274 of 23,366
Quote:

M-50 Comparison
I'll do more in-depth analysis versus, once again.  But its going to take more of others opinions vs mine as I don't like to publicly talk down other brands. There is an issue though since we have several and I believe some are a lot older than others, but I'll check again.

Yeah I don't think comparing a specific brand, let alone a specific headphone, to your own would be a good idea for public image-sake. Perhaps it would be better to do a M-100 vs LP/LP2 isolation comparison. I do recall that people (not just here in Head-Fi) were hoping to have a little more noise isolation than the LP/LP2.

Thank you for ironing out the colour/cable details though. It seems that a lot of people were confused about that, as well as what the VTF-100 package comes with. I had a hunch that the Faders would be involved somehow. :wink:

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #5,275 of 23,366
I have a pair of Faders. They're actually pretty good, I tried testing them a few months ago by wearing them near the service pits of a dirt bike race. They worked like a charm far better then earplugs

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:20 AM Post #5,276 of 23,366
Quote:

Yeah I don't think comparing a specific brand, let alone a specific headphone, to your own would be a good idea for public image-sake. Perhaps it would be better to do a M-100 vs LP/LP2 isolation comparison. I do recall that people (not just here in Head-Fi) were hoping to have a little more noise isolation than the LP/LP2.

Hopefully he can do it for both - I have never had a chance to try the LP1/2's...

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #5,277 of 23,366
I don't think it would be a good idea to have an M50 comparison on the thread from Val. It's way to easy to wind up getting sued for saying the wrong thing. I suggest you ask Val to give his opinion in private PM.

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #5,278 of 23,366
Quote:
I don't think it would be a good idea to have an M50 comparison on the thread from Val. It's way to easy to wind up getting sued for saying the wrong thing. I suggest you ask Val to give his opinion in private PM.

Yeah - I was just thinking of doing that, since I can see how it'd be a bad idea.

Let me know about how the isolation stacks up against the M50's in PM then Val! Thanks!

Aug 22, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #5,280 of 23,366
Does anyone know what date the pre-order was first mentioned, or on what page of this thread? I don't mind sorting it out tonight if someone can find where it was first mentioned. If I don't find 99 people, a thread can always be started for it. I'm around for an hour before I have to go out for a while.

Ignore this, I didn't read what Val wrote properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back