V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 17, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #4,936 of 23,366
Quote:
As far as I know I interpreted the extra accessory as at least an extra cable, the PPU units coming with 3 cables as opposed to 2, probably the coiled cable. I'm fairly sure I remember reading about 3 cables in one of Val's posts.

That could be it, but it wouldn't only be for the matted version, it'd be for all models.  There is something that the matted version has that none of them have.  I'm thinking it might be a visual thing, not an actual extra accessory. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM Post #4,937 of 23,366
Quote:
It's also not certain that absolutely everyone will get the extras (or at least the same extras) for the simple reason Val runs out of stuff.  Again, that happened last time with the M-80s -- people received different extras depending on what was available and when they ordered.  It might not happen again but, then again, it might.

My $310 investment is for an M-100.  That's where my material expectation ends, but gratis inclusions wouldn't go unappreciated.

Quote:

There is something that the matted version has that none of them have.  I'm thinking it might be a visual thing, not an actual extra accessory. 

My interpretation of Val's statement is that the Matte Black version holds exclusivity of the mentioned orange audio-only cable and a visual element included at the urging of Jude.  That isn't to say that I believe the Matte includes MORE than the other bases, but merely a DIFFERENT aesthetic.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #4,938 of 23,366
When I heard that Val was going to put a little something extra with the matte black, my immediate thought was that he was going to include a pair of Faders...
...the speculation of orange cables, or a coiled cable sounds much more plausible though.

.....or maybe larger earpads? I doubt it.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #4,939 of 23,366
Quote:

My $310 investment is for an M-100.  That's where my material expectation ends, but gratis inclusions wouldn't go unappreciated.

My interpretation of Val's statement is that the Matte Black version holds exclusivity of the mentioned orange audio-only cable and a visual element included at the urging of Jude.  That isn't to say that I believe the Matte includes MORE than the other bases, but merely a DIFFERENT aesthetic.

Oh, I understand now.  I thought you said the other models would have 2 cables and the Matte black would have 3 (which I don't think would happen).  I'll believe the Matte black having orange cables instead of other colors though.  IDK if I'd personally like the look though XD

Quote:
When I heard that Val was going to put a little something extra with the matte black, my immediate thought was that he was going to include a pair of Faders...
...the speculation of orange cables, or a coiled cable sounds much more plausible though.

.....or maybe larger earpads? I doubt it.

Like you, I doubt larger earpads...  Cable is actually feasible though.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #4,940 of 23,366
Hey everyone. I really want to purchase the m100, but I'm not sure if I want the PPU where the sound quality won't be as good as the final version. Does anyone have a guess when the official m100 will be available and for what price?

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #4,941 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey everyone. I really want to purchase the m100, but I'm not sure if I want the PPU where the sound quality won't be as good as the final version. Does anyone have a guess when the official m100 will be available and for what price?

No one said the sound quality won't be as good...  Actually, it's the opposite, it will be the same SQ. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #4,942 of 23,366
Wait, will the headphone ship with the original shieldcolors, PLUS an extra pair of the color u chose?
So the Shadows will come with brushed shields plus Orange if that is what I decide on?

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #4,943 of 23,366
Quote:

Sound quality will be the same as production. Although I am like you and want production M-100s. They will be $300 and probably out mid-September.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:51 PM Post #4,944 of 23,366
I thought VAL said he was going to make minor adjustments to the PPU for the final version of the m100? If the sound quality is not going to be changed one bit, is there any advantage buying the official m100 rather than the vtf-100? 

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #4,946 of 23,366
I don't get why someone official doesnt say something here... Since v moda is already taking orders and the code is 'exclusive' for headfiers,, and we are pretty much the only ones im assuming making orders. Why or why doesnt someone just post some official  information here. After all we are parting with hard earned money here.... Its prob causing even more trouble for the officials being bombarded by emails.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #4,947 of 23,366
Quote:

You mean a dedicated Head-fi member who got his stuff together.

If you say so....while I don't disagree with much of what he said, he's still assuming/speculating just as much as anyone else unless he is Val or a representative of V Moda.

Quote:
lol he isnt a representative 

Quote:

He isn't Val or a V-Moda rep... 

Quote:
Check your sarcasm-o-meter :wink:

nonetheless, it'd be great to get some more info from Val or V-MODA. Up untill now, this (PPU-)release makes for a slightly chaotic drama.

Im glad someone around here understands sarcasm when they see it. And yes it would be nice if Val would chime in at some point with a little more info about all of this so everyone can stop speculating about how/when/what etc..... will all go down.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #4,948 of 23,366
Quote:
I'll believe the Matte black having orange cables instead of other colors though.  IDK if I'd personally like the look though XD

My belief that the orange cable is Matte-only was the one article urging me to correct my Shadow ordering mishap.  Then again, I have an affinity for the citrus color palette. 
basshead.gif

Quote:

Wait, will the headphone ship with the original shieldcolors, PLUS an extra pair of the color u chose?
So the Shadows will come with brushed shields plus Orange if that is what I decide on?

That was my understanding of what Val had previously alluded to.  I'm sure there's a post around 'ere somewhere...

...and 'ere it is!

Quote:

Plus I'm trying to get head-fiers to extra pieces of test gear if I can.  BUT every head-fi M-100 purchaser gets custom shields, so start thinking about your designs or one of ours.

But don't worry, you'll get stock shields too, the customs is just something we want EVERYBODY to have now.  And we have the process down to hours so we like to test it in volume.

Bolded a bit that relates to prior discussion.

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #4,949 of 23,366
For the extra shields thing, there is really no way to tell what the color of the extra shields will be. All you get to do is pick one pair for sure and hope the extra ones aren't the same ones. 
Or maybe the custom shields is printed on black, and the extra shields is the color you pick? I'm not sure lol. 

But again is there any advantage of ordering the official m-100 than the vtf-100 right now other than waiting for the reviews?

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #4,950 of 23,366
This thread is full of craziness!

I can't recall so many Head-Fiers buying a new headphone unseen & unheard before. Are folks really assuming that the M-100 will be so amazing that they're actually buying blindly, instead of waiting for impressions? This has to be a first for Head-Fi.
tongue.gif

Personally I'm going to wait for some impressions. This blind buying is a little too risky even for me....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back