V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 17, 2012 at 5:36 PM Post #4,952 of 23,366
Quote:
This thread is full of craziness!

I can't recall so many Head-Fiers buying a new headphone unseen & unheard before. Are folks really assuming that the M-100 will be so amazing that they're actually buying blindly, instead of waiting for impressions? This has to be a first for Head-Fi.
tongue.gif

Personally I'm going to wait for some impressions. This blind buying is a little too risky even for me....

LOL.  I'm going to be with you here.  I'm expecting a love/hate thread once people get their hands on it.  Hate comes from over-hyping.  Love comes from fanboys/girls tobe XD  You'll end up with two extremes, but nothing trustable as that would be the center (something you probably won't get for a while). 

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #4,953 of 23,366
Quote:

I can't recall so many Head-Fiers buying a new headphone unseen & unheard before. Are folks really assuming that the M-100 will be so amazing that they're actually buying blindly, instead of waiting for impressions? This has to be a first for Head-Fi.
tongue.gif

Personally I'm going to wait for some impressions. This blind buying is a little too risky even for me....

Well we heard it before... ish. Then what happened with the HF-1 and HF-2 on their release?

Aug 17, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #4,954 of 23,366
Quote:

tongue.gif

Who says I'm buying blind? If you look through the thread you'll see a series of impressions by AnakChan as well as various other information concerning the build quality and the odd tidbit from Val explaining how they locked in the final sound and why. I also own the M-80 and have a good idea what the house sound of this line of headphone will probably be. Yes there's still some risk and guess work on my part but considering 80% of people on these boards post garbage along the lines of how their recently purchased M50 are D7000/LCD3/HD800/(fill in expensively priced headphone of your choice here) giant killers I think I made my decision wisely. Considering AnakChan owns and has heard various mid to high end priced cans and explains his findings on the M-100 compared to what he's heard in the past I'm more apt to believe his posts merit more weight when compared to 15 year old M50 owner(s) Tom/Tina Suburbia or their demented uncle Johnny WannaBe Audiophile who buys the newest most expensive can on the market and then runs around on the forums screaming his new headphone slays everything else out there even though he's heard nothing else to compare them against. Yes there's still a chance I might not like the M-100 but based on what I've read on this thread and my past experience with V-MODA and their no questions asked money back guarantee the chance I'm taking is what I deem an acceptable risk.

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:08 PM Post #4,955 of 23,366
Quote:

tongue.gif

I'm opting in for the package. If I end up not liking it, I'll probably send it back to V-MODA, or resell it here. I've never sold anything on Head-Fi before.

Plus, ~$300 USD is my maximum spending limit for a pair of headphones, until I graduate college and get a real job. I'm satisfied with the mids/upper-mids of my Shure SRH940, perhaps the M-100 will satisfy my lows/lower-mids cravings every now and then.

I'm totally excited to see how this song sounds on the M-100. It sounds so off with my SRH940 because of its "meh" bass response.

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #4,956 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm opting in for the package. If I end up not liking it, I'll probably send it back to V-MODA, or resell it here. I've never sold anything on Head-Fi before.

Plus, ~$300 USD is my maximum spending limit for a pair of headphones, until I graduate college and get a real job. I'm satisfied with the mids/upper-mids of my Shure SRH940, perhaps the M-100 will satisfy my lows/lower-mids cravings every now and then.

I'm totally excited to see how this song sounds on the M-100. It sounds so off with my SRH940 because of its "meh" bass response.

Oh my god. I think I'm in love. And it sounds fantastic on my V-80s.

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #4,957 of 23,366
Quote:

tongue.gif

I agree, I'm hoping to see some good reviews but I know the first wave of reviews/impressions will probably be from bias fanboys trying to justify a $310 purchase.
Thank god for InnerFidelity

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #4,958 of 23,366
Quote:
I agree, I'm hoping to see some good reviews but I know the first wave of reviews/impressions will probably be from bias fanboys trying to justify a $310 purchase.

I think it'll be more of a love hate review set if anything.  Otherwise, I do agree with you.  I just think we'll see two extremes, not one. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #4,959 of 23,366
I was lucky enough to win the random m-100 prize for the recycle comp a few weeks back. I just sent Val a pm on how I can redeem the prize and if the VTF-100 will be a limited run as it would be kinda nice to own a pair hopefully before they are out of stock. I also queried him if the white versions will come with the white case (like the m-80 pearl white) can anyone confirm and the colour of the v-moda logo on the top of the headband? Will it be grey in this picture or the red that are on the LP's

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:02 PM Post #4,961 of 23,366
Quote:

Been called many things but never a fan boy...............I see you're from Minnesota...................the Vikings stink................and now back on topic to the M-100.

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #4,962 of 23,366
Quote:
Been called many things but never a fan boy...............I see you're from Minnesota...................the Vikings stink................and now back on topic to the M-100.

I know rite, total waste of money building them a  new stadium

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #4,963 of 23,366
Anyone want to give me ideas on how I can justify my reason in buying a $310 headphone? I would pay with my own money but my parents will still disaprove. I mean they're the ones with the credit card lol.

Also, it is said over and over that there will be extra shields. So the color I pick will of course be one pair of shields. If I decide to enter a signature, will it show up on the colored shield I picked? Also, if I choose to upload a design for a custom shield, what colored shield will the design be put on? 

Thanks 
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 7:14 PM Post #4,964 of 23,366
All I wanted was M-80 sound/looks but over-the-ear.

The looks are important.

Very important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back