V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 17, 2012 at 2:43 PM Post #4,910 of 23,366
Now I am envious of people who paid extra for 2 day shipping 
tongue.gif

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #4,911 of 23,366
CRRAP, me too..
I sent them a message inquiring about the shield engraving and havent received a reply yet..
For any of you familiar, would you know if you can have a black shield engraved with the black etching? I want my etching to be nearly invisible

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #4,915 of 23,366
Quote:
I got the awaiting shipment email as well and am a bit confused. Does this mean that they have finished all of the engraving of custom shields and are now ready to ship off the headsets already?

I honestly just think this means that they reviewed the order and will proceed to do whatever they need to do to get it ready...they can't engrave the shields that fast.

Aug 17, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #4,917 of 23,366
Quote:
I ordered mine before it said pre-sale. Maybe the ones who bought before they changed it to pre-sale got the PPU's.

We still have that problem? Come on, guys. This is getting old.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #4,918 of 23,366
The maddening, uh, gray area pour moi was not knowing how many shields (and therefore possible colors) would be included:  whether I should order custom black shields to match the matte black of the rest of my new cranial ensemble or assume I'd be getting a black matte pair gratis and was free to "express myself(TM)" with orange (or door-hinge purple, for that matter).

I thought about white pads for contrast, then realized how soon they'd darken.

Here, by the bye (see goodbye below), is a quote from a great American artist which should allay anyone's concerns about having "settled" for that unfashionable, unmatchable color black:

Quote:
“When I fell in love with black, it contained all color. It wasn’t a negation of color, it was an acceptance. Because black encompasses all colors. Black is the most aristocratic color of all, the only aristocratic color. For me this is the ultimate. You can be quiet and it contains the whole thing. There is no color that will give you the feeling of totality. Of peace. Of greatness. Of quietness. Of excitement. I have seen things that were transformed into black that took on greatness. I don't want to use a lesser word. Now, if it does that for things I've handled, that means the essence of it is what you call alchemy."

-- Louise Berliawsky Nevelson (who spray-painted her walls black no matter where she lived for roughly thirty years)

(Did someone say goodbye?)

Her studio:

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #4,920 of 23,366
Agreed - we already established this. For those who don't get it, let me be a bit more blunt. (Remember, blunt =|= rude)

ALL MODELS CALLED "V-MODA VTF-100" ARE PRE-RELEASE/PRE-PRODUCTION UNITS. THESE UNITS COME WITH:
  1. M-100
  2. Free Extra Shields
  3. Free Engraving
  4. Extra Accessories (A la Matte ver. Special "Extra")

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHEN YOU PUT YOUR ORDER IN. ALL OF THEM ARE PRE-RELEASE UNITS, AND WILL BE SENT OUT BEFORE THE RELEASE OF THE M-100's.
  1. The reason the subtitle changed as people were ordering was because the page had just gone up. They were still finishing putting the page up, and wanted to clarify that these were special orders - pre-orders - not regular headphone orders.
  2. Same can be said for the 45-60 day wait, it's all a precaution, and will not take that long.

Hopefully this helps... Again, I am not being rude, and nor am I angry. I just want to make this clear to those who are confused and causing more confusion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back