V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 17, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #4,921 of 23,366
Quote:

1. Extra Accessories (A la Matte ver. Special "Extra")

OK, you need to reinterpret this...  A la Matte ver. = In the Matte version (translated from French).  Special extra is the thing that Jude wanted (design feature I'm guessing) included with the Matted version...  It does not mean extra accessories. 

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #4,922 of 23,366
Quote:

OK, you need to reinterpret this...  A la Matte ver. = In the Matte version (translated from French).  Special extra is the thing that Jude wanted (design feature I'm guessing) included with the Matted version...  It does not mean extra accessories. 

It was never elaborated on, so we don't know. I think Val said "included" so it might be either.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #4,923 of 23,366
Agreed - we already established this. For those who don't get it, let me be a bit more blunt. (Remember, blunt =|= rude)

ALL MODELS CALLED [COLOR=FF0000]"V-MODA VTF-100"[/COLOR] ARE [COLOR=FF0000]PRE-RELEASE/PRE-PRODUCTION[/COLOR] UNITS. THESE UNITS COME WITH:
  • M-100
  • Free Extra Shields
  • Free Engraving
  • Extra Accessories (A la Matte ver. Special "Extra")

IT [COLOR=FF0000]DOES NOT MATTER[/COLOR] WHEN YOU PUT YOUR ORDER IN. [COLOR=FF0000]ALL[/COLOR] OF THEM ARE PRE-RELEASE UNITS, AND WILL BE SENT OUT [COLOR=FF0000]BEFORE[/COLOR] THE RELEASE OF THE M-100's.
  • The reason the subtitle changed as people were ordering was because the page had just gone up. They were still finishing putting the page up, and wanted to clarify that these were special orders - pre-orders - not regular headphone orders.
  • Same can be said for the 45-60 day wait, it's all a precaution, [COLOR=FF0000]and will not take that long.[/COLOR]

Hopefully this helps... Again, I am not being rude, and nor am I angry. I just want to make this clear to those who are confused and causing more confusion.

Thanks for the info Val, or V Moda representative...at this point everyone is guessing and speculating just chill out everyone how about that?

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #4,925 of 23,366
Quote:
Thanks for the info Val, or V Moda representative... 

You mean a dedicated Head-fi member who got his stuff together.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #4,928 of 23,366
Aug 17, 2012 at 3:42 PM Post #4,930 of 23,366
Quote:
1. No need to worry about the pre-order status of these, as even people who've ordered before the item name change still have "this product is preorder only" in their order status at the moment. 

For what it's worth, at no point have my order details contained the text "this product is preorder only."

Additionally, I received a status update today.  My order status is now "Awaiting Shipment."  What, exactly, this means I cannot say.

I'm just now catching up on the posts from today, so my apologies for any redundancy.

EDIT:
Now seems appropriate to digress back to a previous avatar.

Aug 17, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #4,932 of 23,366
I don't want to get involved in speculation unless it's fun rather than prescriptive, but since you inadvertently involved hoary old Scrypt and his withered buttocks, here's my best impression of an Elizabethan Nick Nolte:

Quote:
Agreed - we already established this. For those who don't get it, let me be a bit more blunt. (Remember, blunt =|= rude)

ALL MODELS CALLED "V-MODA VTF-100" ARE PRE-RELEASE/PRE-PRODUCTION UNITS. THESE UNITS COME WITH:
  1. M-100
  2. Free Extra Shields
  3. Free Engraving
  4. Extra Accessories (A la Matte ver. Special "Extra"). . . .

Hopefully this helps... Again, I am not being rude, and nor am I angry. I just want to make this clear to those who are confused and causing more confusion.

We haven't established what you've just reiterated above, but I do agree that what you've reiterated is highly probable.  It's likely we'll receive extra shields, as people did during the M-80 pre-release. However, I haven't read anything that proves it's certain, hence my hesitation to believe.

The designations 4 and 5 on the order form also reinforce the very likely idea that the custom shields will be included with the standard ones.  Then again, what if the custom color applies not to the custom shield but the non-engraved one?  What if Val has his own special color picked out for the engraved shields?  Not true-bloody likely, of course, but still possible.  It's fun to relinquish control sometimes -- especially over things you can't control.

It's also not certain that absolutely everyone will get the extras (or at least the same extras) for the simple reason Val runs out of stuff.  Again, that happened last time with the M-80s -- people received different extras depending on what was available and when they ordered.  It might not happen again but, then again, it might.

The whole package looks fun, and it will be interesting to see whether the same customizable options will be offered to the public (at first) beyond the custom shields.  The CEO gets to decide on what the strategy will be, and it seems as if he hasn't revealed everything -- where would the glee be in that? The best way not to paint oneself into a corner is to stay open.

And to those who keep talking about how the VTFs are a bigger deal than the custom Grados and other such offerings:  To a person whose first interest is in audio, the Grado HF-1s and HF-2s were a much bigger deal than this because they were one-of-a-kind headphones in terms of sound and materials

That's why those headphones were a must-buy for so many veteran members, while these -- i.e., the VTFs -- will simply be fun for many of us, including veteran sound engineers and studio musicians (like me).  If you doubt it, ask Joker.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #4,934 of 23,366
Quote:
Check your sarcasm-o-meter :wink:

nonetheless, it'd be great to get some more info from Val or V-MODA. Up untill now, this (PPU-)release makes for a slightly chaotic drama.

I guess I do need to recalibrate it XD  Sometimes sarcasm doesn't go through strong enough I guess :p  Well, either way, I do agree, I do want some official information about these.

Aug 17, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #4,935 of 23,366
As far as I know I interpreted the extra accessory as at least an extra cable, the PPU units coming with 3 cables as opposed to 2, probably the coiled cable. I'm fairly sure I remember reading about 3 cables in one of Val's posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back