V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #4,771 of 23,366
Quote:
It's the same shape, and the shields are cross-compatible, so it's a perfect analogue minus the hinges. What do you think about the color scheme?

Color contrast looks nice. However the M-100 inner headband is grey instead of black. I'm thinking the grey inner headband + white earpads might look odd.

I'm planning to order white with grey pads with light blue shields.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #4,772 of 23,366
Quote:
Color contrast looks nice. However the M-100 inner headband is grey instead of black. I'm thinking the grey inner headband + black earpads will look odd.

I'm planning to order white with grey pads with light blue shields.

Nice plan!

Do you think I should shoot them a message to change my order? It's either: 
  1. Matte Black (Black everything) + Custom logo
  2. White Silver + Matte Black Shields + Black or Grey Pads + Custom Logo

I don't know which would look better...

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #4,773 of 23,366
It's the same shape, and the shields are cross-compatible, so it's a perfect analogue minus the hinges. What do you think about the color scheme?

The color scheme you described is exactly the same as what I ordered, save the pads.

I personally feel that black pads are boring because just about every pleather pad in the universe is black.

The problem is that we don't know much of the specific details about the white M-100's color details, like the lining (gray?), details, cables (rumored to be orange but as far as I know there are no actual concrete pictures of said cables), accents, etc. save a few grainy pics that aren't much use for reference. It makes these kinds of decisions hard.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #4,774 of 23,366
Quote:

The problem is that we don't know much of the specific details about the white M-100's color details, like the lining, details, cables, accents, etc. save a few grainy pics that aren't much use for reference. It makes these kinds of decisions hard.

Yes. I was hoping Val could post a photo of each colour scheme since the one from Facebook is grainy as you mentioned.

I'm guessing white and matte black look similar to the ones in this photo:

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #4,775 of 23,366
I ordered the white with grey as well.  The brushed black shields looks fantastic, but I ordered the blue which I believe is a new color and an excellent shade.  No design for me since I am over 40 and would look silly with a two-headed snake or something like that on my shield.

I thought about getting plain brushed shields but I couldn't pass up the free engraving offer. Hopefully my image will look good! And I'm over 30, hope I don't look silly!

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:41 PM Post #4,777 of 23,366
Quote:
Nice plan!

I plan to be wearing these around school, so I'm biased towards #2 in that you would stand out a lot more. I like the ocean blue shields because it adds a touch of colour aside from grey/white/black.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #4,779 of 23,366
Quote:
I plan to be wearing these around school, so I'm biased towards #2 in that you would stand out a lot more. I like the ocean blue shields because it adds a touch of colour aside from grey/white/black.

It's funny, because a month back, I was a huge advocate of the white + light blue combo - and now it seems popular. I'm glad.

Still deciding though.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:46 PM Post #4,781 of 23,366
Am I the only one who thinks black on white looks garish?

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #4,782 of 23,366
Quote:
Nice plan!

While the picture of the white LP with black shields, black wing shields and a black headband underneath is an awesome color scheme. You can't change the wing shields on the M100 so in my opinion from how i imagine the M100 without the black wing shields, it messes up the look. The headband on the M100 for White Silver won't be black either so even more so. :|

I have actually grown to like the Matte Black a lot, and personally i would just get that with 1 or 2 custom logos when the market M100s come out because i dislike colors that stand out to much honestly. lol

That and black especially with Matte Black stays clean very easily. xD

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:52 PM Post #4,783 of 23,366
While the picture of the white LP with black shields, black wing shields and a black headband underneath is an awesome color scheme. You can't change the wing shields on the M100 so in my opinion from how i imagine the M100 without the black wing shields, it messes up the look. The headband on the M100 for White Silver won't be black either so even more so.

Was just about to say this.

Aug 16, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #4,784 of 23,366
Wonder where Val is... a lot of people have ordered these on the website before he has even said anything about them. I'm assuming official pics will be posted as soon as he gets on here and clears up "yea, we did make them available before I mentioned anything myself".

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #4,785 of 23,366
Quote:
 You can't change the wing shields on the M100 so in my opinion from how i imagine the M100 without the black wing shields, it messes up the look. 

Wait, you can't? Why not? Where was this confirmed? First I've heard about it. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back