V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #4,726 of 23,366
Starting to regret getting matt black, Shadow would go with more colours if I were to get custom shields...

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #4,727 of 23,366
JUST put in my order!

A little miffed that it isn't free to ship to Canada, but that's a small criticism. I'm sure enough that I will like these, that I don't mind spending a bit on shipping. Hell - if I don't like them, that will part of the refunded price right? (I HIGHLY doubt I wont like them.)

Sending in my two logos through the V-MODA concierge, since the customization doesn't allow two files.

Matte Black M-100's with Matte Black custom shields - I'm going for the all stealth look 
biggrin.gif

Let's hope the 45-60 days is just a precaution on their part, so that people dn't expect them right away.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #4,731 of 23,366
I'm gonna ask a few of my friends who have freelance photography businesses to take a few pics of these babies when they come in. SO STOKED.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #4,732 of 23,366
Quote:
Starting to regret getting matt black, Shadow would go with more colours if I were to get custom shields...

My knowledge of consensus visual appeal is shallow, but in my estimation the red accents of the Shadow don't lend themselves well to a wide array of complimentary colors.  Matte/gloss black, brushed, gunmetal, chrome... the only non-grayscale color that would meld is red in my opinion.

Black is a universal compliment to the entire visual spectrum and initial selections are typically the correct ones.  Congrats on making a great choice! :)

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:17 PM Post #4,734 of 23,366
Quote:

My knowledge of consensus visual appeal is shallow, but in my estimation the red accents of the Shadow don't lend themselves well to a wide array of complimentary colors.  Matte/gloss black, brushed, gunmetal, chrome... the only non-grayscale color that would meld is red in my opinion.

Black is a universal compliment to the entire visual spectrum and initial selections are typically the correct ones.  Congrats on making a great choice! :)

Completely agree.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #4,736 of 23,366
Quote:
Anybody have photos of the matt and shadow colours, possibly side-by-side?

The best my cursory glance could find.  Boy... that one on the right sure looks snazzy. 
L3000.gif

EDIT:
Interesting that Val has been mum on both Head-Fi and Twitter.  Hoping that everything is alright and looking forward to his proceeding comments.

Aug 16, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #4,738 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey can anyone confirm when is the earliest we can receive the orders and if they are PPU or MU ? If v moda has gotten back to anyone ?

*In Theory* based on Val's posts, he wants these orders in so that V-Moda can begin shield engraving ASAP. If it's anything like what he projected waaaaaaaaaay back in June/July, these should ship in a week or two, and then the MPUs will be officially released to the public soon after (a week or two). Of course, this was assuming that they'd be released in late July, but assuming that production and tweaking is the rate limiting step, everything afterwards should flow quickly enough, especially seeing as we've already seen the packaging and the units themselves.

And although the answer is no in terms of confirming it with a hard response, you might as well rack it up that we're 99% sure that they're the PPU's based on information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back