V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 16, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #4,546 of 23,366
It also puts a large burden on Val. He has to make the decision, and deal with any fallout from people that don't get chosen, etc. Do you really want to do that to the guy when he already has so much on his plate?

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:26 AM Post #4,547 of 23,366
Once again this method equates interest and excitement with visibility, i.e post count, which just isn't an accurate indicator.

I didn't mention "post count" once in my explanation. Both of you chose to link it to that. 

What I meant to say is that it's Val's choice if he decides to hand-pick users. It's all up to him whether he chooses them himself, or uses another method as well.

It also puts a large burden on Val. He has to make the decision, and deal with any fallout from people that don't get chosen, etc. Do you really want to do that to the guy when he already has so much on his plate?

It's not a public company, it's private. It's his own company, and he values his users and his quality above all else; you can see that yourself in his dedication he shows here on Head-Fi. Do you really think that he will choose a method so bad that people will riot?

No matter what, I plan to respect his decisions, he is a great business-man and a fellow audio-enthusiast after all.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #4,550 of 23,366
Quote:
But how else would Val judge who is or is not 'worthy' of getting a PPU?

Looking at their history and other gear possibly? They are part of the units that are sent to reviewers - so sending them to users with comparable headphones and equipment would be a good idea, since he could get better reviews and such from that approach.

That's just one of many approaches he could take.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:34 AM Post #4,552 of 23,366
Quote:
I didn't mention "post count" once in my explanation. Both of you chose to link it to that. 

What I meant to say is that it's Val's choice if he decides to hand-pick users. It's all up to him whether he chooses them himself, or uses another method as well.

You're right, it's absolutely his call. But how is Val to "tell who has had the most interest, and who has seemed the most excited" unless it's via something he can see: posts?

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #4,554 of 23,366
Quote:
It's not a public company, it's private. It's his own company, and he values his users and his quality above all else; you can see that yourself in his dedication he shows here on Head-Fi. Do you really think that he will choose a method so bad that people will riot?

No matter what, I plan to respect his decisions, he is a great business-man and a fellow audio-enthusiast after all.

Please don't put words in my mouth.

All I'm saying is that no matter how well he chooses, there are people who are likely to be upset. I did not claim that would be you. I did not claim it would be because he would pick a poor method.

All I said is that hand picking people causes fallout that is a lot different than just offering them on a first come first serve basis. Asking him to do so means extra burden for him.

Aug 16, 2012 at 3:39 AM Post #4,556 of 23,366
Quote:
I don't know why nobody thinks that First-Come, First-Serve is a reasonable method of PPU acquisition.

Agreed; It's probably the most fair and easy to do.

I was just brainstorming other ways, that's all. I apologize to anyone who was bothered or annoyed by my ideas, just think of it as me thinking out loud.

Aug 16, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #4,560 of 23,366
Too many people be getting too defensive about these PPUs. Trying to exclude other people, weed out the "bad members", segregate into crowds, etc. It all just seems plain childish to me. I don't know about anyone else though.

If you don't get a PPU, so be it, buy the M100 when it's officially released. No use in fighting and debating about who's worthy.

You're the buyer, not the seller. Be a buyer and don't make up bogus rules on who should and shouldn't be allowed to get a PPU just so you'd have a better chance in that system.

My 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back