V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM Post #4,216 of 23,366
There's nothing wrong with reading forum posts and not posting.

Also, just to clarify, I did have the option of ordering off V-Moda.com, but I chose Amazon because it was slightly cheaper and I have Prime. 

Aug 11, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #4,220 of 23,366
Quote:
Yep.  The recordings make a difference.  Like most of today's music is just loud.  It's overmudulated.  Sometimes it's really difficult to find nicely mastered music.  But if you have the M80 and you want to listen to some really finely produced music, then listen to Michael Jackson.  Billie Jean is one of my staples.  I'm not really a fan of Michael Jackson music, but you can typically expect a pretty good recording...with lots of added subtleties in the background. 

funny you would say that, been listening to alot of michael jackson.

Specifically, Dirty diana, smooth criminal, and Jam.. Love those songs on the M80's, i did not know that michael did a little crying softly into the mic 1/2 way through the song Dirty diana.

Everything i listen to now is flac'ed. Funny how artists i used to like with cheap speakers and cheap headphones, that i cannot listen to now. I used to love tool, but after listening to them with my 80's i dont really like the albums. Found out later that they were very poorly mastered albums..

Aug 11, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #4,221 of 23,366
Ya, Tool is part of the new "loud music" generation.  One of the worst recordings I think I've ever heard in my life was Metalica's Death Magnetic.  Worse than nails going down a chalkboard!  hahaha. 
Quote:
funny you would say that, been listening to alot of michael jackson.

Specifically, Dirty diana, smooth criminal, and Jam.. Love those songs on the M80's, i did not know that michael did a little crying softly into the mic 1/2 way through the song Dirty diana.

Everything i listen to now is flac'ed. Funny how artists i used to like with cheap speakers and cheap headphones, that i cannot listen to now. I used to love tool, but after listening to them with my 80's i dont really like the albums. Found out later that they were very poorly mastered albums..

Aug 11, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #4,222 of 23,366
Quote:

IMO, the fairest way to prioritize the Head-fi community is #of posts on the M-100 thread which is admittedly self-serving, but it is a reasonably unbiased way to measure emotional and time investment relating to contributing to M-100 buzz to help you determine and evaluate who might be most deserving of the PPU opportunity.

No disrespect but this, IMHO, is exactly the kind of discussion that we should be actively avoiding at this point.  It only serves to create unnecessary tension between Head-Fiers, necessitate an inevitable pruning/intervention from moderators, and put added/undue pressure on Val.

Quote:

M-100 DATE STATUS
[size=small]The one issue now is every country is wanting stock as we'll be sold out before launch by a long long shot.  We are trying to make a fair situation on how many we allocate between USA and Japan as they want them all plus some.[/size]

-v

[size=small]So, stay tuned  [/size]

Everyone, please understand that this product launch stretches far beyond the confines of Head-Fi and there are vendor relationships that must be maintained and built upon.  In my lens, it's a pretty ballsy move for Val to be forthcoming with this fact and he's to be revered for it.  Initial disappointments will be unavoidable and I'm sure that product constraints were a considered variable from the beginning.  Heck, I would admittedly be disappointed, but I wouldn't go the fickle route of grabbing a readily-available competing product or the irrational one of bashing the handling of the launch after so many admirable boxes had been ticked in the lead up to it.

The M-100 will be a mass-produced consumer good.  As such, supply will eventually intersect with demand and all interested parties will be fulfilled.  Not getting one on release day is what Louis C.K. would refer to as a "white people problem," so let's all just have a laugh while we wait and celebrate a successful launch when it drops. 

Val, please do what's best for the V-MODA brand in the long-term.  Spread your inventory to as many corners of the world as you can with emphasis on markets that are deemed the most prudent for growth potential.

Full Disclosure: I am not a business owner and, therefore, cannot empathize with Val's position.  I'm merely a fan of an ethical approach, and V-MODA has proven to be an exception to the rule.

...and I'm also a white American with trivial problems that I complain too much about. 
biggrin.gif

Aug 11, 2012 at 3:31 PM Post #4,225 of 23,366
My apologies to everyone except for sfoclt who needs to grow up.  I thought it would be the most democratic solution.  Out of respect to all of you, I will not post on this thread for awhile since it seems I have nothing of value to add at present.

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #4,226 of 23,366
What's up with the tension in this thread? At times it feels like world is ending soon and people are dying to hear/get this headphone before as the last memorable thing on the earth, jeez lol.

I'm interesting in the headphone for sure but I don't even have any rush to get it, I might try to order a PPU or I might not, depends on the feeling once they are released and well if I manage to snatch one in first place for that matter as they will undoubtedly go very quick. Just sit back and relax people and enjoy the exciting times when we are nearing to a promissing on the paper looking headphone's launch.

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #4,227 of 23,366
Quote:
My apologies to everyone except for sfoclt who needs to grow up.  I thought it would be the most democratic solution.  Out of respect to all of you, I will not post on this thread for awhile since it seems I have nothing of value to add at present.

If the PPU's were strictly intended for head-fi'ers/viewers, perhaps Val could drop a claim-code and instructions in a post? I feel that would be a fair disbursement for the people who have silently/audibly kept tabs on this thread. Rewarding based on empty statistic(IE: I could submit dozens of worthless posts to inflate my count)  would only end up making enemies.

Aug 11, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #4,228 of 23,366
Quote:

You owe no apologies and thank you for explaining your forethought.  There is always value in actions made with good intentions. :)

Aug 11, 2012 at 5:37 PM Post #4,229 of 23,366
Don't be surprised if Val doesn't even sell us PPEs in advance in the first place. They need to crank out every unit they possibly can before launch. This is going to end up turning out like a rare toy during Christmas time IMO.

Aug 11, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #4,230 of 23,366
Quote:
IMO, the fairest way to prioritize the Head-fi community is #of posts on the M-100 thread which is admittedly self-serving, but it is a reasonably unbiased way to measure emotional and time investment relating to contributing to M-100 buzz to help you determine and evaluate who might be most deserving of the PPU opportunity.  I will gladly purchase white if there is relatively less demand.

Agreed, Head-Fi is first priority then Japan.  I fly back to USA Monday and then we'll set up pre-ordering on Tuesday + Wednesday so I can count how many Head-Fiers want them and we can begin making the custom shields.

What should I name the secret product that is M-100 on our site.  VTF?  I did that before for white m-80...  Maybe "VTF-100"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back