V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 15, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #3,376 of 23,366
Quote:
Not trying to come at you or anything but wouldn't you need permission from the artist to do that? There is something like that in the rules when making custom shields on the V-moda site. Also, who's the artist?

What I just got required the DIRECT permission from the artist - the most direct you can get without it being blood. That's all I'm gonna say. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 15, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #3,380 of 23,366
Quote:
What do you mean, returned headphones?

They don't sell them as new again - they have a used section on their site.

Yeah, I remember that section.... I just re-visited it and it seems that M-80 and LP2 are not being returned... :p haha
Thanks.
Quote:
I don't mean to sound snobby, but what advantage is it to own a PPU over the final-released product? Usually the final-release product is tweaked a little to make it better, is it not?

It's been asked before... Well, apparently.... one of V-MODA's  moto: "It's done when it's done" applies to the PPUs, too. I'm just using common sense, since Val tries to make that moto very clear.

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #3,383 of 23,366
The only reason I am still in this thread is because of Largemouth Bass.

Jul 15, 2012 at 8:10 AM Post #3,384 of 23,366
Quote:
I don't mean to sound snobby, but what advantage is it to own a PPU over the final-released product? Usually the final-release product is tweaked a little to make it better, is it not?

Well Val has said that the PPU's will be the same quality as the MPU's. Also Val has said that he'll put his signature on something and there might be an extra little treat that comes with them.
Quote:
So has the secret feature been announced or have I missed it? I'm pretty sure everyone forgot about it and I still want to know

I still think the secret feature is the ability to be used as a universal gaming headset or has something to do with Gamestop. If not that then I think it will be the ability to have more than one pair of headphones listening to the same source.
Quote:
The only reason I am still in this thread is because of Largemouth Bass.

Jul 15, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #3,387 of 23,366
Quote:
All headphones are like that..the ps1000s sound better with a cambridge audio 851a and 851c..it's the same with klispch headphones it depends on what you plug them into..shure sound better with cowons..

No not really. You get synergy in combinations, that I believe, but not all headphones are like that. the transparent nature of the AKGs shows off just how good the VAMP is.

Jul 15, 2012 at 3:06 PM Post #3,388 of 23,366
Quote:
Well Val has said that the PPU's will be the same quality as the MPU's. Also Val has said that he'll put his signature on something and there might be an extra little treat that comes with them.

Oh okay, thanks for the information. Usually the final-released product has some changes from the PPU, so that's why I was wondering why so many people wanted to buy a PPU. I guess if V-Moda holds up to that same-quality saying, then it would be worth buying a PPU.

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM Post #3,389 of 23,366
So - I actually forgot now, and I want to ask if anyone remembers; the two colors available for PPU Order are Matte Black and Regular White, right? Too lazy to look through 226 pages to see where he said what colors they'd be.

If Matte Black isn't an option.. I may just wait for the full version - even if it means paying for shields separately. 
frown.gif

Jul 15, 2012 at 6:43 PM Post #3,390 of 23,366
Quote:
So - I actually forgot now, and I want to ask if anyone remembers; the two colors available for PPU Order are Matte Black and Regular White, right? Too lazy to look through 226 pages to see where he said what colors they'd be.

If Matte Black isn't an option.. I may just wait for the full version - even if it means paying for shields separately. 
frown.gif

Quote:
Quantity and Plan:
The plan now is to make 300 White Silver and 300 Shadows to test the product and our assembly line processes.  Due to a part that hasn't arrived for the grey ear cushions, the Shadows are going first. Things do change rapidly as some parts arrive from component factories in other countries. 

Approximately 100 of each color will be sent through destructive testing and it takes about 10 days to get the results.  After we test and sort the remaining 200x2, we'll have "golden" units for Beta testing internally, press, sales and now for sale to the community.  I won't know the yield quantity of what I can sell until after the production and testing.  Sometimes this yield is as low as 10% (usually in-ears), but can be as high as nearly 95% such as Crossfade LP and M-80.

-V   

Users who are viewing this thread

Back