V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #2,281 of 23,366
Quote:
Any chance of putting them crossfaders on miss libertys head i sent you val..just reminding you in case you forgot ..thanks! http://soundcloud.com/masterchief-117/goa-classic-mix Here's a nice bit of music for you all to listen to reading the threads..

is that from MusicMan as in, MusicMan on the forums here? Busy downloading. 

Gonna listen with my AKGs first. If there are flaws... they shall be revealed

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #2,282 of 23,366
Jun 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2,283 of 23,366
Quote:
I'm too lazy to read through this whole thread, but is there a concrete release date? Someone answered July 1, but is thata definite? I'm thinking of getting the Denon 1100's , but if the M-100's are due soon, I'll get those instead.

The D1100s are just okay, not great. The M50s beat them IMO. And I'm pretty sure the M-100 will blow the M50s out of the water. Just my 2 cents.

As for the release date, I believe it will be early to mid July. I believe they will be worth the wait.

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #2,284 of 23,366
Quote:
is that from MusicMan as in, MusicMan on the forums here? Busy downloading. 

Gonna listen with my AKGs first. If there are flaws... they shall be revealed

The music goes with these on their longboards!

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #2,285 of 23,366
Looking at these pics of the M-100, and at my LP2's, it looks like the ear cups are sized/shaped a little differently and/or the space between the ear cup and the "Y-hinge" section that connects the ear cup to the head band is smaller (or maybe the Y-hinge itself is smaller?).  I guess I am asking if the ear cups themselves are physically different in size than the LP2's or if that is merely a difference in design of the headband to make a more secure hold on the cups, since these are collapsible/folding?

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:48 PM Post #2,286 of 23,366
Quote:

Go ahead and say what you want on the sound... Just remember to not post the pic of the surprise feature we are adding... and nobody, including myself, has seen all the FINAL FINAL FINAL color schemes that are very minimalist, military, spy-worthy and fashionable at the same time.  We have to keep SOMETHING secret til launch, afterall ;>.

-V

Your good man, rarely do you see a company that cares about surprising the customers and giving them a treat. I would like to apologize for asking you so many questions on facebook in early January about my LP2's while they were being delivered, I could imagine I became a little annoying. It's just that after waiting over a year to get a pair of LP's I had turned in to an impatient fiend after I had finally ordered them.

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #2,287 of 23,366
Man, I wish the value of used M-80s weren't so low. I think they're going for ~$120 here on the for sale forums. I love my M-80s, but if I get the M-100s, I would have no use for them. A few days after I bought my M-80s, I noticed that the M-100s were announced and now I wish I would've waited.

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:19 PM Post #2,288 of 23,366
Quote:
Man, I wish the value of used M-80s weren't so low. I think they're going for ~$120 here on the for sale forums. I love my M-80s, but if I get the M-100s, I would have no use for them. A few days after I bought my M-80s, I noticed that the M-100s were announced and now I wish I would've waited.

I think you will still find a use for them. I felt the same way after hearing about the M-100. BUT ever since I got the M-80 I found that I was using them so much more due to their smaller form factor, while still remaining very comfortable, that they have become keepers even when I do eventually get the M-100. They're just so easy to slip on and move around with. It's also hard to come by such a small, good-isolating, comfortable supra-aural headphone with such a big sound IMHO. I can't say the same for a lot of other small portables out there. 

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2,290 of 23,366
Quote:
I have a feeling that there might be noise cancelation and for sure the collapsible design .. Just my $.2

Hope not, noise cancelling usually impacts badly on the sound.

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:45 PM Post #2,291 of 23,366
Quote:
I have a feeling that there might be noise cancelation and for sure the collapsible design .. Just my $.2

i hope your being funny, and failing miserably. read some other threads around here before you comment. 

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #2,292 of 23,366
Will the something secret be released with the pre launch sets also?  =)

Quote:

Go ahead and say what you want on the sound... Just remember to not post the pic of the surprise feature we are adding... and nobody, including myself, has seen all the FINAL FINAL FINAL color schemes that are very minimalist, military, spy-worthy and fashionable at the same time.  We have to keep SOMETHING secret til launch, afterall ;>.

-V

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:55 PM Post #2,293 of 23,366
I was simply kidding im quite sure they would never support noise cancelation because of there value of no batteries and good isolation from the bliss pads I'm just hoping for good sq and good colors.

Jun 25, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #2,295 of 23,366
Quote:
As a KRK KNS 8400 owner, and someone who picked up M-80s only 2 months ago, this is what I feel as the M-100s approach soon:

The KRKs are pretty nice though. I preferred them to my M50s when I heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back