V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 25, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #2,314 of 23,366
I think a nice case is really important for future headphones. Cases are critical- especially if you've ever traveled without one. Headphones are hard to pack and carry and a case could definitely sway me as a key feature.

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:47 PM Post #2,316 of 23,366
Quote:
Wow, everyone is really stepping up their game.  This is an exciting time to be a headphone enthusiast.

beerchug.gif

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #2,318 of 23,366

I think the secret new feature could also be the ability to fast forward/rewind and switch songs from the headphones instead of just being able to play/pause and change the volume.

Don't you just double-click the buttons to do that?

http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/custom/

Huh - cool, but I don't think they will be a high-end model, something about 16ohm tells me that we can't expect miracles out of those.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #2,319 of 23,366
I just realized that in that picture Val was in, he was using someone else's M-80 cable or something?  Maybe they didn't want to give away something that's new about the cable, other than that new mic.  Just blind speculation though. :p

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:37 AM Post #2,320 of 23,366
Quote:
Interesting thought on the venting system- maybe it is user adjustable- like shutters that open and close  to increase isolation and bass performance or create openness.

This would be a very cool feature on M100 I think, I know I'm very interested in the Beyerdynamic Custom One's based on this feature alone haha.

I mean think about it, when you are in places where you can't disturb others, say libraries, office etc, it would be nice if you could quickly make it fully closed to improve isolation & leakage and then when it doesn't matter you can open it up for better soundstage/bass response.

Jun 26, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #2,321 of 23,366
the new special feature could be anything....my guess is a cable with better controls or maybe a Android compliant cable remote or maybe even a coupon for a free pair of custom shields?

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #2,322 of 23,366
The secret special feature could either be:

1: An on board AMP switch (turning it on with an AMP would allow pure AMPED M-100 goodness while when off suits just fine with its self). I and I believe a few others suggested this idea as a means to bypass AMP only values by using the NON-AMP system to redirect the power used. In other words it will sound great in some areas, but in others (such as true bass) might lack unAMPED. Its possible, but doubtful.

2. A new cable (either the one Val has hinted to before or something new entirely)

3. A new cable locking mechanism (This was talked about lightly, basically the cable system would lock into place so that the wires would not be pulled out of the headphones so easily if you were a DJ or etc.)

4. Removable ear pads ( Already mentioned, I can see it happening.)

5. An Artificial Intelligence that mimics your own personality, tastes, and irony.

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #2,324 of 23,366
LOL, how about artificial intelligence  that analyzes all of your sound going through the headphones, and dynamically retunes the headphones (to better match your music) while you're listening :p  LMAO :p  JK.

Jun 26, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #2,325 of 23,366
Quote:
The KRKs are pretty nice though. I preferred them to my M50s when I heard them.

The KRKs are certainly very good. For me, though, I bought the M-80s a while after getting the KRKs because the 8400s are quite lacking in bass and overall aren't very fun headphones. The M-80s delivered on those fronts, but then they lack in some of the areas the KRKs excel in like absolute clarity and great comfort. That's why I might sell my KRKs and the M-80s to get the M-100s: realistically I only need 1 pair of headphones, because I don't use the M-80s for portable use like I thought I would. If the M-100s can have the comfort of the KRKs (and I imagine they will; the M-80s are decently comfortable for me, I have just confirmed in owning them that I really am not a supra aural kind of guy) with the fun sound signature of the M-80s, I would love to get them. That way the only thing I would be giving up by selling my 2 phones is the clarity of the KRKs, as there is no chance the M-100s will have the detail of flat monitors. I think that the M-100s will deliver and be a great overall package and so it would be worth giving it up for that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back