V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 12, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #1,726 of 23,366
Taken from V-MODA's Vamp page. Is that the M-100?

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #1,728 of 23,366
Looks like a LP2 to me with the matte black cup and the hinges from other pics should be more noticable than that. AFAIK "Shadow" theme (M80) will probably be the default config for M100 (I hope so too, it looks quite a lot nicer than the LP2 look IMO).

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #1,732 of 23,366
Quote:
A little love for the VAMP:  http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/12/v-moda-vamp-for-the-iphone/

very little :)..... (less than a glowing endorsement), but I saved my Vamp comments for the Vamp thread since I was smacked down the last time I mentioned the Vamp here on the M-100 thread.  I'm focused on the excitement and anticipation for the M-100.

I hope production of the M-100 is still on schedule for an early July release since the Amperior, IMO the M-100's biggest new competitor, comes out 6/16 (confirmed at Apple.com).  I probably won't buy either until I listen to both.  Based on my listening experiences with their current closest models- HD25 and M-80, I have a feeling the M-100 will win out and am rooting for V-Moda to release a headphone that lives up to the passion and exhausting development work Val has invested in and shared with us.

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM Post #1,733 of 23,366
Quote:
very little..... (less than a glowing endorsement), but I saved my Vamp comments for the Vamp thread since I was smacked down the last time I mentioned the Vamp here on the M-100 thread.  I'm focused on the excitement and anticipation for the M-100 which, unlike the Vamp, was developed by Val organically from its inception as opposed to a modified rebrand.

I think the only real fair thing to do is wait until impressions start flowing in and then we can draw our final conclusions from there. Right now I'm more interested in the M-100 then another DAC/amp. I have a Leckerton UHA-4 and a ALO RX MKII so I'm not hurting for good amplification. A good competent full sized can that does bass well to compliment my Grado SR 60's would be welcome though. Besides my Sony XB's my stable of full sized headphones has been pretty limited. Time to change that.

Jun 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #1,734 of 23,366
Quote:
I think the only real fair thing to do is wait until impressions start flowing in and then we can draw our final conclusions from there. Right now I'm more interested in the M-100 then another DAC/amp. I have a Leckerton UHA-4 and a ALO RX MKII so I'm not hurting for good amplification. A good competent full sized can that does bass well to compliment my Grado SR 60's would be welcome though. Besides my Sony XB's my stable of full sized headphones has been pretty limited. Time to change that.

Two other full size cans that do bass well in very different price ranges with appropriate sonic differences based on cost that also provide a balanced sound- M-Audio Q40 ($120); Ultrasone Signature Pro ($850).  The M-100 should nestle nicely in between.

P.S. Just sent my 100th post!

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #1,735 of 23,366

P.S.  I'm sure the M-100 forum would love an update regarding their launch.

HOT OFF THE PRESS UPDATE FROM VAL (Val was kind enough to respond to this question about the M-100 along with some Vamp questions on that forum):

2) We are pushing hard on M-100 and I am flying straight from Seattle meetings to our factories this week to have concrete info.  We are working hard on this, we may be slightly behind but we're trying to catch up. I'll have been on the road for WAYYYYYY too long, but it'll be worth it for everybody I hope!

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:45 AM Post #1,736 of 23,366
You guys are REALLY excited for the m-100.

Only a 3 week complete hiatus from headfi, and I find more than 300 posts on this thread in my subscriptions.

I see people that practically memorized this thread, being able to remember what page Val said something. I see people who constantly posts facebook/twitter updates, and then theres people that cant even sleep because of this headphone!

Thats pretty intense. Hardcore. I plan on buying the m100 too, but dang, everybodies excitement seems to be much higher than mine. :/

Jun 13, 2012 at 5:15 AM Post #1,738 of 23,366
Quote:

HOT OFF THE PRESS UPDATE FROM VAL (Val was kind enough to respond to this question about the M-100 along with some Vamp questions on that forum):

2) We are pushing hard on M-100 and I am flying straight from Seattle meetings to our factories this week to have concrete info.  We are working hard on this, we may be slightly behind but we're trying to catch up. I'll have been on the road for WAYYYYYY too long, but it'll be worth it for everybody I hope!

He implied there were delays, did he give any idea of if the release had been pushed back from July 4th?

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:32 AM Post #1,739 of 23,366
I just got my M-80, and boy, they sound pretty damn good. Apart from the bass, it puts the LP2 to shame in almost every department. It's just all initial impressions, but I'm loving it so far. If the M-100 is going to be a full-sized version of the M-80s, I'm really sold.

Besides, the V-MODAs are just too sexy. 
biggrin.gif

Jun 13, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #1,740 of 23,366
Quote:
He implied there were delays, did he give any idea of if the release had been pushed back from July 4th?

You have all the info I have.  I could attempt to read between the lines.  However, as Val was kind enough to reply to my post, I don't think it would be fair for me to speculate.  If a  slight delay is a price that needs to be paid for quality control and consistency, I would be okay with that, even as badly as I would like the smooth sound and cushy circumaural cups of an M-100 wrapped around my ears.  (Yes, I need to get a life!)

It sounds like we will know more after the whirlwind media blitz surrounding the Vamp launch settles down.  I can't imagine the multitasking juggling act Val has to pull off right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back