V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 25, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #737 of 23,366

Quote:
Something physical, because a couple months ago Val told us he might show us a picture of the case so we could try to guess at (at least one of) the new feature(s). You gotta watch what you say around here--I take these posts like gospel and commit them to memory!!
So my guess: flat-folding ear cups and/or collapsible headband, done in a brilliant V-MODA way that still achieves mil-spec.
Or: invisibility cloak included with each set of cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Any bonus points for correct guesses, Val?

that sounds good and probably the most accurate guess.

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #738 of 23,366

Quote:
instakill button, instantly destroys all beats within a 100m radius

Quote:
Active noise-cancelling.

No, not that kind. The kind that shuts up anyone and everyone who makes a comment along the lines of, "You spent $300 on HEADPHONES?!"
Instead the comments will go more like this: "Wow. Those look like some amazing headphones. Can I listen?" Followed by, "You ONLY spent $300 on these headphones?!"

Haha, nice!

Quote:
Something physical, because a couple months ago Val told us he might show us a picture of the case so we could try to guess at (at least one of) the new feature(s). You gotta watch what you say around here--I take these posts like gospel and commit them to memory!!
So my guess: flat-folding ear cups and/or collapsible headband, done in a brilliant V-MODA way that still achieves mil-spec.
Or: invisibility cloak included with each set of cans
smily_headphones1.gif

Any bonus points for correct guesses, Val?

Good catch dude, I certainly hope it is something physical.

Mar 25, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #739 of 23,366

Quote:
I know I've posted this before, but is this part going to be strengthened in the M-100?

Its chipped on both sides and cracked down the middle. Also, is this covered under the warranty?

Val said that problem has already been fixed, he said it was a problem with some earlier production runs where they tightened the screws too much...from what I understand they don't have that problem anymore.

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #740 of 23,366
Its amazing, 50 pages in this thread we have here!

Think about it, I honestly imaged by the point we reached this many pages the M-100 would have been long since out and reviews would be filling up every page. Hell we are even catching up on the M-80 thread in pages!

I am starting to wonder if perhaps we should have a separate thread for actual reviews, since this thread genuinely became a speculation/discussion/feedback thread.

Truly amazing!

Mar 26, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #741 of 23,366
So is there actually a delay until may? It scuppers quite a few of my plans...

Mar 26, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #743 of 23,366

Quote:
Do you know if the warranty covers that?

If you bought them recently they should be covered (idk how the international warranty works) and I'm not sure off the top of my head how long the warranty lasts so I would recommend emailing V-MODA's support or calling.
Seeing as the issue was fixed a few years ago either you've had them for a while or if you bought them recently they are older stock that hasn't sold (and was still technically new) until you bought them. 

Mar 26, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #744 of 23,366

Quote:
If you bought them recently they should be covered (idk how the international warranty works) and I'm not sure off the top of my head how long the warranty lasts so I would recommend emailing V-MODA's support or calling.
Seeing as the issue was fixed a few years ago either you've had them for a while or if you bought them recently they are older stock that hasn't sold (and was still technically new) until you bought them. 

x2! Their customer service has always been very helpful in my experience.

Mar 26, 2012 at 4:09 PM Post #745 of 23,366

Quote:

Don't forget "NO FUGAZI", be VERY careful where you buy V-MODA from, we are one of the most copied brands along with Beats and Sennheiser... google "FAKE BEATS" and go to ANY replica site, the "Beats V-MODA Crossfade LP" is listed right under the Beats Pro Detox, like this http://www.fakebeatsbydreoutletsales.com/

More and more V-MODA Remix, Vibes and Crossfades are hitting the streets and we try to stop it, but the best way is to buy from authorized resellers only.  If online in USA, trust V-MODA.com and Amazon direct (no 3rd parties).  I am working on videos to show the differences in real/fakes.

Mar 26, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #746 of 23,366

Quote:

Don't forget "NO FUGAZI", be VERY careful where you buy V-MODA from, we are one of the most copied brands along with Beats and Sennheiser... google "FAKE BEATS" and go to ANY replica site, the "Beats V-MODA Crossfade LP" is listed right under the Beats Pro Detox, like this http://www.fakebeatsbydreoutletsales.com/

More and more V-MODA Remix, Vibes and Crossfades are hitting the streets and we try to stop it, but the best way is to buy from authorized resellers only.  If online in USA, trust V-MODA.com and Amazon direct (no 3rd parties).  I am working on videos to show the differences in real/fakes.

Wow, can't believe they called it the Beats by Dre V-MODA. That's an oxymoron!

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #747 of 23,366
Quote:

I hope to God it's something physical that allows us to defeat wind noise as it blasts through the v-ports in the housings. Extreme susceptibility to wind noise is, IMO, the Achilles' heel of the otherwise perfectly portable M80s.

Mar 26, 2012 at 8:51 PM Post #748 of 23,366
Val have you ever considered doing a Reddit AMA?  I don't know if you use the site, but I think it might be pretty cool for those of us who are fans of V-moda.  If you were going to though you should wait until you are able to share more about the new headphones.  Maybe do one coinciding with the release date? Idk

Mar 26, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #750 of 23,366

Quote:
Val have you ever considered doing a Reddit AMA?  I don't know if you use the site, but I think it might be pretty cool for those of us who are fans of V-moda.  If you were going to though you should wait until you are able to share more about the new headphones.  Maybe do one coinciding with the release date? Idk

I can think of a couple boards that might be a little more receptive to a shout out, since they've had such big names like Andrew W.K. and Deadmau5 stop in for brief visits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back