V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 11, 2012 at 6:35 AM Post #572 of 23,366
Hmm...this sounds quite exciting. Maybe I should give another try for V-Moda. My last M-80 order was cancelled and refunded for some weird reasons. After 3 weeks my refund hasn't appeared on my credit statement yet, and this experience has discouraged me from the purchase of M-80. However, reading this thread keeps my interest about V-Moda and M-100. Maybe this time I will be able to grab some wonderful headphones from V-Moda.

Mar 11, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #573 of 23,366
Totally excited for these new cans! Only just found out about V-Moda a few months back and been following this thread since then as I was going to go for the LP2's but then heard about the M-100's and they sound amazing!

Can't wait

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:59 AM Post #574 of 23,366
Yeah, looking forward to them here as well.  I've had nothing but good listening experiences with the V-MODA products I own (Bass Freq earbuds and the original LP's) as far as SQ goes, and from what Val has stated thus far, the 100's will be improved over everything since the company's inception (which is the definition of progress).

I'm a part of that rare camp who has Big-Assed Vampire Ears, so I wish the cups and/or padding on the LP's were a bit deeper, but I'm spoiled by my Q701's in that respect and you lose a bit of the portability factor when you go that large.  Still, I hope that my suggestions as far as padding were heard, which will go far in terms of long-wearing comfort in the new M-100's.  I guess time will tell, and that time is getting closer by the minute!

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:13 AM Post #575 of 23,366
Val, I know you'll do us right...but even if you can't do anything for us thanks for being on here.  It gives us a feel of inclusion.

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:52 AM Post #576 of 23,366

Quote:
Is this perhaps a hint to this yet unannounced feature? :p

I'm thinking yes, god knows what it could be, all of my gaming headsets have a built in sound card in the cable, they are about the size of a lot of portable amps like the fio's etc so could something like this viable be put in the cabling for the m-100? who knows i'm probably a million miles away but if they are using the 50mm drivers etc and was struggling to get them to sound good and remain portable maybe something like this has been implemented? Conspiracy 
atsmile.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #579 of 23,366

Quote:
I'm thinking yes, god knows what it could be, all of my gaming headsets have a built in sound card in the cable, they are about the size of a lot of portable amps like the fio's etc so could something like this viable be put in the cabling for the m-100? who knows i'm probably a million miles away but if they are using the 50mm drivers etc and was struggling to get them to sound good and remain portable maybe something like this has been implemented? Conspiracy 
atsmile.gif

could also be a headset mic for gaming rather than using the inline...!

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:19 PM Post #582 of 23,366

Quote:
How does rock/alternative sound on the M-100's Val? Some songs just sound... no other way to say it but bad on my Crossfade's, even with flac.

Crossfade LPs, LP-2s or M-80's?

The Crossfade LP are pretty bad imo. The LP-2, while not my style, are supposed to be pretty good at what it's supposed to do. The M-80's are great for rock/alternative though.

Mar 11, 2012 at 1:47 PM Post #583 of 23,366

Quote:
Crossfade LPs, LP-2s or M-80's?

The Crossfade LP are pretty bad imo. The LP-2, while not my style, are supposed to be pretty good at what it's supposed to do. The M-80's are great for rock/alternative though.

I love my LP's!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 11, 2012 at 3:11 PM Post #584 of 23,366

Quote:
atsmile.gif

I Thought of this awhile back, it would be awesome if that is the case. However it could also be the "Super Mic" that has been mentioned about awhile back too.

Hell for all we know the new AMP might be a cable with the built in AMP and the M-100's will just have them mandatory in the packaging? I am being waaay too hopeful though. All I know is that no matter what Val has our backs and I have complete trust that whatever he has in store will blow us away!

Mar 11, 2012 at 4:26 PM Post #585 of 23,366

Quote:

I Thought of this awhile back, it would be awesome if that is the case. However it could also be the "Super Mic" that has been mentioned about awhile back too.

Hell for all we know the new AMP might be a cable with the built in AMP and the M-100's will just have them mandatory in the packaging? I am being waaay too hopeful though. All I know is that no matter what Val has our backs and I have complete trust that whatever he has in store will blow us away!

Indeed I think it is some pretty wishful thinking on my part and yours and the "Super Mic" would make much more sense, i'm going to buy an amp anyway and I was going to use this headset for pretty much everything as they are seemingly amazing in lots of different ways making them great for multi-purpose for audio lovers

If it is the mic i'd be equally exited as I will be using this for a lot of online games on my desktop that combined with Val's talk about trying to create a great soundstage (great for pinpointing gunfire etc in games) exites me, I mean I cant think of many headsets i'd happily walk around the street wearing but then also go home and use them on my desktop and TV - the combination of style and performance is amazing on V-Modas part.

And if neither of these are the feature im still exited as i'm sure it will be an amazing suprise!! Gah, I'm just too freakin' exited, it's going to take me forever to save for these but I honestly cant wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back