V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 2, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #481 of 23,366
Val, any word on colour schemes at launch?

Some sub-questions which I'm sure will be answered in due time anyway:

- Will there be any sort of pre-order? I'd love to get my M-100 on the first day and not have to wait with envy, refreshing this page. Living in the UK (occasionally) has its drawbacks with this sort of stuff.

-Will the typical 2 year warranty, 60 day test drive etc. be covered? 

-I've heard the headphones can get delivered with a care package of two FHM models, can you confirm or deny these rumours?

Mar 2, 2012 at 7:01 AM Post #482 of 23,366
Quote:
-I've heard the headphones can get delivered with a care package of two FHM models, can you confirm or deny these rumours?

if so i want Andene Thompson, I went to primary school with her lol, let me just say she grew up nicely. rawr

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #483 of 23,366
Got the M80s, just ordered the Vibrato.... anticipation mounting for the M100!!

I would like to pre-order mine as well!!!
Quote:
Val, any word on colour schemes at launch?

Some sub-questions which I'm sure will be answered in due time anyway:

- Will there be any sort of pre-order? I'd love to get my M-100 on the first day and not have to wait with envy refreshing this page. Living in the UK (occasionally) has its drawbacks with this sort of stuff.

-Will the typical 2 year warranty, 60 day test drive etc. be covered? 

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #484 of 23,366

Quote:
Val probably won't be able to hold your hand and make sure you don't drop your headphones, but he probably will tell you that what you experienced was the V-MODA "ejection mechanism," which ensures your Crossfade LPs didn't completely beak upon impact. Here's a quote from Val on Amazon regarding someone's post in which they described a similar occurrence:

"You are one of the first to see our "ejection mechanism" quality engineered in the earcups, it allows the product to pass the MIL SPECS. 

here is how it works: When the earcup hinge force passes ~5kg force on a drop or twist, the ear cup will "eject" like a parachute vs crack the hinge and dampen the fall vs break on other headphone designs. You can easily snap it back in. 

This took us a VERY LONG time to develop, and we think its a pretty cool FEATURE, in fact.

Cheers and glad you are enjoying it, I'm happy for someone to experience what we designed in case of mishaps to keep them running for a long long time." 

This sounds like what happened to your white LPs. Not a mistake then, but a marvel of modern engineering. You'd better pray it does happen again rather than breaking the metal arms :)

Well kudos to Val, that's a brilliant idea.

I honestly don't even know how I did it, I was just putting them on when it was dark so I couldn't really see it, and the earcup just dropped and I thought I had totaled them.

Mar 2, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #486 of 23,366
Yeah I saw the discussion of it earlier in the thread, but I had no idea what they were talking about. I always thought there was a problem with the connection where the prongs are and them not being very tight on the cups, but I never connected the two ideas.

Mar 2, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #487 of 23,366
Hi everyone!:) To start off, I've just read ALLLLLLL 33 pages of this forum page, so I'm not going to ask a question that's been answered before like a lot of the others! Haha

My question I have on the M-100's that still stand are the following:
- Since they resemble the Crossfades (over ear, larger size, plates) this DOES mean that the plates will be costomizable., correct?? But if they are wood, carbon fiber like the rumors (yes. Rumors) say, then will they still be able to be engraved?? REALLY looking forward to that!

- The crossfade lp 2 had very conservative branding of V-MODA. While this (as said by Val) will allow you to "promote YOURSELF", I want as much V-moda branding as possible on the M100's I'm PROUD to be a repeated costumer of V-moda, and I want to show that!:D V-Moda truly deserves it

- If the branding IS going to be conservative, then will there ever be the option of allowing the personalization of the HEADBAND? As in, embroidering what we want. For an additional price... that is. I see it's possible to do with the versions that are given to FAMOUS dj's.... maybe WE do that too?:frowning2: I wanna feel like a dj! Haha!

- Not to be lame.... but will there be an official date for the release of the official date? As in WHEN will we learn the date these are supposed to be released to us??:)

- lastly, we always know VAL for being the face of V-moda... but what about everybody else?:D I'd love to give recognition to everybody behind (possible BESIDE) Val on their hardwork, and acconplishments!! ^______^

Mar 3, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #488 of 23,366
I'm asking here, because Val seems to be the only guy involved in headphone driver design that talks at all on the internet.

Are copper or aluminum "demodulation rings"/"demodulating rings"/"faraday rings" or copper caps part of available headphone dynamic driver designs? Every tweeter or woofer worth its salt these days has demodulation rings. (They help with inter-modulation distortion by minimizing inductance modulation over the driver's excursion range.) However, the currents and excursions in a dynamic headphone driver are very low compared to a tweeter or a woofer, and it is quite possible that this feature of most speaker drivers is considered overkill or unnecessary for a dynamic headphone driver. 

I'm very curious: are demodulation rings or caps ever even considered in the design of a dynamic driver, such as in the M-100?

Mar 3, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #489 of 23,366

Quote:
Hi everyone!:) To start off, I've just read ALLLLLLL 33 pages of this forum page, so I'm not going to ask a question that's been answered before like a lot of the others! Haha
- Since they resemble the Crossfades (over ear, larger size, plates) this DOES mean that the plates will be costomizable., correct?? But if they are wood, carbon fiber like the rumors (yes. Rumors) say, then will they still be able to be engraved?? REALLY looking forward to that!
- The crossfade lp 2 had very conservative branding of V-MODA. While this (as said by Val) will allow you to "promote YOURSELF", I want as much V-moda branding as possible on the M100's I'm PROUD to be a repeated costumer of V-moda, and I want to show that!
biggrin.gif
V-Moda truly deserves it
- If the branding IS going to be conservative, then will there ever be the option of allowing the personalization of the HEADBAND? As in, embroidering what we want. For an additional price... that is. I see it's possible to do with the versions that are given to FAMOUS dj's.... maybe WE do that too?
frown.gif
I wanna feel like a dj! Haha!
- Not to be lame.... but will there be an official date for the release of the official date? As in WHEN will we learn the date these are supposed to be released to us??:)
- lastly, we always know VAL for being the face of V-moda... but what about everybody else?
biggrin.gif
I'd love to give recognition to everybody behind (possible BESIDE) Val on their hardwork, and acconplishments!! ^______^

I thought the wood plates were rumored for this new revolver that we have yet to learn about?

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:40 AM Post #491 of 23,366
been jet/travel-lagged from city hopping in Asia for the Beijing China launch and mire, I'll catch up Tuesday when I get more intel!!!  our WHOLE team has been hard at work, its a crucial few weeks for us!

Mar 5, 2012 at 2:26 AM Post #492 of 23,366
Just saw your pic at the Great Wall of China on Facebook XD

Quote:
been jet/travel-lagged from city hopping in Asia for the Beijing China launch and mire, I'll catch up Tuesday when I get more intel!!!  our WHOLE team has been hard at work, its a crucial few weeks for us!

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #493 of 23,366

Quote:
- The crossfade lp 2 had very conservative branding of V-MODA. While this (as said by Val) will allow you to "promote YOURSELF", I want as much V-moda branding as possible on the M100's I'm PROUD to be a repeated costumer of V-moda, and I want to show that!
biggrin.gif
V-Moda truly deserves it
- If the branding IS going to be conservative, then will there ever be the option of allowing the personalization of the HEADBAND? As in, embroidering what we want. For an additional price... that is. I see it's possible to do with the versions that are given to FAMOUS dj's.... maybe WE do that too?
frown.gif
I wanna feel like a dj! Haha!
- lastly, we always know VAL for being the face of V-moda... but what about everybody else?
biggrin.gif
I'd love to give recognition to everybody behind (possible BESIDE) Val on their hardwork, and acconplishments!! ^______^

1) yes customizable, always and forever! 
2) LP2 is anti-branding, but M-100 will have some basic branding like the M-80 has at first, down the road we'll offer both "incognito" and semi-branded, but always leave space for you to shine or customize too (or add our logo to the side if you want)
3) headband - working on it down the road, but its not as easy as it may seem with the extreme curve
4) it's done, when its done!  unfortunately but fortunately our dates revolves around perfection, there ain't no "software patch" for hardware!
5) I'll get some pics of the whole team in the coming months, I have some from Beijing Launch party I'll share soon on V-MODA Facebook

Mar 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #495 of 23,366
Val does your website deliver to Singapore?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back