V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM Post #406 of 23,366

Quote:
Wow, never knew that, I am surprised.  I'll reverse the hand next time, for VICTORY and PEACE!

Grazie... it really was special!  

I've spent the last few days in a massive flashback considering the thousands of feedback variables from people I've talked to (ranging from famous producers, kids, teens, biz travellers, audiophiles, buyers, etc) and comments over the years from all media, forums, Amazon, Apple employees...  this one was my hardest as I now have so many different target groups to consider.  
Now it is onward to the next!

Sweet, I wish I were turning 19 too! "What me discount?", well in consideration of the people who helped me with vital feedback on these projects I'll think of something special.   

"when it's done", its been 8 years already, I definitely don't want to rush this project! but I can't let it Duke Nukem Forever either, so it definitely launches this year.  let me start a thread on it when I get some time in a few weeks, ok?  I'll intro it with the vision, goals and why it's been such a hard endeavor and the lessons learned that went into other projects.

as always, excuse any grammar errors as I sometimes type faster than my brain as I have lots of things to work on, but I love forums!

...all good things Val, I'm sure it'll be awesome.  I'll be purchasing both regardless.  You're team is great as well, I emailed them requesting stickers so I could properly rep on my MacBook Pro and other places.  They came in no time!

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #407 of 23,366

Quote:

I want some final ones too, I'm dying for the final version yet I'm listening to them now (the final has more secret features I haven't publicized).  My bday is April 8!

HERE IS A PIC CELEBRATING LOCKING OF THE SOUND CURVE BASED ON THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE'S VOICES GOING THROUGH MY HEAD AND EARS, HUGE THANKS TO EVERYONE.

YES I'M SPORTING A GREEN AQUAMAN SHIRT...  

My birthday is on Apr 7th!
Anyway I've been using the M-80 and so far it's been great. Even my wife loves it and that's a rarity cos she usually dislikes headphones.
If the M-100 turns out to be an improvement then I'll have to get it again.
Any loyalty discount? :p

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #409 of 23,366

Quote:
If they start giving out discounts to everyone and their mother--who, by the way, is so fat that she whistles in sub-bass--they won't make any money at all!

Whooooooooooooooaaaaaaa with the "yo momma" jokes! Geez.

But seriously. I didn't join this community to get discounts (well, not totally=). I joined because you all are the authority on all things headphoneus fidelius, and I wanted to tap your knowledge in order to get the very best my limited yet choosy money could buy. So far that's led me to V-MODA's awesome M-80. Now, as the saying goes, "sorry about your wallet," I back here waiting with bated breath for the M-100, for which--if it is as nice as the M-80 in a circumaural design--I will gladly shell out another $300. 

Feb 27, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #410 of 23,366

Quote:
If they start giving out discounts to everyone and their mother they won't make any money at all!

Relax pal...The last thing I want is for them is not to make any money.
Companies that push out good products worth their price deserves the payback.

Rather, I'm referring to the really good promotions the VMODA did such as the Feb V day (which I ordered) or the one with the improved shipping. It's things like this that make us feel they are a company that are consumer oriented and not out just for the $$.

I bought all my headphones based on this forum but M-80 was the only one I got without any demos in store and purely based on the review thread. I live in the Far East and it's not easy for us with regards to things like

1) Return policy - Not cheap to ship things to the US for warranty purposes. And some warranties/return policy may not apply to international customers.
2) Price - Things are usually more expensive here eg: Shure Se215 costs USD92 on amazon but USD158 here.
3) Lack of range - Not that many shops stock a good range of headphones etc. Eg VMODA is not even sold here.

Conclusion: So any good deals we can get are very welcome. And my wallet will love it too :p

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #411 of 23,366

Quote:
Relax pal...The last thing I want is for them is not to make any money.
Companies that push out good products worth their price deserves the payback.

Rather, I'm referring to the really good promotions the VMODA did such as the Feb V day (which I ordered) or the one with the improved shipping. It's things like this that make us feel they are a company that are consumer oriented and not out just for the $$.

I bought all my headphones based on this forum but M-80 was the only one I got without any demos in store and purely based on the review thread. I live in the Far East and it's not easy for us with regards to things like

1) Return policy - Not cheap to ship things to the US for warranty purposes. And some warranties/return policy may not apply to international customers.
2) Price - Things are usually more expensive here eg: Shure Se215 costs USD92 on amazon but USD158 here.
3) Lack of range - Not that many shops stock a good range of headphones etc. Eg VMODA is not even sold here.

Conclusion: So any good deals we can get are very welcome. And my wallet will love it too :p

I second that. The only headphones I can get locally are Dr.Dre's, Bose and some low-end Sennheisers..... need i say more?

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:27 PM Post #412 of 23,366

Quote:
I second that. The only headphones I can get locally are Dr.Dre's, Bose and some low-end Sennheisers..... need i say more?

It's the same here in Jersey as well.  My only experience with seeing V-Moda's in action was when I was at an Japanese pop-culture convention. Saw (and I should also say HEARD) someone using the LP's when in my hotel. I was amazed with the build quality as well as how loud they were considering how packed the hotel floor was. One thing lead me to another and now here I am awaiting the M-100's.

As for discounting, I am sure Val has an idea or two to please the eagerly awaiting and feedback users on this forum. Either way I am getting these with or without a discount.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:42 PM Post #413 of 23,366
Re: Canada, SIngapore and NYC/Jersey local stores.  

Funny, just yesterday we were discussing these exact markets. We had to scale back distribution due to all the "grey market goods" ending up on Amazon/eBay at discounted prices.  Also, inventory constraints.  We have a new plan to combat this, and now are rolling out country by country!

France, Japan, Hong Kong, China, UK and Germany (a few days ago) were first... Singapore, Canada and NYC/NJ are coming up in our next round!  

Feb 28, 2012 at 1:05 AM Post #414 of 23,366

Quote:
Re: Canada, SIngapore and NYC/Jersey local stores.  

Funny, just yesterday we were discussing these exact markets. We had to scale back distribution due to all the "grey market goods" ending up on Amazon/eBay at discounted prices.  Also, inventory constraints.  We have a new plan to combat this, and now are rolling out country by country!

France, Japan, Hong Kong, China, UK and Germany (a few days ago) were first... Singapore, Canada and NYC/NJ are coming up in our next round!  

That's great to hear!

Until then, When I get my hands on the M-100's I will be sure to show mine off whenever I can. Its how I found out about V-moda, and I am sure it will catch many eyes when I bring them along to the next convention!

Feb 28, 2012 at 4:58 AM Post #417 of 23,366

Quote:
If they start giving out discounts to everyone and their mother they won't make any money at all!

QFT!

and the Duke Nukem Forever reference? All DJs are nerds at heart haha.

Feb 28, 2012 at 5:20 AM Post #418 of 23,366
Nice to know about that Val. Hope to have it in place when the new headphones are launched.

I think you and me will be the first to get hands on the m-100 in Singapore:)

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:19 AM Post #419 of 23,366
Quote:

My birthday is on Apr 7th!
Anyway I've been using the M-80 and so far it's been great. Even my wife loves it and that's a rarity cos she usually dislikes headphones.
If the M-100 turns out to be an improvement then I'll have to get it again.
Any loyalty discount? :p

April 7th here as well^^

Anyways, today I saw a guy with the LPs (not LP2, just regular LP). I said nice headphones and we exchanged for a bit with my M80s, and I didn't think they were bad, but man, V-MODA really have evolved from their first headphone line! I was quite amazed at the difference between the LPs and M80s, which got me even more excited for the difference between the M80s and M100s^^

Feb 28, 2012 at 7:26 AM Post #420 of 23,366
Hey guys, I'm new to this thread and I would like to ask a few questions about this upcoming M-100. I'd appreciate any answers. :)

1. Is it an on-ear headphone (like the M-80), or over-ear (like the LP series)?

2. How about its approximate size/weight? Will it be a small, light headphone like the M-80 that you can listen to in the streets outdoors as a portable headphone?

3. Estimated price upon release?

4. Estimated release date? Would it be release before the end of March, at least?

5. Does this have customizable ear shields too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back