V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 8, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #23,251 of 23,366
Not that these need amping but just tested it out amped and it definitely makes a difference, quite impressed by them and I own a few pairs between £1000 - £2000. These are a great sounding pair of fun headphones, tempted to buy another set to play around with the drivers and damping seen what I can get out of them.

Jun 14, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #23,252 of 23,366
The m100's are being sold new on europeans amazons for around 80/100 euros.

Do you guys think they are still worth it?

Am i mistaken or the m100 is still the best sounding headphone made by v moda?

Also, in terms of durability would you guys recomend getting the matte blacks or the shadows?

The material used on the headbands seems to be different and the matte m100 from what i have been reading start to peel off even withou much use.... is the shadows headband better?

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:30 PM Post #23,253 of 23,366
Jul 9, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #23,255 of 23,366
Jul 10, 2019 at 11:23 PM Post #23,257 of 23,366
Master on left, original on right. They certainly have different specs, I'm interested in the more finer details which of course the website doesn't provide. ss.PNG

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #23,258 of 23,366
I should have picked up on this problem if I tried listening on the phones when I bought it. I gave it to my wife and she did not notice that the phones were unbalanced. Now that
I have notice this and sent it to V moda from New Zealand, they said it is past warranty . Tough luck..
Cheers

Jul 11, 2019 at 10:27 AM Post #23,259 of 23,366
I just made a lengthy post on the thread for the new model of M-100s at this link.

I primarily have a huge question about the how the X-max (i.e. maximum excursion capability) of the drivers on the new M-100...compares to the drivers on the old M-100.

Check it out, and if you have any information about this, let me know. :writing_hand:

Jul 25, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #23,260 of 23,366
Looks like V-Moda has already ceased production of the original M-100. :disappointed_relieved: I made a big post about it at this link on the topic thread for the new M-100 model.

Jul 31, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #23,261 of 23,366
LONG LIVE THE ORIGINAL M-100! LONG LIVE THE ORIGINAL M-100!

Well, everyone, it's official: I've already made up my final decision to reject the new M-100 Master, and stick with the original M-100 for many more years...or even longer.

Upon seeing the current inventory of original M-100s at the reputable Chinese shopping site Tmall dwindling for the moment, and upon reading this AWESOME review of the new M-100 Master on Amazon :laughing: :joy: :yum: , I went ahead and ordered two additional pair of original M-100s from Tmall!

This vendor is located in Guangzhou, and I bought their last pair of White Silver and their second-to-last pair of Shadow Black that they currently have in stock. I'm sure they'll restock eventually, but I wanted to get a good deal on these in China where I live. The price is 2,080 RMB (about $300 USD) per unit, and includes a one-year warranty.

(By contrast, the other reputable online Chinese vendor at JingDong sells them for a more-expensive 2,620 RMB (about $380 USD), only includes a six-month warranty, and doesn't even keep them in stock. After a customer places an order, this vendor has to order the product from the U.S., must wait to receive it at their office in China once it goes through customs, and then forwards it on to the customer in China.)

At this current moment I've got the old Matte Black pair that I first bought 4 1/2 years ago (i.e., keeping it as a "spare tire" in case another pair gets blown), plus the Shadow Black and White Silver pairs I've had since 2017. I tend to blow one of the drivers in a pair about once every two years on average, due to the powerful sub-bass of my EQ-preset app and portable system. So once I receive these two extra pairs by express delivery in the next several days, I'll start using the new pairs in my dual-listening setup right away, and will keep three spare tires on hand! :blush:

And..........um...........Yay! I won't have to redo my EQ presets after all! Yay!

Anyway, this is a long-running topic thread, and I'm happy to do my little part to keep it goin' as it deserves to.

Aug 1, 2019 at 4:32 AM Post #23,263 of 23,366

Well, everyone, it's official: I've already made up my final decision to reject the new M-100 Master, and stick with the original M-100 for many more years...or even longer.

Upon seeing the current inventory of original M-100s at the reputable Chinese shopping site Tmall dwindling for the moment, and upon reading this AWESOME review of the new M-100 Master on Amazon :laughing: :joy: :yum: , I went ahead and ordered two additional pair of original M-100s from Tmall!

This vendor is located in Guangzhou, and I bought their last pair of White Silver and their second-to-last pair of Shadow Black that they currently have in stock. I'm sure they'll restock eventually, but I wanted to get a good deal on these in China where I live. The price is 2,080 RMB (about $300 USD) per unit, and includes a one-year warranty.

(By contrast, the other reputable online Chinese vendor at JingDong sells them for a more-expensive 2,620 RMB (about $380 USD), only includes a six-month warranty, and doesn't even keep them in stock. After a customer places an order, this vendor has to order the product from the U.S., must wait to receive it at their office in China once it goes through customs, and then forwards it on to the customer in China.)

At this current moment I've got the old Matte Black pair that I first bought 4 1/2 years ago (i.e., keeping it as a "spare tire" in case another pair gets blown), plus the Shadow Black and White Silver pairs I've had since 2017. I tend to blow one of the drivers in a pair about once every two years on average, due to the powerful sub-bass of my EQ-preset app and portable system. So once I receive these two extra pairs by express delivery in the next several days, I'll start using the new pairs in my dual-listening setup right away, and will keep three spare tires on hand! :blush:

And..........um...........Yay! I won't have to redo my EQ presets after all! Yay!

Anyway, this is a long-running topic thread, and I'm happy to do my little part to keep it goin' as it deserves to.

Haha, yes!
Long live the king of V-Modas!
Their best can to date (for the target market of most of their fanbase) for us bassheads!
I will probably get another one sometime later on this year as I can't justify it right at this moment, but they've never let me down bass wise.

Also to the person who was experiencing channel imbalance earlier in the thread, reseat your cups, this also happened to me when I first installed the XL pads on my 100s and after I dropped my Neros a few times.

Aug 1, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #23,264 of 23,366
Haha, yes!
Long live the king of V-Modas!
Their best can to date (for the target market of most of their fanbase) for us bassheads!
I will probably get another one sometime later on this year

:thumbsup:

Amen, bro!

The V-Moda vendor on Tmall was communicating with me awhile ago, and said that for some reason they don't have any of the White Silvers in stock, and aren't sure when they'll receive additional ones. So it looks like I'll be receiving the Shadow Black and Matte Black ones.

Oh well...no big deal. (I know that after sometime, the leather covering on the Matte Black headband starts to peel, but that's just how it is.)

Anyway, would anyone care to speculate as to why V-Moda no longer chooses to exhibit at any CanJams or headphone conferences?

Maybe it's because now that Roland fully owns V-Moda (since early 2019), Roland doesn't want their V-Moda company to show off the "old V-Moda sound" at events? Maybe Roland first wants to redesign a lot more V-Moda products with the "Roland sound," until they allow V-Moda to exhibit at conferences again? That way, V-Moda would then have plenty of "Roland-sound" products to show off there?

That's just my guess. Any thoughts...anyone?

Aug 1, 2019 at 6:40 AM Post #23,265 of 23,366
:thumbsup:

Amen, bro!

The V-Moda vendor on Tmall was communicating with me awhile ago, and said that for some reason they don't have any of the White Silvers in stock, and aren't sure when they'll receive additional ones. So it looks like I'll be receiving the Shadow Black and Matte Black ones.

Oh well...no big deal. (I know that after sometime, the leather covering on the Matte Black headband starts to peel, but that's just how it is.)

Anyway, would anyone care to speculate as to why V-Moda no longer chooses to exhibit at any CanJams or headphone conferences?

Maybe it's because now that Roland fully owns V-Moda (since early 2019), Roland doesn't want their V-Moda company to show off the "old V-Moda sound" at events? Maybe Roland first wants to redesign a lot more V-Moda products with the "Roland sound," until they allow V-Moda to exhibit at conferences again? That way, V-Moda would then have plenty of "Roland-sound" products to show off there?

That's just my guess. Any thoughts...anyone?

Probably because it's expensive af and possibly because of a change in management who don't even know the event or its value.

There was no Fostex or Klipsch booths this year which was extremely disappointing - to be fair, there weren't any last year, but at least their headphones and amps were dotted around the venue.

Gotta have decent reps to go to each location too, but honestly, I think it's mainly the points I made at the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back