V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 18, 2015 at 4:36 AM Post #21,451 of 23,366
  I, for one, am comfortable with the standard pads and never bought the XL pads. Plus I like the look better with standard pads...
Yes, they sit on my ears in part, but I found a position that is comfortable for as long as I do wear them (which is 2-3h max as I use other headphones at home / at the office).

As I understand they are sold at about no win / no loss level as they are much more complicated to make than the standard pads. Its nice that they are on offer for people who are having problems with comfort, but reading reviews most seem to be fine with the standard pads I think.

There was a revision of the so called over-ear Momentum? They were a nightmare for me btw., too small by far.

I agree that the standard ones look better. I think a large majority of people have no issue with the standard pads. It sounds like you're not 100% without problems. I can't use them at all.

The Momentum revision is mentioned here:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2015-sennheiser-bolsters-momentum-urbanite-and-wireless-lines

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #21,452 of 23,366
It's a simple case of form over function.

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #21,453 of 23,366
  I agree that the standard ones look better. I think a large majority of people have no issue with the standard pads. It sounds like you're not 100% without problems. I can't use them at all.

The Momentum revision is mentioned here:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/ces-2015-sennheiser-bolsters-momentum-urbanite-and-wireless-lines

Thanks for the link, I did not follow the Momentums further development after selling them. I also disliked the sound, so fit was only one reason...

The M-100 grew on me... at first they were a bit uncomfortable for prolonged use. Over time that was solved by me getting better at positioning them and maybe the pads getting a bit softer with usage.

Sorry to hear that you cannot wear them at all with standard pads. But if the XLs solve that its exactly the case they were made for I guess. Comfort is really a very personal thing where anybodies experience is almost certainly not transferable.

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #21,455 of 23,366
Has anyone had any luck replacing cables? I bought my m-100s from the official site but they refuse to replace my cable. This sucks as pretty much everything I bought from v-moda (xl pads, boom mic) and even the headphones themselves seem to be defective but I doubt they'll help me out.

heres a photo http://postimg.org/image/m5s2oidaj/

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #21,456 of 23,366
  Has anyone had any luck replacing cables? I bought my m-100s from the official site but they refuse to replace my cable. This sucks as pretty much everything I bought from v-moda (xl pads, boom mic) and even the headphones themselves seem to be defective but I doubt they'll help me out.

I use the $12 V-MODA Audio Only Cable with all my headphones.

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #21,457 of 23,366

I had the exact same problem and they replaced my cable. Did you email them that picture? What I had to do was cut my existing cable and show a picture to prove it and they sent me a new one. I got a new V-Cork too by just asking for one.

Feb 18, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #21,458 of 23,366
I had originally opened a request for my headphones as one side was broken and I put it in under the written section about my cable but I guess they didn't read it  as all I got was a automated reply. When I requested for the cable again as I didn't want send my headphones in, they just said I could purchased cables at the official site. I had no inquiries what so ever about my situation. I doubt I could get my xl pads pads replaced even though they're heavily compressed with light use so Ill probably just have to  keep away from this company.

Feb 18, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #21,459 of 23,366
I'm considering buying the boom mic for gaming, but im wondering if the mic output will still work through a DAC? I usually listen to music throug a portable DAC at home, and im a little confused as to how the mic is connected.

Is it possible to have the DAC/Amp and the mic work together? Or will running it through a DAC not allow the mic to work.

Thanks!

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:35 PM Post #21,460 of 23,366
  I had originally opened a request for my headphones as one side was broken and I put it in under the written section about my cable but I guess they didn't read it  as all I got was a automated reply. When I requested for the cable again as I didn't want send my headphones in, they just said I could purchased cables at the official site. I had no inquiries what so ever about my situation. I doubt I could get my xl pads pads replaced even though they're heavily compressed with light use so Ill probably just have to  keep away from this company.

If the XL pads compress, you should do the headband thing.

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:48 PM Post #21,461 of 23,366
  I'm considering buying the boom mic for gaming, but im wondering if the mic output will still work through a DAC? I usually listen to music throug a portable DAC at home, and im a little confused as to how the mic is connected.

Is it possible to have the DAC/Amp and the mic work together? Or will running it through a DAC not allow the mic to work.

Thanks!

Mic only works connected through a phone or a combination headphone/mic jack. AFAIK, there is no DAC that passes along microphone input to a device.

Feb 18, 2015 at 5:49 PM Post #21,462 of 23,366

Try sending another request. I've only had amazing customer service from V-MODA. Maybe you got a new guy.

Feb 19, 2015 at 2:05 AM Post #21,464 of 23,366
  I noticed something strange listening with mine... I just bought this 2 days ago. I noticed that the LEFT driver is louder than the RIGHT? Listening to some thumbing bass i feel the left side vibrating but the right side doesnt. Im trying to listen one without the thats why I can tell that the LEFT driver is louder. Is this normal with the M100? I checked my speaker balance and it is balance. Need advice. thanks

EDIT: Nevermind! I found out whats the problem. Its my input jack from my amp is not properly put in. Stupid, I know :)

I discovered that this issue depends on the source! Some devices cause the left driver to be louder while other devices are not. I am not sure why. 

Feb 20, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #21,465 of 23,366
V-Moda has some great warranty... however, well, just, hear me out.

Originally, I sent my (Shadow) M-100 headphones for warranty because the earpads were unremovable. I also mentioned my mic on the cable wasn't working, so I got that replaced at the same time. 

Two weeks later, they came back with a new cable and my headphones again. 

I was away from home, so I opened them a week or so after. Upon inspection, one of the earcup edges was chipped now. It was only cosmetic damage, but of course, I didn't want that. So I messaged them again, and they immediately shipped out another pair to me with a return label so I could return my old pair.  (This part really surprised me, as they didn't even take my payment information or anything. I'll be using that return label though of course.)

Again, two weeks later, I receive another set of headphones in the mail. However, upon opening them, I find out they're the matte black version instead of my shadow ones. They look pretty cool as matte black, so I figure I'm thankful. 
Except.. Upon putting them on my head, I notice that the horizontal (?) swivel is really loose compared to my shadow pair. The earpad foam themselves also feel less dense, but that could be the fact that they're new headphones.

Is the swivel thing extremely loose on anybody else's headphones? Like I'm talking they won't stay upright kind of loose. I'll upload a video if anybody needs. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back