V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Mar 3, 2015 at 6:12 PM Post #21,481 of 23,366
Electronic music is their forte imo. Try some Royksopp or Yello and they really do the business.

Mar 7, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #21,482 of 23,366
I picked up V-Moda Crossfade M-100s and really enjoy their sound.

I also grabbed the XL pads because I'm a big guy with a big head and (I discovered after becoming an audiophile) big ears. My ears are ~68mm tall, which tends to mean I can only ever fit my ears in Sennheiser headphones.

The XL pads are just barely too short in height for my ears.

Does anyone have experience making these pads a little taller? I'm thinking of stitching them in the center at the top so they're essentially as tall as the stitch on the pad. That would give me the clearance I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Mar 7, 2015 at 4:19 AM Post #21,483 of 23,366
  I picked up V-Moda Crossfade M-100s and really enjoy their sound.

I also grabbed the XL pads because I'm a big guy with a big head and (I discovered after becoming an audiophile) big ears. My ears are ~68mm tall, which tends to mean I can only ever fit my ears in Sennheiser headphones.

The XL pads are just barely too short in height for my ears.

Does anyone have experience making these pads a little taller? I'm thinking of stitching them in the center at the top so they're essentially as tall as the stitch on the pad. That would give me the clearance I'm looking for.

Thanks!

Before the XL pads were released what we used to do was stuff the inside of the pads outer area, underneath the actual padding, with rolled up gauze. It should still work with the XL pads. 
beerchug.gif

Mar 15, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #21,488 of 23,366
I was thinking of redoing it with the word ""********" at the bottom but i dunno if that might be overdoing it ...or if it could backfire... I dont want people thinking MY headphones are ******** >.<

the *** are hidng the word that starts with bull :p

maybe we can convince the original owner to send us the file? :p ....I am being lazy by asking that i know but I would love to match this ..we can be the slash b club! :p

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:03 AM Post #21,489 of 23,366
  I was thinking of redoing it with the word ""********" at the bottom but i dunno if that might be overdoing it ...or if it could backfire... I dont want people thinking MY headphones are ******** >.<

the *** are hidng the word that starts with bull :p

maybe we can convince the original owner to send us the file? :p ....I am being lazy by asking that i know but I would love to match this ..we can be the slash b club! :p

I got the shadow M100's, because it was cheaper than the rest!
I like the look of the original plate.  I wonder if I can have the original plate, but put on an artistically pleasing variation of that...

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #21,490 of 23,366
  I got the shadow M100's, because it was cheaper than the rest!
I like the look of the original plate.  I wonder if I can have the original plate, but put on an artistically pleasing variation of that...

I have the same shadow >.< cause i liked the design :p.

I engraved a shiny black for it.. the color looks a bit more cream >.< but its a anime jpg... so there are alot of shades n such.. i figure you can get brighter if you use the solid color... push come to shove.. you can always use vinyl for the brighter look. 

I'd probably grab some red shields for it just to match the color its known for in reverse *red shield..white anti beats*

If you wanna vinyl it instead of engraving, i think any vinyl shop can do it pretty fast. I could always do a *.cdr or *.wmf file for ya. I think most can use those formats.

I dunno how vinyl shops where you are from work tho.. most i know tend to shy away from letting people send their own stuff in.

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #21,491 of 23,366
hello gentlemen.  quick question regarding cable.  does the in-line mic cable have apple controls or is it just a single button?  on the vmoda website i only see a one button replacement cable and i need to be able to control the volume.  i know the answer is probably in this thread, but this thread is massive. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:32 PM Post #21,492 of 23,366
  hello gentlemen.  quick question regarding cable.  does the in-line mic cable have apple controls or is it just a single button?  on the vmoda website i only see a one button replacement cable and i need to be able to control the volume.  i know the answer is probably in this thread, but this thread is massive. 

only the single button is available at the present time, the 3 button cable had some licencing issue from what i heard (Val said that the 3 button cable should be making its return soon (but that i think was 6 months- 1 year ago. not entirely sure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back