V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 8, 2015 at 10:17 PM Post #21,287 of 23,366
  Mine did the same thing. Contact V-moda especially if you have had the pads less than a year and they're under warranty. Flex the headband regularly to break it in, I know that helped my situation. I think the latest batch of XL pads in the retail packaging hold their shape better than the ones I got in a plain package. The first XL pads I got were just terrible, they compressed too easily during wear and flattened out over time. I don't know if they have improved them, or it's luck of the draw, but I know the newer ones I have are a world better and I'm fairly comfortable again instead of having sharp pain in the peaks of my antihelixes.

My replacement pads arrived today. Customer service of Vmoda is fast :) Thanks @Andii for suggesting me to contact them. 

Jan 9, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #21,288 of 23,366
  My replacement pads arrived today. Customer service of Vmoda is fast :) Thanks @Andii for suggesting me to contact them. 

Honestly I think the headphones are worth $200 in regards to a flashy looking headphone with sound. The other $100 you pay them for at MSRP is the 2 year "6 star" service. My drivers broke twice, and each time I sent them in for repair, they send it back through expedited shipping. If I recall there's only one guy who responds back to my emails for RMA, but it's like he's on 24/7 and returns the emails within 1-2 hours.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #21,290 of 23,366
  just because you had a bad experience doesnt mean we're all in the same ship lel

o well, i sold mine to get the ATH W1000x anyway

I might have given off a bad vibe there, but my point is that V-Moda has pretty great customer service no matter how many times I contact them. All problems I had with my M100 have been resolved within 2 weeks per issue.

In regards to why I said the M100 is a $200 headphone; that's how I think they should be priced in regards to the overall cost of the headphone (including profits and whatnot). Someone else will obviously have a different opinion, but I feel that the other $100 I paid for the M100's goes towards something useful like quality customer service.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:40 PM Post #21,291 of 23,366
Anyone tried Schiit Fulla with M-100? How comfortable is the "headroom" on volume control? Wondering if it gets to ~80db too quickly where a little nudge of more volume gets too loud.

Going to get the schiit amp / dac stack in a few weeks. Will let you know.

Jan 9, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #21,292 of 23,366

I might have given off a bad vibe there, but my point is that V-Moda has pretty great customer service no matter how many times I contact them. All problems I had with my M100 have been resolved within 2 weeks per issue.

In regards to why I said the M100 is a $200 headphone; that's how I think they should be priced in regards to the overall cost of the headphone (including profits and whatnot). Someone else will obviously have a different opinion, but I feel that the other $100 I paid for the M100's goes towards something useful like quality customer service.

Tbh, I probably could've gotten better with IEMs, but I needed something to convert people who want Beats.

Jan 9, 2015 at 9:19 PM Post #21,293 of 23,366
Anyone tried Schiit Fulla with M-100? How comfortable is the "headroom" on volume control? Wondering if it gets to ~80db too quickly where a little nudge of more volume gets too loud.

Going to get the schiit amp / dac stack in a few weeks. Will let you know.

Awesome!

Jan 10, 2015 at 11:44 AM Post #21,294 of 23,366
This was an interesting read:

http://pando.com/2013/11/11/v-moda-obsessed-with-fashion-and-quality-profits-not-so-much/

Jan 11, 2015 at 4:43 AM Post #21,297 of 23,366
  Well now I feel like a jerk  (refers to previous post)

lol I actually agree with your previous post. The M100s are more competitive for its sound quality at the $200 price range. $300 is overpriced for its sonics alone. However, I do think some of the costs go into V-Moda's excellent customer service. Also, you are paying a bit of a premium for the build quality & fashion.

After a lot of more experience with portable mid-fi headphones, I really think you can definitely find better sound at a better price.

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:00 AM Post #21,298 of 23,366
I've owned many sets of headphones over the years and I've bought 4 pairs in the last year alone. The only pair that have ever been damaged are my M-100's. They weren't subjected to abuse and I've no idea how the damage occurred but I suspect it's down to the particularly brittle plastics used in their construction. Many others have also had problems with the quality of the materials. What we're paying for is style over function, nothing else.

Jan 11, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #21,299 of 23,366
I'm so glad mine were gifted to me for Christmas from the company I was freelancing for.

Although mine are fine after a year (knock on wood) I'd hate to be reading all these posts if I'd actually paid for them. :blink:

Jan 11, 2015 at 2:21 PM Post #21,300 of 23,366
The only damage I've ever seen with any of my V-MODA headphones (V-80, XS, and M-100) have been through usage. I've dropped all three models onto wooden and ceramic floors, onto concrete sidewalks, and walked with them through rain. All work fine with only minor wear and tear. The one pair I did receive that was defective was replaced in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back