V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Aug 28, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #20,987 of 23,366
It's their 10-year anniversary so there's a coupon code to get 10% off the M-100 when you buy it from V-MODA directly. Sure, it's been at $269.99 ($10 less) on Amazon and AC Gears for a couple weeks now, but from V-MODA you get free custom shields with your order.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #20,988 of 23,366
Oh I see. Saw their twitter post and it sounded like they had a surprise release of some kind. Oh well never mind.

Was hoping they'd update their in ear line, if they could channel the m100 into a portable in ear form that would be pretty awesome.

Aug 29, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #20,989 of 23,366
Did you know that the store Brookstone sells the V-MODA M100? I didn't, until I went to Brookstone this morning for another reason.  

They have them out and available to try... might help you if you are looking for a "try-before-you-buy."  Their website also indicates that they carry the V-MODA Vamp Versa Universal headphone amp, as well as color shields and various cables.

I'm pleased!

Aug 29, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #20,990 of 23,366
  Did you know that the store Brookstone sells the V-MODA M100? I didn't, until I went to Brookstone this morning for another reason.  

They have them out and available to try... might help you if you are looking for a "try-before-you-buy."  Their website also indicates that they carry the V-MODA Vamp Versa Universal headphone amp, as well as color shields and various cables.

I'm pleased!

I didn't realize this and I was at Logan yesterday, tried it at Brookstone and bought a pair.  Just what I was looking for and it was great to try them before buying them.  I've bought too many headphones based on reviews that I regret.  The only downside is that Brookstone limits the time when you're using your own device as source so every couple of minutes you have to press the button again.  But I was glad I got to listen before buying.  I've been looking at this model for months.

Aug 30, 2014 at 9:36 AM Post #20,991 of 23,366
  Besides the obvious option of wearing the scars with pride you can try to cover it up with a permanent marker (i.e. Edding or something like that). While it won't heal an actual scratch in the metal of course, its still quite effective optically.

THIS

scars of war. Every scratch should have some nice stories to tell. Nothing is to last pristine in the long run. You'd feel better knowing that the gear has stood by you through thick and thin :)

Aug 31, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #20,994 of 23,366
I recently purchased some M-100's and I do no not regret them, however sometimes I wish they were a little louder. Does anyone have a recommendation on an AMP that would go well with them? 

Louder than what? What are you driving them with currently? What is your source?

Aug 31, 2014 at 2:36 AM Post #20,995 of 23,366
  I recently purchased some M-100's and I do no not regret them, however sometimes I wish they were a little louder. Does anyone have a recommendation on an AMP that would go well with them? 

Anything from the FiiO line, iPhone, the M100's aren't too hard too drive unless if you're running them straight off a smaller device like a Sony Walkman

Aug 31, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #20,996 of 23,366
  THIS

scars of war. Every scratch should have some nice stories to tell. Nothing is to last pristine in the long run. You'd feel better knowing that the gear has stood by you through thick and thin :)

but it would be nice if it did though =) 

Hm, to me: actually no. For things I do not plan on reselling I like to see them acquire some character through wear. It adds personality and and maybe I even remember why that scratch is there. I kind of like that... and I like products that don't break when looking at them the wrong way, i.e. where a scar is not making it defunct.

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #20,997 of 23,366
I love that brookstone has them out and have gone several times to give them a shot. Best buy and amazon have them down to 270 and its really grasped my attention as a vmoda crossfade lp owner looking to upgrade, I've been eyeing these headphones for awhile.

However now I am reading things about a "revolver", a successor to the m100. Any idea when these could come out?

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:57 PM Post #20,999 of 23,366
Revolver might be out sooner than you think. Just saying...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back