V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 16, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #20,836 of 23,366
Yeah, I suppose we do have different definitions.  That said, "boutique", by your definition, was gone the day they launched on Amazon...

Touché. Haha!

Jul 16, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #20,837 of 23,366
Does anyone use a HTC one with the M100s? just wondering how it powers them as for I got it 2 days ago

anything will power them, as they are 32 ohm

I have a Nexus 5 and the M100 do not sound great with it, way to quiet. When I use them with my Nexus 7 though whole world of difference. 

I use a Fiio E11 now. Much better...

Jul 16, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #20,839 of 23,366
Has anyone heard of A-Audio Legacy Elite HD Over Ear headphones? I like how the phantom black look but i'm not sure about the sound,I can't find them anywhere else only in there website.

And you thought your post belonged here because...?

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #20,840 of 23,366
And you thought your post belonged here because...?

Well my cousin up in america has them and he tells me that he likes them more than the V moda M100s, that i'm not so sure about because they seem a bit more fashion foward. But seeing that they are built of metal and leather and being at a price point of $300 us dollars I thought it might stand up well against the M100s. So i'm just wondering if any of you have tryd it because I figured it would be more towards the bassy dj category.

Jul 16, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #20,841 of 23,366
  Well my cousin up in america has them and he tells me that he likes them more than the V moda M100s, that i'm not so sure about because they seem a bit more fashion foward. But seeing that they are built of metal and leather and being at a price point of $300 us dollars I thought it might stand up well against the M100s. So i'm just wondering if any of you have tryd it because I figured it would be more towards the bassy dj category.

Looking a little sketchy, based on their site.  

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:04 AM Post #20,843 of 23,366
  Well my cousin up in america has them and he tells me that he likes them more than the V moda M100s, that i'm not so sure about because they seem a bit more fashion foward. But seeing that they are built of metal and leather and being at a price point of $300 us dollars i thought it might stand up well against the M100s. So i'm just wondering if any of you have tried it because i figured it would be more towards the bassy dj category.

Fashion-forward's your euphemism for amusingly gaudy, isn't it?  Well coined. Personally, I'm allergic to wearing anything bedizened with musical notes, but that's because I'm a piano player and the effect seems a Hank too literal. I've never wanted to don a keyboard scarf and let it flap picturesquely in the breeze as I waved away imaginary paparazzi. 

Does your cousin ever visit you?  If so, tell him to bring his Legacy Elites; if not, it looks as though you'd rather stick with the M100s anyway.  The only words you've capitalized in your post besides the first in each sentence are V-Moda and M100s.  Your subconscious looks like a V-Moda enthusiast to me. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #20,844 of 23,366
I was thinking much the same thing regarding their, er, styling. I certainly hope they sound bad because nothing would make me wear them.

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:57 AM Post #20,845 of 23,366

Hmmmm...

Yeah right

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:09 AM Post #20,846 of 23,366
Lmao I don't mind how the black ones look but I still prefer the matte black M100s. And with sound I still most likely would prefer how the M100 sound my cousin is only 13 and is a beats fan so what he would mostly like is bass but it's really hard to beat the M100s sound, portability and build quality also comfort (with XL pads) so personally i'd prefer the M100s and I yet have not came across with a headphone that comes close and has a seriously fun sound signature like the M100s so I'm still sticking with the M100s. :) just gotta save that money -.-

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:20 AM Post #20,847 of 23,366
Fashion-forward's your euphemism for amusingly gaudy, isn't it?  Well coined. Personally, I'm allergic to wearing anything bedizened with musical notes, but that's because I'm a piano player and the effect seems a Hank too literal. I've never wanted to don a keyboard scarf and let it flap picturesquely in the breeze as I waved away imaginary paparazzi. 

Does your cousin ever visit you?  If so, tell him to bring his Legacy Elites; if not, it looks as though you'd rather stick with the M100s anyway.  The only words you've capitalized in your post besides the first in each sentence are V-Moda and M100s.  Your subconscious looks like a V-Moda enthusiast to me. 
. My cousin has never visited me i've only visted him haha, last time i've seen him was years ago when he was a little lad about 3 years old. And yeh ever since I got my V moda Lp I loved V moda as for what I mainly listen to is EDM based music and sub genres of EDM and just V moda sound so damn good with it. Ever since I tryd the M100s I always wanted to get them for my own so I saved and saved but always something had to get in my way and I would have to spend the cash so this year I have a set goal and that is to have a the M100s in my hands and to be mine :p I pray and hope nothing stops me. The most flashiest headphone I would use is the M100 but they still look kick ass awsome anything that look gaudy and shiny or simply beats by dre like hell no keep them away from me

Jul 18, 2014 at 6:45 AM Post #20,848 of 23,366
Hello,

My XL pads seems to lose their shape, I frequently have to massage them just to put them back into shape, I was under the impression that the foam on these pads should take back shape when they are not in use, any of you guys with xl pads experienced this?

Thanks

Jul 19, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #20,849 of 23,366
My M100 came back today from repair at V-MODA! It only took them 1 day or so (although austrian post took 3 weeks to ship the thing, came back in only 5 days though).

Thought it was generous & good service to repair the headphone for free despite it being an amazon warehouse deal with no warranty.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 19, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #20,850 of 23,366
  Hello,

My XL pads seems to lose their shape, I frequently have to massage them just to put them back into shape, I was under the impression that the foam on these pads should take back shape when they are not in use, any of you guys with xl pads experienced this?

Thanks

No, but I switched back to the standard pads, I think the bass is better with the normal pads. Also the headphone doesnt fold as nice with the fat pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back