V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 14, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #20,821 of 23,366
You're welcome.
Just be careful to grab just the headband when stretching it, not the plastic ends of the headband as these are a bit more delicate than most of the rest. The headband is designed to withstand 10+ flat-bends without deformation, so you can go a bit beyond that to actually loosen it. You'll find videos of that online, even by Val himself.
I might add that V-Moda sells deeper XL-pads as an accessory as well in case pad depth is a problem (did not try them out as the standard pads fit my ears quite fine).

Enjoy your new headphone -- Deep House is a nice genre to listen to on the M-100.

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #20,822 of 23,366
You're welcome.
Just be careful to grab just the headband when stretching it, not the plastic ends of the headband as these are a bit more delicate than most of the rest. The headband is designed to withstand 10+ flat-bends without deformation, so you can go a bit beyond that to actually loosen it. You'll find videos of that online, even by Val himself.
I might add that V-Moda sells deeper XL-pads as an accessory as well in case pad depth is a problem (did not try them out as the standard pads fit my ears quite fine).

Enjoy your new headphone -- Deep House is a nice genre to listen to on the M-100.

After about 30 minutes with them on my head I went to the V-Moda site and ordered the XL pads.

So far whatever music I throw at them they sound great, I LOVE how deep the bass goes and the sub bass is like I've never heard before.

Thanks for you help.

Jul 14, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #20,823 of 23,366
After about 30 minutes with them on my head I went to the V-Moda site and ordered the XL pads.

So far whatever music I throw at them they sound great, I LOVE how deep the bass goes and the sub bass is like I've never heard before.

Thanks for you help.

The XL pads help a lot. I hope V-Moda will not make the same mistake when they come to replace the M-100.

Its worth pointing out that these headphones respond very well to EQ tweaks.

Enjoy :)

Jul 15, 2014 at 3:16 AM Post #20,824 of 23,366
The XL pads help a lot. I hope V-Moda will not make the same mistake when they come to replace the M-100.

Its worth pointing out that these headphones respond very well to EQ tweaks.

Enjoy :)

I listen to music in bed every night and last night with my new M-100's I was really into long house mixes, when I decided it was time to sleep I was surprised that 5 hours had passed. They sound SO good to me when connected to my Fiio X5.

I can't wait for the XL pads to arrive.

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #20,825 of 23,366
5 hours of house music before sleep?

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #20,826 of 23,366
5 hours of house music before sleep?

I got carried away with some Atmospheric Progressive Deep House, plus the fact that I have never heard a headphone like this before.

Jul 15, 2014 at 5:58 AM Post #20,827 of 23,366
Fair play to you, we've all been there. I wouldn't recommend it on a regular basis though. Hearing is handy for other things.

:) :) :) :) :)

Jul 15, 2014 at 6:02 AM Post #20,828 of 23,366
Fair play to you, we've all been there. I wouldn't recommend it on a regular basis though. Hearing is handy for other things.

:) :) :) :) :)

I think that it will be okay as I don't listen with volume too loud, I been there in my youth.
:):)

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #20,830 of 23,366
Wow 5 hours with the standard pads, I could not do that! :p

I spent some time stretching the headband and lifted the cups away now and again, my XL pads should be here in about 10 days (fingers tightly crossed)

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #20,831 of 23,366
I spent some time stretching the headband and lifted the cups away now and again, my XL pads should be here in about 10 days (fingers tightly crossed)

I wouldn't bother about stretching the headband much. My cans were quite tight initially too but through time they've loosened off a bit and the XL pads provide a bit more cushion too.

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #20,832 of 23,366
I wouldn't bother about stretching the headband much. My cans were quite tight initially too but through time they've loosened off a bit and the XL pads provide a bit more cushion too.

Thanks for that, they are okay at the moment and I can tolerate the tightness while waiting for the XL pads.

Jul 15, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #20,835 of 23,366
I know. Still not as boutique.

You can find a Magnolia everywhere in the US, and the distribution chain just became much larger for Vmoda. I guess we have different ideas about what boutique is.

Yeah, I suppose we do have different definitions.  That said, "boutique", by your definition, was gone the day they launched on Amazon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back