V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jun 29, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #20,746 of 23,366
Its true they are authentic but as they said they are not authorised dealer and cannot claim warranty if anything goes wrong.

If your not in a hurry you can order at v-moda's website.

You can call up addicted to audio http://www.addictedtoaudio.com.au/ and as for a discount. Look for george.:D

Addicted to audio has overnight shipping as well.

How much can you get it for from addicted to audio

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #20,750 of 23,366
I am thinking of ordering M-100's tonight for my son for a gift.  Are they durable?  Where is the best deal on these?  I am in the US in WV.

Thanks!

I think they are really robust, if you buy them from an authorized dealer they are suppose to be lifetime warranty on the construction. As for deals sometimes VMODA has some specials right on there website from time to time, I bought mine as a customer return on amazon for 239.00 and they looked brand new even the protective film was still on them.

Jul 1, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #20,753 of 23,366
So I have been travelling around a decent amount lately with my m100 and have noticed a small problem. The cables that go from the headband to earcups have a sort of cloth/plastic covering and when there is some movement those cables rub against the metal arms causing a strange microphonic noise...

As you can see whenever I move the earcup From the first position to the second position the cable rubs against the metal arm..

Jul 1, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #20,754 of 23,366
So I have been travelling around a decent amount lately with my m100 and have noticed a small problem. The cables that go from the headband to earcups have a sort of cloth/plastic covering and when there is some movement those cables rub against the metal arms causing a strange microphonic noise...

As you can see whenever I move the earcup From the first position to the second position the cable rubs against the metal arm..

yea it does that theres nothing wrong with your m100s. i could only hear it at home, its soo quiet, when your outside u won't hear it

Jul 1, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #20,755 of 23,366

I have the same problem with my white M-100. On the right earcup, I'm actually getting some wear on the cable itself as the contact point is badly frayed. I sent it to V-MODA but they said that kind of wear is from normal use and they didn't fix it so I fixed it myself with a twist tie.

The added bulk of the twist ties actually make the cables too thick to slide underneath the yokes and, as a bonus, made the M-100 more comfortable to wear.

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #20,756 of 23,366
what I did to reduce some of those microphonic noises is I took the cups off the yokes and gave them a 360 degree twist to create a loop,  before I put them back on. It kind of shortens the length a bit and gives it a sort of coil, keeping the noises down! It is cheap (free) and easy.
Hope this helps.

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #20,757 of 23,366
I have the same problem with my white M-100. On the right earcup, I'm actually getting some wear on the cable itself as the contact point is badly frayed. I sent it to V-MODA but they said that kind of wear is from normal use and they didn't fix it so I fixed it myself with a twist tie.

The added bulk of the twist ties actually make the cables too thick to slide underneath the yokes and, as a bonus, made the M-100 more comfortable to wear.

Thanks for the suggestion, just did it using black twist ties so that they blend in. Seems to prevent the microphonic noise and instead has a much quieter noise that I definetely can't hear while music is playing.:D

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #20,758 of 23,366
I really hate Head-Fi...lol. I said I would not order anymore headphones after I received my Akg 550's, but I've been forced to place an order for the matte black with the free covers. I didn't have time to make a custom design so I'm just getting the sun orange with a pre-maid design. Now this is my last pair, really it is.
Sent from my RM-938_lta_lta_905 using Tapatalk

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #20,759 of 23,366
I really hate Head-Fi...lol. I said I would not order anymore headphones after I received my Akg 550's, but I've been forced to place an order for the matte black with the free covers. I didn't have time to make a custom design so I'm just getting the sun orange with a pre-maid design. Now this is my last pair, really it is.

That's a lie. 

Jul 1, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #20,760 of 23,366

The orange matte black with orange shields looks HOT!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back