V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #20,764 of 23,366
Just for fun I made some M-100 Windows icons because I like my icons to resemble my gear. I'm new to the DropBox game so if the link doesn't work PM me and I'll email them to you.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4gh0flmu8f1qkp0/AADOtk_gR_ULGaszGE0xJCOoa

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:01 AM Post #20,765 of 23,366
The orange matte black with orange shields looks HOT!!

I have an extra pair of shields that are orange and they're fun, but they're also shiny.  Matte orange shields would be an excellent idea.

Here's something I've always hoped V-Moda would do:  color-match their shields to their accessories, cables and headphone details. 

If a shadow model becomes an option again, then shields that use the same red color as the headband logo and stitching could be offered.  Val seems inclined to use orange these days (a reaction to the red Beats logo, perhaps), so the same philosophy could apply.

Ditto orange or gray shields and orange or gray cables:  The colors could match.  As with outfits, so with headphones:  each color should be the same shade.  You wouldn't wear a gray sports jacket with pants that are a different shade of gray (though a markedly different texture does help).

Jul 3, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #20,767 of 23,366
I have an extra pair of shields that are orange and they're fun, but they're also shiny.  Matte orange shields would be an excellent idea.

Here's something I've always hoped V-Moda would do:  color-match their shields to their accessories, cables and headphone details. 

If a shadow model becomes an option again, then shields that use the same red color as the headband logo and stitching could be offered.  Val seems inclined to use orange these days (a reaction to the red Beats logo, perhaps), so the same philosophy could apply.

Ditto orange or gray shields and orange or gray cables:  The colors could match.  As with outfits, so with headphones:  each color should be the same shade.  You wouldn't wear a gray sports jacket with pants that are a different shade of gray (though a markedly different texture does help).

Yeah, I have the shiny orange ones too and they are pretty flashy so some might want a matte version to be more discreet. I tried my best to color match with the matte black m100, orange shields, the black/orange cable and case that came with it..would be cool if they just came default with matte orange shields

Jul 4, 2014 at 5:00 PM Post #20,768 of 23,366
I listen to a lot of genres of music mostly rock(Judas Priest,Lamb of God,Pantera)to(David Bowie,Queen) would the V-moda 100 be good or if you know if the monster Dna's would be good for sound?

Jul 4, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #20,769 of 23,366
I listen to a lot of genres of music mostly rock(Judas Priest,Lamb of God,Pantera)to(David Bowie,Queen) would the V-moda 100 be good or if you know if the monster Dna's would be good for sound?

Are you referring to the dna pros (the over esrs) or the dna (on ears)?
I thought the on ears sound good for what it is. I personally found the m100s much more detailed in the treble (more extended and more refined)and reaches lower in the bass. The mids are less forward, but i find it pretty clean in the mids too.

Now i didnt a/b them them, so take what i said above with a grain of salt

Jul 6, 2014 at 10:56 PM Post #20,773 of 23,366
How long have you guys had your M100s without any problems?

I've had mine for about 5 months and zero issues so far.. main thing is to just take care of your stuff and it will last along time. I always take the time to put all my gear back in a case or to not wind my cables to tight. I don't use the M100 case as I think it is too cramped, I use the case from my old ATH-M50s which has ample room.

Jul 6, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #20,775 of 23,366
I take care of my stuff, I'm just worried of a speaker blowing as a few people have said this

If there blowing these than they are playing these way to load. I have mine amped and sometimes turn it up a bit but never that load as my ears would be ringing. I'm sure if they are being listened to at a moderate level these should last a long time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back