V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 17, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #18,571 of 23,366
  it depends on the reviewer though , the m100 wasn't reviewed by the same person who doesn't like the c5d, as far as personal opinion goes Mike actually like the vmoda m100

Of course...but the point is that it doesn't matter if there are bad reviews on a product...it just matters if it's a majority.  There's a reason the M100 has won so many awards.  It's a damn good headphone.  I believe the C5D is just as capable.

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #18,572 of 23,366
  it depends on the reviewer though , the m100 wasn't reviewed by the same person who doesn't like the c5d, as far as personal opinion goes Mike actually like the vmoda m100

This is true: the M-100 review was done by two guest reviewers (for whatever reason).

It's worth noting that while the C5D wasn't quite given an outright unconditional recommendation by either Mike or Lieven, I definitely got the impression that they liked it overall. The original C5 was the one I remember them (especially Mike) really not taking to. (They said in the review that they suspected the DAC addition changed the sound somewhat.)

Feb 17, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #18,574 of 23,366
Which DAC the Note 3 has is dependent on whether or not you live in a region that gets the Exynos or Snapdragon processor variants. Exynos has the Wolfson chip, the Snapdragon doesn't. (If you're in the U.S., you'll get the Snapdragon variant.)

Never mind that which DAC is used has no bearing on how well that DAC is implemented and the resultant sound signature. Sansa Clip has a, well, I don't know what it has, and it fares well against iPod 5.5g with a Wolfson. Which says a lot about how well Sansa implemented the DAC in the Clip line.

Feb 17, 2014 at 10:11 PM Post #18,576 of 23,366
yep. Mine shipped out today.

Love to see some pictures of them on and being worn, plus a report on the sound change. I don't have any complaints about the M100s (I think they're super comfy) but if it's even comfier and has deeper bass? I'm in.

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #18,578 of 23,366
XL Memory Cushions:
1) more comfortable (my ears do not touch the inner part of the pads or the headphone drivers)
2) better bass (quality and texture, quantity is about the same)
3) better soundstage (slightly wider and deeper) could be because the headphone drivers are further away from my ears
4) smoother transition from bass to mids (less V more U but still FUN!) 

Feb 18, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #18,579 of 23,366

This is true: the M-100 review was done by two guest reviewers (for whatever reason).

It's worth noting that while the C5D wasn't quite given an outright unconditional recommendation by either Mike or Lieven, I definitely got the impression that they liked it overall. The original C5 was the one I remember them (especially Mike) really not taking to. (They said in the review that they suspected the DAC addition changed the sound somewhat.)

Mike reccomended the c5d to alot of people when people is asking what portable android dac can they have instead of the Fiio E18 , so yes I think at least Lieven likes the c5d and Mike doesn't exactly dislike it

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #18,580 of 23,366
What amp are you all using (if any)? I have a Fiio e11 that I tested and damn, it can push these things off of a Macbook Pro. Normally I have the volume 2 notches from the top, tried with the e11 at 60% on the laptop and about a 5-6 on the amp and whooooooooeeeeee. 

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #18,581 of 23,366
  What amp are you all using (if any)? I have a Fiio e11 that I tested and damn, it can push these things off of a Macbook Pro. Normally I have the volume 2 notches from the top, tried with the e11 at 60% on the laptop and about a 5-6 on the amp and whooooooooeeeeee. 

As mentioned above, I use the C5D...because it includes a DAC to run off of my PC Desktop and Macbook Air.  Prior to that, I used probably my favorite amp (without a DAC)...the C&C BH2.

Feb 18, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #18,582 of 23,366

As mentioned above, I use the C5D...because it includes a DAC to run off of my PC Desktop and Macbook Air.  Prior to that, I used probably my favorite amp (without a DAC)...the C&C BH2.

Whoa, the C5D is a tiny little thing. That's awesome, and I think I may have the winner.

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #18,583 of 23,366

Yeah but did it sound better or just louder?

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #18,584 of 23,366
I also use the C&C BH2 and like it a lot. The M100's are so efficient that most players dont really need an amp unless you are after a separate DAC or the amp on your source sucks. I personally use the BH2 because I love the LF switch. I tried EQing on my DX50 to get the same sound, but I cant get it, so I deal with the extra size and hassle of an amp. Without the LF switch on, there is no difference between the DX amp and the BH2, IMO

Feb 18, 2014 at 4:19 PM Post #18,585 of 23,366
Yeah but did it sound better or just louder?

Mostly just louder, but then again we're talking running a MBP at near max volume versus playing with a lot of overhead, so I think there was some extra clarity in the sound, but it's hard to be sure.

For us bassheads, just having an extra load of volume is good, too. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back