V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 21, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #18,181 of 23,366
- buying the xl pads right now is gonna be a hassle. I live in Canada, shipping is quite a it and it'll take a few weeks to come. If after that I want to return then I gotta return the cans to amazon. I don't even know if you can return the pads
- I wanna know if anyone has found them uncomfortable at first then gotten used to it
- I wanna know if there are any tricks to put them on properly or adjust the pads or band, etc

Jan 21, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #18,183 of 23,366
- buying the xl pads right now is gonna be a hassle. I live in Canada, shipping is quite a it and it'll take a few weeks to come. If after that I want to return then I gotta return the cans to amazon. I don't even know if you can return the pads
- I wanna know if anyone has found them uncomfortable at first then gotten used to it
- I wanna know if there are any tricks to put them on properly or adjust the pads or band, etc

I live in Canada as well, and shipping is $5 . I haven't bought them either though.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #18,184 of 23,366

the only other trick is to roll up paper towels & stuff them under the earpads. this is called the paper towel towel mod & you can prob find more detailed instructions in this thread, but it's really simple & you can really just do it however you want. i personally found a gain of maybe 2-3mm with this mod.

if you are talking about discomfort from the driver pressing up against your ears, then the only way they are going to be more comfy is if you can get the driver off your ears. otherwise, you really won't get used to it. however, you can wear em for shorter duration and take em off before the discomfort sets in.

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #18,185 of 23,366

the only other trick is to roll up paper towels & stuff them under the earpads. this is called the paper towel towel mod & you can prob find more detailed instructions in this thread, but it's really simple & you can really just do it however you want. i personally found a gain of maybe 2-3mm with this mod.

if you are talking about discomfort from the driver pressing up against your ears, then the only way they are going to be more comfy is if you can get the driver off your ears. otherwise, you really won't get used to it. however, you can wear em for shorter duration and take em off before the discomfort sets in.

do the XL pads help with this?

Jan 21, 2014 at 10:21 PM Post #18,186 of 23,366
  do the XL pads help with this?

yea the XL pads are a much bigger improvement. the stock earpads are about 14-15mm deep. the XL pads I think are 20mm-ish deep.

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:53 PM Post #18,187 of 23,366
I wish V-MODA would quit toying with me with all their contests to win M-100s haha. I keep entering and crossing my fingers, but then I don't win and then I am mad that I could have just bought them already. 

Now I just have to figure out what to get engraved on my shields. 

Jan 22, 2014 at 8:54 AM Post #18,188 of 23,366

New shields with XL pads

Hadn't seen that combination and assumed it wouldn't work; nice to be proved wrong and to see that it does.  I'd fancy a goblet of Bordeaux while sporting those.

(I'd have thought "they" called you Mister Moron out of respect!)

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:14 PM Post #18,189 of 23,366
Hi,

I got my M-100's (Shadow) last week, and the XL pads arrived yesterday. I got the grey pads for the immediate shipping as opposed to waiting 2 months. What can I say? I've been spoiled by the memory foam pads on my KNS-8400's. The greys are close in shade to the gunmetal shields which I'll be ordering custom in a few weeks. Pictures once I get them. Red pads to match the Shadow trim would be cool.

The XL pads really are significantly deeper than the stock pads. My ears protrude quite a bit and the stock pads with rope trick still put some pressure on them. The XL pads are easily half again deeper so now my ears just barely touch the liner.

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #18,191 of 23,366
Hey guys my m100s broke. What do I need to do to replace them?

Do I have to pay for anything?

Can I choose a different color headphone?

Umm...call the company.  Depending who's fault it is that they broke, you'll have to pay for 50% of the replacement if it was your fault...so $150.

Moral of the story.  Don't break your headphones.

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #18,193 of 23,366

Uh second day and the mic just kinda fell apart...

Contact customer service. Likely they'll ask for the cable and send you a new one. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back