V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #18,166 of 23,366
I should also add that I LOVE the details and dynamics of the m50, simply incredible. I don't wanna lose any of that switching.

Also, I heard talks about a new V-Moda product. Does anyone know what these new headphones are supposed to be aimed towards and the price range?

Another things, the Crossfade LP is on sale for 80 on amazon.ca. How do they compare to the M100 and M50?

the LP is very very very bass heavy. Basically for extreme bassheads who don't mind a bass bleeding into the other frequencies and recessed-mids.

The M100 is has nicer sound quality in general compared to the LP. Also, v-shaped sound sig but less intense V and better resolution/detail.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #18,167 of 23,366
  the LP is very very very bass heavy. Basically for extreme bassheads who don't mind a bass bleeding into the other frequencies and recessed-mids.

The M100 is has nicer sound quality in general compared to the LP. Also, v-shaped sound sig but less intense V and better resolution/detail.

LP doesn't have V-shape at all, that's more like "\"-shape, highs very veiled even compared to the mids making the mids overly mushy but still reasonably present but just not very clear sounding but both mids and highs take a backseat compared to the bass. The boosted highs versus LP1 & LP2 in M100 is especially what makes the mids clearer sounding. When I had LP2 I had to boost the highs +3.5dB at 8kHz and +5.5dB at 16kHz to clear up the mids and get the mids & highs somewhat in balance.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:19 AM Post #18,168 of 23,366
  LP doesn't have V-shape at all, that's more like "\"-shape, highs very veiled even compared to the mids making the mids overly mushy but still reasonably present but just not very clear sounding but both mids and highs take a backseat compared to the bass. The boosted highs versus LP1 & LP2 in M100 is especially what makes the mids clearer sounding. When I had LP2 I had to boost the highs +3.5dB at 8kHz and +5.5dB at 16kHz to clear up the mids and get the mids & highs somewhat in balance.

hahahah yes. that is actually more accurate description of the LPs. The bass is insanely boosted. the mids and the treble are kind of recessed. I think I remember reading somewhere that it has somewhere along the lines of a 15-20dB bass boost.

lol i didn't even bother with EQ. just put it back in the box & returned em. I actually was lucky because I had the M100 & the LPs at the same time so I could compare em directly. the m100 did win out, but if you are tight for money & really like bass, the LPs pretty nice basshead pair for the price.

Jan 18, 2014 at 11:31 AM Post #18,169 of 23,366
  hahahah yes. that is actually more accurate description of the LPs. The bass is insanely boosted. the mids and the treble are kind of recessed. I think I remember reading somewhere that it has somewhere along the lines of a 15-20dB bass boost.

It's about ~15dB (peak) boost, that's roughly where the most extreme basshead headphones tend to lie. comparably M100 has 9~10dB (peak) boost but it also has higher elevated highs which also makes it seem less bass heavy (the more you cut out one range, the more presence the rest of the range gets). M80 is about ~6dB (peak) boost.

Jan 19, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #18,170 of 23,366
Hi.... I'm new to this community. So, I got a M-100 as a New Year present and Yesterday, I was tweaking my EQ on my phone, increasing the bass and i heard a rattle in the right earcup. My old Crossfade had this problem too. I'm using Poweramp with NOOZXOIDE. Any clues?

Jan 20, 2014 at 12:39 PM Post #18,172 of 23,366
  Hi.... I'm new to this community. So, I got a M-100 as a New Year present and Yesterday, I was tweaking my EQ on my phone, increasing the bass and i heard a rattle in the right earcup. My old Crossfade had this problem too. I'm using Poweramp with NOOZXOIDE. Any clues?

congartulations! i dont know what "NOOZXOIDE" is, but i too use poweramp when on the go with the m-100, heres a pic of the setting i use:

notice how for every boost i make, i also cut the "preamp". thats one of the ways to eq. if you only boost, it can induce "clipping" which may be that rattling your talking about. it can also be a defected driver - but i wouldnt know anything about that.

with this setting ive boosted the bass, mostly the lower end of it, and ive reduced the highs. as someone has mentioned, the m-100 have a peak at ~10KHz. ive also found a smaller peak at ~7.6KHz. im sensitive to highs and so i try to eq the peaks down, but most people dont need to.

Jan 21, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #18,174 of 23,366
A discovery:

Even within the cocoon-like confines of the M-100 hard case, the ejection feature remains functional. What a surprise it was to find my headphones off their hinges upon releasing them from their overnight confinement. A drop, under proper conditions, will spring your headphones free making Gravity a larger threat to Sandra Bullock than to your music listening.

Jan 21, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #18,176 of 23,366
Just bought these and they sound great. However, my ears just don't fit properly inside the cups lol. If I let the top and end of my sit between the leather cup and my head the seal isn't perfect.if I let my ear go inside and go in between the driver and pad then it hurts. What should I do? Send it back to amazon or will it get better?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back