V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM Post #17,956 of 23,366
On my radar, as are many other things.  
biggrin.gif

Dec 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #17,957 of 23,366
https://soundcloud.com/psychogenetix/swept-away

[COLOR=0000FF]Here's another track I made, mastered and mixed using my M-100's! That's why it should be the most enjoyable on them.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=0000FF]If you like, listen to my other stuff too, though I don't guarantee you'll find anything very similar as I change genres practically every track.[/COLOR]

Your work is awesome! Would love to hear more. What do you use to make your tracks?

Dec 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #17,958 of 23,366

Honestly, I'd keep the M-100 over the TH900. I wasn't too impressed by it for being 5 times the price of the M-100 and far more fragile. But that might just be me. I enjoyed the Alpha Dog much more than the TH900 despite the TH900 having more air.

Dec 21, 2013 at 1:06 AM Post #17,959 of 23,366
Honestly, I'd keep the M-100 over the TH900. I wasn't too impressed by it for being 5 times the price of the M-100 and far more fragile. But that might just be me. I enjoyed the Alpha Dog much more than the TH900 despite the TH900 having more air.

I can also semi-vouch for this. When I heard the TH900, although sounding pretty good, the price just did not justify for the difference that separates the M100 from something like the Th900. The TH600's for example, besides a few things, such as higher quality bass and a bit more air and expansion in soundstage, they won't differ all that much to make you want to pull out your wallet and pay the price (unless you're loaded/a high-roller). 

Dec 21, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #17,960 of 23,366
  I can also semi-vouch for this. When I heard the TH900, although sounding pretty good, the price just did not justify for the difference that separates the M100 from something like the Th900. The TH600's for example, besides a few things, such as higher quality bass and a bit more air and expansion in soundstage, they won't differ all that much to make you want to pull out your wallet and pay the price (unless you're loaded/a high-roller). 

well for luxury high-end bassier headphones, they seem to be few & far between. i've heard of the ultrasone pro dj $1k vs. th9000 $1.5k & that seems to be it. and I guess the old dennon line. obviously none of the offerings are twice as good as the M100, but then again even most neutral high-end headphones aren't twice as good as mid-fi headphones due to diminishing returns for the price:performance. hahah the TH900 is my dream headphones, but it is unlikely i'll ever be baller enough to worth justifying droppin more than a g on a pair of headphones.

what equipment did you run the th900 out of when you demoed em?

Dec 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #17,961 of 23,366

well for luxury high-end bassier headphones, they seem to be few & far between. i've heard of the ultrasone pro dj $1k vs. th9000 $1.5k & that seems to be it. and I guess the old dennon line. obviously none of the offerings are twice as good as the M100, but then again even most neutral high-end headphones aren't twice as good as mid-fi headphones due to diminishing returns for the price:performance. hahah the TH900 is my dream headphones, but it is unlikely i'll ever be baller enough to worth justifying droppin more than a g on a pair of headphones.

what equipment did you run the th900 out of when you demoed em?

Yeah, they're never really twice as good as what you could get for a few hundred.. Don't get me wrong, however, I still would love a pair of TH600 or TH900's if I could, but I constantly question myself if it's worth it, or is that $1.5+ better off elsewhere. 

I was running the DX50+C5 when I used it, but my demoing of that pair (roughly 3-5 minutes) came to an end when the headphones started to cut out in the Right side, so I could not demo them with the Bottlehead SEX, or any other bigger amps. But from what I heard with my little setup, they were something different from my usual, so that's a plus. I wish I could have auditioned them with heaps of other gear if they had not died so soon.

Dec 21, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #17,962 of 23,366
Hi guys,

I have the v-moda m100 since  few months, and I have a minor problems with them, i'm worried. I wonder if this is only the mine or if it's similar to all the m100 headphones.

The headphone parts move on the base, which is a bit annoying when I move, because I felt this little movement. And one side does not the "clic" sound when i fold/unfold

Little photo :

Thanks

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #17,963 of 23,366
  Hi guys,

I have the v-moda m100 since  few months, and I have a minor problems with them, i'm worried. I wonder if this is only the mine or if it's similar to all the m100 headphones.

The headphone parts move on the base, which is a bit annoying when I move, because I felt this little movement. And one side does not the "clic" sound when i fold/unfold

Little photo :

Thanks

The movement in the base is normal and mine stopped clicking on one side also.

I think the movement or play in the base area is there so that the cups can be released under stress rather than having them break off.  I don't notice is when I move around (probably because i'm lost in the music).

To get the hinge to click again you just have to tighten the nuts on the hinge.

Hope this helps,

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #17,965 of 23,366
  I spied a shortened M-100 commercial on crunchyroll.com 
biggrin.gif

lol... install adblock plus for your browser dude.

commercials are annoying

Dec 21, 2013 at 8:57 AM Post #17,967 of 23,366
  But then I would've never seen Val's work! 
biggrin.gif

Commercials on-demand at youtube is much betta than suffering thro random commercials interrupting you for that amazing V-Moda commercial
tongue.gif

btw off-topic: but what anime were you watching? lol

Dec 21, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #17,968 of 23,366
  The movement in the base is normal and mine stopped clicking on one side also.

I think the movement or play in the base area is there so that the cups can be released under stress rather than having them break off.  I don't notice is when I move around (probably because i'm lost in the music).

To get the hinge to click again you just have to tighten the nuts on the hinge.

Hope this helps,

Thanks, so the movement/play in the base area is normal, I was already thinking to return it, but now no.
:wink:

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:35 AM Post #17,970 of 23,366
It snowed in the area over night so busses are on the snow routes with snow chains on the wheels.

Faders + M-100 with XL pads
All I hear is the rumble/low-frequency sounds of the engine and road noise from the snow chains. I can't hear any of my music. T_T

What little I can hear becomes instantly distorted as a result of the noise.

Without the Faders, I can actually listen to my music just fine (no, or much less distortion) despite having noise from other frequencies in the background.

And only using the Faders, I can hear the engine/snow chain sounds, but it seems more quiet than with the Faders + M-100 with XL pads (which is basically the only thing I hear with that combo, the low-frequencies), and the fan/heater sounds (which just sounds like a waterfall/brown noise to me).

Weird indeed.

yea i gave the faders+m100 a try on a long bus ride and i had the same result - mother of ear splitting bass but not much else. i found myself actually lowering the bass via eq (when i usually do the opposite) but still, all i heard was a painfully massive low end and everything else was muffled...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back