V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 22, 2013 at 11:05 AM Post #17,987 of 23,366
   Well still have the problem even with the adapter cables :frowning2:  ....... I tried the adapter cable that came with my HD650s

How about the VoIP adapter?

Dec 23, 2013 at 7:42 AM Post #17,988 of 23,366
Dec 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #17,989 of 23,366

I own both the TH900 and M100 and for PORTABLE use the M100 is the way to go hands down. 

Other than that I reach for the TH900 every time. 

Agreed, I'm excited to hear this as I also have the M-100s(and like them very much). Do they sound anything alike? I'm still reading impressions and haven't quite gotten a picture of their signature yet...

seems like you prefer the increase in bass quantity/reverb provided by closed-sounding headphones over the increased airiness & sound stage of open-sounding.

if you ever get $1,000 to throw down on headphones, you should check out the ultrasone pro dj. lots of bassheads seem to love it!

That's is where I'm at now...was thinking they would be like a total upgrade to the Pro900 when I bought the Sig DJ. It's definitely more refined but the bass isn't as meaty...ah well, it's still very good, just need to spend more time listening. Currently the C300 is satisfying my cravings...probably the most fun I've had with an IEM yet.

what about the fostex th600
smily_headphones1.gif

I really need to look into these more...everyone seems to love the TH900(which is why I set my sights on it). Considering its price I figure it's probably going to be my favorite headphone but I'll likely have to sell a lot of gear to afford it.

Dec 24, 2013 at 8:41 AM Post #17,991 of 23,366
Agreed, I'm excited to hear this as I also have the M-100s(and like them very much). Do they sound anything alike? I'm still reading impressions and haven't quite gotten a picture of their

The M-100 and TH900 are completely different and it's hard to describe. Fostex can has rather large soundstage, visceral bass depth, comfort in droves, not to mention looks.

Not fair to the M-100 to compare them. :D

Dec 24, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #17,993 of 23,366
not to mention 1300 dollars, not even considering you need to buy an amp and dac for them :)

True about the price for sure. Not about the expensive amp and DAC. I'm thrilled with a NuForce uDac2 feeding a Kenwood vintage amp out of an HP netbook. They are not like an HE-6 where you need hella power to make them sing.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:06 AM Post #17,995 of 23,366
hi guys, I just got my m100 delivered to me yesterday and I tried them on right away. The sound did not disappoint me at all!However, my friend next to me said the sound leaked a little and as I was listening a high pitched vocal, he said he could hear every word she was singing. My volume was only set to about 50%. Is it because m100 doesn't isolate sound very well or mine is defected?

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #17,996 of 23,366
hi guys, I just got my m100 delivered to me yesterday and I tried them on right away. The sound did not disappoint me at all!However, my friend next to me said the sound leaked a little and as I was listening a high pitched vocal, he said he could hear every word she was singing. My volume was only set to about 50%. Is it because m100 doesn't isolate sound very well or mine is defected?

50% is a bit high, but I do think it is normal.

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #17,997 of 23,366

They're not defective.  They're just not the greatest at isolating, or well, the reverse of that.  

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #17,998 of 23,366

they have vents to make the sound sound a bit more open, (i think) so they leak a bit more

Dec 24, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #17,999 of 23,366

They need some though, so thats gonna make for like 300 bucks atleast, whereas the m100 are fine without any :)

false: you can actually find quality equipment from $100-$200. example: $200 audio-gd nfb 12 dac/amp (w/ ESS sabre's flagship ES9018 dac chip)

unfortunately, i had the same experience. i was using them at the library & i listen at very very low volume, and all my friends were saying that they leak really badly compared to their Beats. ...they were right
frown.gif
 but they did say the m100s sounded nicer 
biggrin.gif

the m100s do have sound leakage. anyone who tries to tell you otherwise has never used em in a medschool library lol.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:22 PM Post #18,000 of 23,366
The M-100 and TH900 are completely different and it's hard to describe. Fostex can has rather large soundstage, visceral bass depth, comfort in droves, not to mention looks.

Not fair to the M-100 to compare them.
biggrin.gif

An unfair comparison, just as I had imagined :p

So how's the quantity of bass? I'm guessing it isn't at Pro900 levels...still, if it's even remotely similar I might need to start preparing my wallet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back