V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 19, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #17,926 of 23,366
I just received my Amazon replacement and I'm glad to say they don't have a broken wing plate or anything else wrong physically
biggrin.gif
. I haven't tried them out yet though. I'll have to do that a bit later.

Good to hear.  I have opened quite a few pairs and have only run across this issue once, so I don't think it's very common.  

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:23 AM Post #17,927 of 23,366

so the lp/lp2 pads do fit?

should fit. miceblue has an image of M100 w/ white pads: http://www.head-fi.org/products/v-moda-crossfade-m-100/reviews/7820

Yup they do fit.

Keep in mind that not all earpads are the same though. My white LP/LP2 earpads were a bit stiffer and less squishy than the stock M-100 grey earpads, so they actually fit me better and they changed the sound a little to be more balanced-sounding.

XL pads get squashed w/ m100s and result in noise not being cancellated.
Resolution:
Run your thumb around the inside of the pad. It'll wide out the interior of the pad. Could also get wiring.

Dec 20, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #17,928 of 23,366
Also, V-Moda are selling Verified like new M100s. About time.
Also, like apple, but unlike Apple, V-Moda use old or returned copies as 'repairs'. V-Moda can't do what apple do (give you a brand new product) so they use verified like new and give it the whole sealed box experience.
I don't mind, my headphones show a little consemic damage when first had (debatable wether I caused it) but core what matters is the sound.

In my opinion, Val should scrap the shiny glossy metal. I mean, it looks good but the whole thing is a scratch magnet. I have to put it on soft surfaces so it won't scratch.

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #17,929 of 23,366
hey guys, bought m100's recently.. i like the sound, getting used to it, the design is good too. love the fabric cables, dont know why :D
but the comfort for me is terrible.. the headphones press too hard :frowning2: 
so im thinking about XL pads.. will they make them more comfy? i really cant listen more than 40-60 minutes :frowning2:

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #17,930 of 23,366
  hey guys, bought m100's recently.. i like the sound, getting used to it, the design is good too. love the fabric cables, dont know why :D
so im thinking about XL pads.. will they make them more comfy? i really cant listen more than 40-60 minutes :frowning2:

yes. get it.

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:29 AM Post #17,931 of 23,366

if your problem is the driver pressing against your ear than yes, it will probably

Dec 20, 2013 at 8:39 AM Post #17,932 of 23,366

if your problem is the driver pressing against your ear than yes, it will probably

Get the XL pads and bend the headband over 180 degrees multiple times to loosen it up.

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #17,933 of 23,366
Definitely bend the headband out until it's straight. Don't worry, you won't break it....

Do that for several days and you'll get them broken in. At first mine were slightly uncomfortable and now I can easily wear them all day. I ended up switching back to the regular pads although the XL pads are definitely more comfortable.

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #17,934 of 23,366
Definitely bend the headband out until it's straight. Don't worry, you won't break it....

Do that for several days and you'll get them broken in. At first mine were slightly uncomfortable and now I can easily wear them all day. I ended up switching back to the regular pads although the XL pads are definitely more comfortable.

why did you switch back? :)

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #17,935 of 23,366
So I've discovered the best source for my M100s.And no amp needed!My Cowon S9 with my V-Moda M100 sound superb.Especially listening to Fischerspooner's #1.The bass is just WOW!Soundstage is also great.But I think the XL pads I just received have increased the soundstage.

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #17,936 of 23,366
[quote name="Aerathion"

why did you switch back? :)
[/quote]

I have the white M100's and I like the look of the white pads much better. Also I can hear and feel a little more bass impact with the regular pads as opposed to the XL pads. It's not a huge difference but I really wasn't having comfort issues anyway.

Dec 20, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #17,938 of 23,366
It snowed in the area over night so busses are on the snow routes with snow chains on the wheels.

Faders + M-100 with XL pads
All I hear is the rumble/low-frequency sounds of the engine and road noise from the snow chains. I can't hear any of my music. T_T

What little I can hear becomes instantly distorted as a result of the noise.

Without the Faders, I can actually listen to my music just fine (no, or much less distortion) despite having noise from other frequencies in the background.

And only using the Faders, I can hear the engine/snow chain sounds, but it seems more quiet than with the Faders + M-100 with XL pads (which is basically the only thing I hear with that combo, the low-frequencies), and the fan/heater sounds (which just sounds like a waterfall/brown noise to me).

Weird indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back