V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Dec 16, 2013 at 10:16 PM Post #17,897 of 23,366
It's normal. I have a fleece blanket and every time I crawl into bed and put on my M-100 I get shocked. It's especially prevalent during this dry New York winter.

Dec 16, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #17,898 of 23,366
nahhh man... totally not normal... i think you guys all have electricity super powers!!! 

quick grab a quarter 
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 17, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #17,900 of 23,366
When it gets cold here during winter in Finland (we're talking like -10C and colder) and the air gets very dry (it tends to do so in my room as I don't like having too warm room), I also get zapped randomly by my Q40 haha. Such as unpleasent experience. ^^

*keeps jamming to the music* ZAP *oh ****, jumps up in the chair*

The ZAP is certainly felt xD

Then again I always get zapped by my co-workers car door, maybe I'm just full of static. :p

Dec 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #17,901 of 23,366
My ear just got electric shocked by my M100. I was listening to music and then heard a buzz sound from the left driver and there was a little electric shock on my left ear. This may be related to the hissing sound i talked about. Anyone had this issue?

I do, but only while plugged into certain amps.  I can cause it to happen any time I shuffle my feet on the floor while sitting at my desk.  It happens with other cans as well, just not as obvious.  I think it has something to with with how close the metal grilles sit to your ear while wearing them.  Also seems to be related to which amp I am plugged into, so there may be some sort of grounding relation.  I am no EE.  

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:27 PM Post #17,906 of 23,366
Received my V moda M 100 today but have a problem with the cable lead socket part...
When the socket part of the 3.5mm is plugged all the way into my sound card or amp it makes a weird noise like only half the music is only heard.......really bad echo reverb kinder noise and low volume....half the  music missing!

If I pull the socket out just a tiny bit I can get normal sound...... All the way in is bad....This is not fun with the Vali amp as you getting ringing with the tubes its a nightmare,, I've tried it with 2 soundcards (zxr and prelude and Vali amp

This can't be right! ??? all this build quality let down by a poxy lead

Dec 17, 2013 at 4:40 PM Post #17,907 of 23,366
Make sure the plug from the headphone end actually clicks into place, and the sound card end could be slightly out of spec.

Dec 17, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #17,908 of 23,366
  Received my V moda M 100 today but have a problem with the cable lead socket part...
When the socket part of the 3.5mm is plugged all the way into my sound card or amp it makes a weird noise like only half the music is only heard.......really bad echo reverb kinder noise and low volume....half the  music missing!

If I pull the socket out just a tiny bit I can get normal sound...... All the way in is bad....This is not fun with the Vali amp as you getting ringing with the tubes its a nightmare,, I've tried it with 2 soundcards (zxr and prelude and Vali amp

This can't be right! ??? all this build quality let down by a poxy lead

Are you using the SpeakEasy cable with its 4-contact plug going into the soundcard/amp? What happens if you use a standard 3-contact plug instead (e.g. like the ones the SharePlay and Audio Only cables have)?

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #17,909 of 23,366
it happens  with both the supplied cables ... :frowning2:   When I use the 6.4mm adaptor into the back of soundcard amp and the creative ACM  it works but  if I touch it move the cable goes funny.... Very sensitive the sound goes weird,  I have to fiddle with it
Also using the smaller 3.4mm socket into the Creative soundards "Accessible Audio Control Module"  (ACM) its really bad.... the worse. I have to pull it out a little.
I've not got any other cables to test :frowning2:
They sound good though :) pretty impressed

Dec 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #17,910 of 23,366
  it happens  with both the supplied cables ... :frowning2:   When I use the 6.4mm adaptor into the back of soundcard amp and the creative ACM  it works but  if I touch it move the cable goes funny.... Very sensitive the sound goes weird,  I have to fiddle with it
Also using the smaller 3.4mm socket into the Creative soundards "Accessible Audio Control Module"  (ACM) its really bad.... the worse. I have to pull it out a little.
I've not got any other cables to test :frowning2:
They sound good though :) pretty impressed

It maybe the sound card ports are slightly out of specs.  Do you have the same problem with other devices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back