V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 24, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #17,581 of 23,366
It is heavier than the headphones themselves but  I really like the CoilPro, doesn't make my head lean to one side though? :/ 

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:12 AM Post #17,582 of 23,366
It is heavier than the headphones themselves but  I really like the CoilPro, doesn't make my head lean to one side though? :/ 

Using it on the LP2s does though lol

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #17,583 of 23,366

I recently had the same problem, as have many others.  I consider it the weak link in the durability chain of the M-100.  They have been backordered on this part for months.  Contact V-Moda directly and let them know if they don't have a replacement wingplate, you want replacement headphones.  V-Moda really needs to address this issue.

anyone had any luck with this?

http://imgur.com/pcbYlBt

Nov 25, 2013 at 3:52 AM Post #17,584 of 23,366

anyone had any luck with this?

http://imgur.com/pcbYlBt

Despite what V-Moda says, this has been the biggest quality issue with the M-100 based on feedback here from multiple owners, including first-hand experience.  The problem I see is that the wingplate is an area of high impact and pressure in a VERY tight-fitting case.  The material is too rigid and since it can't bend, it breaks.  These should either be metal or rubber, not plastic.  V-Moda really needs to examine and seriously consider a new way of producing these wingplates.

I would contact V-Moda and let them know if they can't send you a simple wingplate replacement set, then you want a replacement headphone at their expense for shipping.

Nov 25, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #17,585 of 23,366
Thanks, Craigster. I must agree.. my set broke even though they've been meticulously cared for. Pretty disappointing.

Last I contacted V-moda via email, they wanted me to ship the headphones in so they could determine if it's covered by warranty. Sounded like ******** so I didn't do it. Will call them today.

Anyone successfully received a new pair? Or at least replacement wingplates?

Nov 25, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #17,586 of 23,366
  Despite what V-Moda says, this has been the biggest quality issue with the M-100 based on feedback here from multiple owners, including first-hand experience.  The problem I see is that the wingplate is an area of high impact and pressure in a VERY tight-fitting case.  The material is too rigid and since it can't bend, it breaks.  These should either be metal or rubber, not plastic.  V-Moda really needs to examine and seriously consider a new way of producing these wingplates.

I would contact V-Moda and let them know if they can't send you a simple wingplate replacement set, then you want a replacement headphone at their expense for shipping.

I would agree.  Not sure why this piece wasn't made from metal.  I wonder if XS will use the same part.  I haven't had the issue, but I haven't used one continuous model for long enough to to really consider my usage as valid data.    

Nov 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #17,587 of 23,366
Thanks, Craigster. I must agree.. my set broke even though they've been meticulously cared for. Pretty disappointing.

Last I contacted V-moda via email, they wanted me to ship the headphones in so they could determine if it's covered by warranty. Sounded like ******** so I didn't do it. Will call them today.

Anyone successfully received a new pair? Or at least replacement wingplates?

I did the same, they wanted me to pay to ship them so I just kept them.

Nov 25, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #17,588 of 23,366
hey guys, if there is anyone interested in getting a pair of V-Moda M100s at a discount, massdrop has them on sale - $240. may not come in the cool v-moda packaging (casio packaging I heard) and may not have a product registration card.

just fyi. happy holidays.

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #17,589 of 23,366
  hey guys, if there is anyone interested in getting a pair of V-Moda M100s at a discount, massdrop has them on sale - $240. may not come in the cool v-moda packaging (casio packaging I heard) and may not have a product registration card.

Massdrop is taboo on Head-fi from what I've heard. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #17,590 of 23,366

Not the original packaging and no registration card? Does that not make you think fake the first second you read that?

C'mon. 

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #17,592 of 23,366
They've done this before.  They are likely not fake, but good luck with warranty.  

You're probably right, I have no experience with the site. I am overly-cautious with all of my tech warranties, as well, though, so if it sounds fake to me than I stray away from it. GLHF on that site lol.

I actually went on eBay and tirelessly tracked down a pair that I could confirm were real. After inquiring on probably 30+ listings on both head-fi and eBay, I finally found a guy that would send me his Amazon receipt, which allowed me to confidently bid on the cans. I picked them up $225 shipped (along with eBay's fantastic buyer protection), and I successfully registered them under my name the day I got them with the included registration card (he had them for 3 weeks). Basically, if you're trying to save a buck, stay patient and do it like I did. It definitely pays off. I'm loving my M100s.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #17,593 of 23,366
You're probably right, I have no experience with the site. I am overly-cautious with all of my tech warranties, as well, though, so if it sounds fake to me than I stray away from it. GLHF on that site lol.

I actually went on eBay and tirelessly tracked down a pair that I could confirm were real. After inquiring on probably 30+ listings on both head-fi and eBay, I finally found a guy that would send me his Amazon receipt, which allowed me to confidently bid on the cans. I picked them up $225 shipped (along with eBay's fantastic buyer protection), and I successfully registered them under my name the day I got them with the included registration card (he had them for 3 weeks). Basically, if you're trying to save a buck, stay patient and do it like I did. It definitely pays off. I'm loving my M100s.

mmm... the product isn't fake, they get the items from v-moda in bulk so it's different packaging. I've purchased the m100 a few times before, once from v-moda direct when they first came out, and once from another seller on amazon & they never came w/ a product registration card/SN sticker. dunno what's up w/ that. I'm actually kinda curious about the product registration card & SN sticker b/c I've never seen em on any of the V-Moda's I had.

sry if massdrop is an inappropriate topic to bring up. I know it's not allowed on the Deals threads but I rmb discovering the website from head-fi discussion, so I figured it'll be alright. cheers.

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #17,594 of 23,366
mmm... the product isn't fake, they get the items from v-moda in bulk so it's different packaging. I've purchased the m100 a few times before, once from v-moda direct when they first came out, and once from another seller on amazon & they never came w/ a product registration card/SN sticker. dunno what's up w/ that. I'm actually kinda curious about the product registration card & SN sticker b/c I've never seen em on any of the V-Moda's I had.

sry if massdrop is an inappropriate topic to bring up. I know it's not allowed on the Deals threads but I rmb discovering the website from head-fi discussion, so I figured it'll be alright. cheers.

Both the serial number sticker and the registration card came with my M100s. Pretty weird that you have bought some without them!

Nov 25, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #17,595 of 23,366
Both the serial number sticker and the registration card came with my M100s. Pretty weird that you have bought some without them!

yea, it seems like all the m100 shld come w/ the SN sticker & registration card now. dunno how i never seen em as i've owned 4 pairs of v-moda headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back