V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Nov 22, 2013 at 9:04 AM Post #17,551 of 23,366
hi guys, new owner of m100 here. i think this headphone is pretty amazing. however, IMO this headphone doesn't suit me and i checked that v-moda has 60 days test drive guarantee, does anyone know what this is and is there any chance for me to return my headphone and be able to get back the cash as i probably will get a sennheiser momentum. cheers

How new is new? Don't judge a book by its cover. You burn in the headphone first. Then you use an EQ to make the best sound for you.

I agree the Momentums are more crisp - but not as good as the M100s.

Nov 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #17,552 of 23,366
So the BoomPro mic is STILL!!!!!! not available in Europe as far as I know. Anyone know of a suitable alternative? I'm sure I've seen someone post before something that looked a lot like it available from a third party, same setup as the V-Moda one, where it plugs into the headset itself?

Nov 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM Post #17,553 of 23,366
So the BoomPro mic is STILL!!!!!! not available in Europe as far as I know. Anyone know of a suitable alternative? I'm sure I've seen someone post before something that looked a lot like it available from a third party, same setup as the V-Moda one, where it plugs into the headset itself?

Beyer do one for COP but much more $.
http://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/shop/custom-headset-gear.html
I didn't notice it. Saying that I'm using the XLs on my LP2s, m100s are at V-MODA for repair.
I'd check the difference but cbf taking pads off for the 10th time and damaging the pads more.

Sell me your XL pads? :basshead:
hehe, keeping them a while longer. Probably a good backup to have too

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:23 AM Post #17,554 of 23,366
If you got it from am authorized retailer and it's been less than 60 days, you can return it to them for a full refund. Check for the procedure on their website. You can also see if where you bought it from is authorized on their website.

i bought it form amazon which is an authorized retailers. do you mean return it to amazon or to v-moda ? because amazon will only return 80% of my money in which i'll lose about $60-70
How new is new? Don't judge a book by its cover. You burn in the headphone first. Then you use an EQ to make the best sound for you.

I agree the Momentums are more crisp - but not as good as the M100s.

I've never liked to EQ my headphone, I tend to leave it flat as let the audio peripherals play its true sound nature. Yes, M100 is good but the genre in which M100 isn't all the genres i'm listening too, val said it himself that it is a modeophile headphone, on the other hand i listen to both old and new age songs so i really need a flat, accurate, fun sounding headphone

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #17,558 of 23,366
  In general, I would advise trying the retailer first in all cases.  If they say no, you can always go to V-MODA.  

the thing is that amazon would only return 80% of the money where as v-moda would return 100% of it. I wouldn't even try amazon knowing i'll lose some of it, but the question is can i still return it to v-moda despite buying it from amazon

Nov 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM Post #17,559 of 23,366
the thing is that amazon would only return 80% of the money where as v-moda would return 100% of it. I wouldn't even try amazon knowing i'll lose some of it, but the question is can i still return it to v-moda despite buying it from amazon

I'm pretty sure V-Moda has sent some paperwork with the headphone that tells you to return directly to V-Moda, not the retailer. I would check my own, but I'm at school and across the country right now.

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #17,561 of 23,366

Is this really their policy?  Why are they only willing to return 80% credit?  Are they offering that to you because it is outside their return policy window?  If so, then obviously go through V-MODA.  

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #17,562 of 23,366
  Is this really their policy?  Why are they only willing to return 80% credit?  Are they offering that to you because it is outside their return policy window?  If so, then obviously go through V-MODA.  

i'm sorry i just checked amazon and 80% is actually for late return, amazon has 30 days policy if the condition is good, they would give 100% return 

Nov 22, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #17,563 of 23,366
I'm pretty sure V-Moda has sent some paperwork with the headphone that tells you to return directly to V-Moda, not the retailer. I would check my own, but I'm at school and across the country right now.

Manufacturers always do this.  Basically, they are trying to route any concerns through their call centers because they feel(and they are correct) they are better able to represent their product and thus avoid a return.  The only reason I recommend going through the retailer first is that it is typically quite a bit more convenient.  In the case of Amazon vs V-MODA I guess it is probably about the same, considering they both require shipping.  

Nov 22, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #17,564 of 23,366
Another phone I would laugh at considering is anything sol republic. Stopped in Target today for some stuff and checked out the Skull Candy Crushers which literally shake your face. Insane bass. Anyway picked up the SR Master tracks and whoa, another I wouldn't consider in VMODA territory, but for the price, damn good. Their comfort was awesome. Light weight and the ear pads are soft and squishy. The sound surprised me. Good bass and good clarity. For someone not wanting to spend $300 these are worth the $200 for sure, imo. For $250 you can get the Master Tracks XC by Calvin Harris. These sounded awesome to me. However, only being $50 away from the m100 for most the warranty, tank like build quality and 50% trade in on a broken pair would be worth the $50 upcharge for the m100.

But seeing how I have a $200 gift card to Target....hmmm?

Anyway, I don't see much of anything on this model and I'm surprised. Its a sleeper. I defintely am not a Sol Republic fan, but those were good.

That said, I bet I still order m100s.

Nov 23, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #17,565 of 23,366
Please forgive me if I repost something allready known here. The German HiFi Mag "Audio" reviewed the M100 recently and gave it a special recommendation for ... wait... "Neutral Sound" no kidding! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back