V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 11, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #13,801 of 23,366
Anyway Miceblue, I think you have just convinced me of probably switching to the white silver m100's. I hope V-MODA is willing to do the exchange. I am still with in the 60 day test drive. Do you really like the m100 in white, does it get dirty the material and also is the headband pleather like the matte black?

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #13,802 of 23,366
Quote:
Anyway Miceblue, I think you have just convinced me of probably switching to the white silver m100's. I hope V-MODA is willing to do the exchange. I am still with in the 60 day test drive. Do you really like the m100 in white, does it get dirty the material and also is the headband pleather like the matte black?

Yeah I'm really happy with the "white silver" colour. The white is an off-white as indicated earlier (pearl white, eggshell white, light crème) and I like that unique colour.

So far, the white pleather material on the headband (like the matte black) hasn't gotten very dirty at all, but the hard/soft plastic/foam material of the case has gotten dirty and especially around the zipper area.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:28 AM Post #13,803 of 23,366
Quote:

Nice pic SpiderNhan, did it take a lot of work to get the picture just right?

It was actually a happy accident. I was on my way to a comedy club and the rain came out of nowhere. When I got inside the club I just plopped them down on the table and noticed the awesome reflection and started snapping pics. I used Pixlr Express to do a little color saturation and blur effect. Overall, it took about 8 min. If only I had YOUR collection of gear to play with...

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #13,806 of 23,366
im too psyced to try it myself at the moment, but any thought on using the v-cork? looking at the charts from innerfidelity, all they seem to do is increase channel imbalance... is this noticeable?

Apr 11, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #13,807 of 23,366
I had the M-100's hooked to a friend's Bryston BHA-1 recently, and I have to say they scale pretty well. I went through a lot of headphones over the last couple of months and I keep coming back to these, they are a great value and I can't wait for the XL pads to be released.

Apr 11, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #13,808 of 23,366
Quote:
im too psyced to try it myself at the moment, but any thought on using the v-cork? looking at the charts from innerfidelity, all they seem to do is increase channel imbalance... is this noticeable?

confused_face_2.gif
  The V-cork is a unique feature for a dual-input headphone and its primary purpose is to minimize channel imbalance.  It will also keep dirt and debris out of the open jack.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:26 AM Post #13,809 of 23,366

I think you might be reading the plots in the wrong order. It's fairly clear that *with* the cork the two lines are closer together, specially between 100-1,000 Hz.

It's nothing amazing really - each earcup has a hole for connecting to thr cable. When you plug in the cable to one of them, you're basically blocking the hole on just one earcup. Without the v-cork the unplugged hole acts as a vent which is only on one side and not the other. The response if the driver unit/assembly bears a significant relationship to the amount/manner of venting its rear has to the surrounding. This will cause the two sides to respond differently, causing the imbalance. The cork makes the two sides more similar to each other acoustically, that's pretty much it. Nothing special, but clever, though.

Apr 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM Post #13,810 of 23,366

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/bassheads-delight-v-moda-crossfade-m-100

lol! i WAS reading them upside down! nevermind... i plugged it in and to hell with it. if nothing else it will keep the plug clean

Apr 11, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #13,812 of 23,366
Hehe, I guess a good thing about the M-100's treble is that it makes poorly mastered songs sound more acceptable.

Why? I just got the K-On history box and they sounded fine to me with the M-100...

Apr 11, 2013 at 5:04 PM Post #13,813 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
Hehe, I guess a good thing about the M-100's treble is that it makes poorly mastered songs sound more acceptable.

Why? I just got the K-On history box and they sounded fine to me with the M-100...

Oh, I was listening to the Limited Edition ED album with 4 songs.

The 3 CD "Come With Me!" live album sounds better. I don't want to open my album though since it's the limited edition as well so I can't analyze the file in Adobe Audition like above.

And I meant to say that the rolled-off treble of the M-100 makes listening to that song more enjoyable compared to headphones with better extension since there is a TON of high-energy treble in that particular track *as seen in the spectral analysis*.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #13,815 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm not trying to start a war here but speaking as someone whose heard a HE-500, LCD-2/3 as well as a Sennheiser HD800 and also a 650 Dale Thorns statement makes no sense and it sounds as if hes talking through his hat, the one he stole from the circus clown. Neutral high fidelity....there's nothing neutral about the M-100 sound, the sig is a colored sound. I love the M-100 to death but it doesn't even begin to compete with the tier of headphones I've mentioned. It's a good fun sounding mainstream consumer can but that's where it ends. Seriously guys, open your horizons and get some of those cans on your heads and see for yourself what all the fuss is about and let your ears be the judge. Get yourselves out to your local head-fi meets and experiment. It's actually a very fun time.
gs1000.gif
L3000.gif
darthsmile.gif
floatsmile.png

Ok.....I get your point. 

But I've been watching his youtube reviews for a long time and I think he knows his stuff. And his comment about the M-100 vs the HD800 is nothing compared to the big thread and hype created here about the Panasonic HTF-600, (which I admit I felt for it and got them) and ended up returning them after 5 days. Maybe the worst headphones I had in a while, even worst than the Skullcandy Uprock my son use to have. LoL!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back