V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Apr 10, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #13,786 of 23,366
Quote:
V-MODA actually calls it "white silver".

The M-80 is called "white pearl" on the other hand.

Oops my bad, I thought it was white pearl since it was the name of the lp and as you said m80.

Apr 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #13,790 of 23,366
Also Guys Look at this! Val and Tiesto and other DJ's messing around, this is crazy lol Val won like $7000 from a coin flip. Man I wish one day I could hang out with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZRved_e2Vc

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #13,795 of 23,366

And through a torrential Jersey rain I ran with my beloved so that we may later reflect upon that precipitous moment.

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #13,797 of 23,366
Quote:

This^^^

I just saw DaleThorn's review of the VERZA and he says its worth every penny. And yes, he tested it with the M-100 and iPhone/iPod Touch.

Edit:

Some major words from Dale, you be the judge:

"The v-moda M100 could change a lot of people's minds about what 'neutral high fidelity' should sound like, compared to the big shadows cast by headphones like the Sennheiser HD800. The HD800 may have greater detail when mated with an appropriate amp, but the M100 sounds better (hard to believe) because the treble is better balanced."

Quote:
Nice review from someone who knows their stuff.  This would be great to have on the Verza thread.

I'm not trying to start a war here but speaking as someone whose heard a HE-500, LCD-2/3 as well as a Sennheiser HD800 and also a 650 Dale Thorns statement makes no sense and it sounds as if hes talking through his hat, the one he stole from the circus clown. Neutral high fidelity....there's nothing neutral about the M-100 sound, the sig is a colored sound. I love the M-100 to death but it doesn't even begin to compete with the tier of headphones I've mentioned. It's a good fun sounding mainstream consumer can but that's where it ends. Seriously guys, open your horizons and get some of those cans on your heads and see for yourself what all the fuss is about and let your ears be the judge. Get yourselves out to your local head-fi meets and experiment. It's actually a very fun time.
gs1000.gif
L3000.gif
darthsmile.gif
floatsmile.png

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:50 AM Post #13,798 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:

This^^^

I just saw DaleThorn's review of the VERZA and he says its worth every penny. And yes, he tested it with the M-100 and iPhone/iPod Touch.

Edit:

Some major words from Dale, you be the judge:

"The v-moda M100 could change a lot of people's minds about what 'neutral high fidelity' should sound like, compared to the big shadows cast by headphones like the Sennheiser HD800. The HD800 may have greater detail when mated with an appropriate amp, but the M100 sounds better (hard to believe) because the treble is better balanced."

Quote:
Nice review from someone who knows their stuff.  This would be great to have on the Verza thread.

I'm not trying to start a war here but speaking as someone whose heard a HE-500, LCD-2/3 as well as a Sennheiser HD800 and also a 650 Dale Thorns statement makes no sense and it sounds as if hes talking through his hat, the one he stole from the circus clown. I love the M-100 to death but it doesn't even begin to compete with the tier of headphones I've mentioned. It's a good fun sounding mainstream consumer can but that's where it ends. Seriously guys, open your horizons and get some of those cans on your heads and see for yourself what all the fuss is about. Get yourselves out to your local head-fi meets and experiment. It's actually a very fun time.

.......and so the legacy of the SRH940 vs HD800 continues. >:D
:popcorn:

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #13,799 of 23,366
Quote:
.......and so the legacy of the SRH940 vs HD800 continues. >:D
:popcorn:

Lol, I can't comment on the SRH940 my friend I've never had the chance to hear it. Considering you own a pair you're the expert in that area my young friend

Nice pic SpiderNhan, did it take a lot of work to get the picture just right?

Apr 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #13,800 of 23,366
Quote:

I'm not trying to start a war here but speaking as someone whose heard a HE-500, LCD-2/3 as well as a Sennheiser HD800 and also a 650 Dale Thorns statement makes no sense and it sounds as if hes talking through his hat, the one he stole from the circus clown. Neutral high fidelity....there's nothing neutral about the M-100 sound, the sig is a colored sound. I love the M-100 to death but it doesn't even begin to compete with the tier of headphones I've mentioned. It's a good fun sounding mainstream consumer can but that's where it ends. Seriously guys, open your horizons and get some of those cans on your heads and see for yourself what all the fuss is about and let your ears be the judge. Get yourselves out to your local head-fi meets and experiment. It's actually a very fun time.
gs1000.gif
L3000.gif
darthsmile.gif
floatsmile.png

He eq's it so it would be neutral, he is mentions that in the review. It sounds more neutral in my opinion to the m80 when eq'd, but I may be wrong. Still a young and new audiophile as you may say :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back