V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Feb 7, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #12,181 of 23,366
Quote:
thx alot i made them high resolution my self
is this design good enough ?
please inputs

That is badass!

Great work. love the font.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:01 PM Post #12,182 of 23,366
thx
i was gonna order it in orange for my "matte" m-100 to macth the orange cable 
but too bad i don't thhink they have orange shield anymore

I think they should bring orange back in stock just to show off how awesome this design works with it. With regards to the orange cable (and now orange box), I suspect that colour might just be out of stock due to popularity than discontinued. Or maybe they're trying to rerelease the orange shield to precisely match the cable? I could easily see V-MODA being that obsessive. That's just a best guess though, crazier things have happened.

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:14 PM Post #12,183 of 23,366
Quote:
Quote:
thx
i was gonna order it in orange for my "matte" m-100 to macth the orange cable 
but too bad i don't thhink they have orange shield anymore

I think they should bring orange back in stock just to show off how awesome this design works with it. With regards to the orange cable (and now orange box), I suspect that colour might just be out of stock due to popularity than discontinued. Or maybe they're trying to rerelease the orange shield to precisely match the cable? I could easily see V-MODA being that obsessive. That's just a best guess though, crazier things have happened.

The reason I got the orange shields with my pre ordr was the orange cable. But either way, the matte black with any of the other custom shields would look b.a. If I didn't like the orange cable I'd just get a matching (or complimentary) audio only cable. But that's just me.

Either way, I LOVE the orange shields, but I do want the green shields too (one side orange, one side green) and the purple audio only cable to pull it all together. I just wish they'd hurry up on getting the green shields restocked. 

Feb 7, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #12,184 of 23,366
Quote:
I would submit it where I would upload the file to have the image engraved on the shield?

Also THANK YOU! It looks perfect!

Now finally if anyone here can answer me this, recently I had tried a pair of M-80's again and have used some music to get a good idea as to how well it would be to listen to. All the more so I did all of this on my Nexus 4.

The music sounded wonderful on them, so with that being the case how would the M-100's sound with these 3 songs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKSV7LNRzmc - "Catgroove" by Parov Stelar (represents Electro-Swing)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVKEzPTcJL8  - "Dark White" by The Music Machine (Represents old Rock)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OynRdnK59w - "Drown" by Gravity Kills (Represents Industrial) I know

I know these will not be top quality to listen due to them not being pure genuine audio quality tracks and instead youtube quality, but I just want to see if these few songs pass just as well as the M-80's did in how they are represented with bass not stepping over anything. Mind these songs that represent genres I listen to quite often.

Just upload the psd file to V-moda's site when you buy the M-100 or the shields.  Make sure you choose "yes" for custom engravings under line 4a. "Your Deisgn".

http://v-moda.com/crossfade-m-100/

Feb 7, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #12,185 of 23,366
Quote:
thx alot i made them high resolution my self
is this design good enough ?
please inputs

That works, but make sure your logo is a big as possible, otherwise it will come out looking small.  I got a 27" screen at 1080p, and if I change the zoom level of the template to 35%, it will be about the same size as in real life.

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #12,186 of 23,366
Just posted in the momentum thread so thought I would post here as well. I just ordered me a pair of m100 and if I like them more than the momentum those are going up for sale. They arrive tomorrow, I'm pretty excited. Anyone pit these two against each other yet?

Feb 8, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #12,188 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey I'm new to the Head-Fi community and was looking forward to buying a pair of the m-100s. I was wondering if these headphones were good for me. I also have some slick designs for the shields but I don't know if they are unique since I found them on Google images. If anyone would be interested at helping me I'm open to most pictures. I'm looking for a phoenix logo but I suck at digital design :p. I also wondered sound would fit me. Here are some of the songs a listen too. (most songs will be related to these 3). Please reply! Thanks.
wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZX6Q-Bj_xg - Take a walk - Passion Pit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwSkC85TDgY - Disconnected Pegboard Nerds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-yValw_UbE - Heaven O.A.R

hey cactus,

lol since no one replied, i'll throw you a bone. disclaimer tho: im not rly an audiophile (m100 is my first $300+ headphones) & listening to things on youtube is obvi bad quality. honestly, imo if you are new like me, you probably can't really tell all the subtle nuances that some of the other ppl here are describing, so if you blind tested an assortment of highly recommended headphones from $200-300 range, you probably can't pick out which is which.

if you get the m100 + good source of those songs, you would get great sound for this price range. m100 has a bass emphasis, which makes the sound more "fun" lol. according to "pros," the m100 has a slight U shaped frequency curve. the mids aren't technically recessed, but since there is a bass & treble emphasis, some people might think that. From reading about them, other portable options in the $300ish price range are the sennheiser momentum (more audiophile meaning less colored & more technical, less bass), sony mdr-1r (colored SQ, more midbass apparently). if portability doesn't matter, there are even more options.

-->For the OAR song, my personal opinion is that the bass emphasis may be a bit more than it would sound live (although it's been a rly long time since I heard them live) [edit: I found this song in my collection 320kbps mp3 and I like the way it sounds A LOT better than the youtube version, can hear everything very clearly & it does not seem like the bass is overpowering]
I really like the song shattered by oar and it sounds really really good IMO w/ these headphones (i don't know audiophile terms well enough to describe it, but definitely legit lol). Love and memories sounds really nice on them as well. Definitely heard details in those two songs I don't remember being there, which is pretty cool
-->for the take a walk song, I don't really listen to indie music, so no comment, but probably a tad more bass than you are used to. 
-->Disconnected by Pegboard News: I don't know this band, but IMO all electronic music is where the m-100 really really shines! A solid bassline that is clearly defined & not bloated is what the m-100 does best. Basically the m100 kills any song that you would enjoy a legit bassline pumping you up.

Basically, I think the defining characteristic of the m100 vs other headphones in the similar price range is a very strong but well-done bass while keeping everything else clear. The bass will never sound anemic & it will never sound muddy or bloated. I really like the sound quality/signature because I feel like it really makes you want to dance (lol), but people w/ golden ears/audiophiles who want exact replica probably wouldn't pick this pair of headphones. I really like the SQ & I think the bass emphasis makes most modern-day songs sound awesome!! the SQ is tailored towards mainstream consumers and all my friends really liked the sound quality. (but at the same time, rly serious audiophiles who desire completely flat frequency curves will not be satisfied). I do think that if I heard headphones w/ a true flat signature, I would think the bass is anemic.

I think a song that really plays to this headphone's strengths would be something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

If I was in your shoes, I would go ahead & buy the m100 b/c vmoda has stellar customer service & a 60 day return policy. then listen to all your favorite songs with them. if it sounds good to you, keep them, but honestly it is really hard to know headphones until you listen to them personally.

Hope this is semi-helpful :) & happy headphone hunting!

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #12,190 of 23,366
Quote:

hey cactus,

lol since no one replied, i'll throw you a bone. disclaimer tho: im not rly an audiophile (m100 is my first $300+ headphones) & listening to things on youtube is obvi bad quality. honestly, imo if you are new like me, you probably can't really tell all the subtle nuances that some of the other ppl here are describing, so if you blind tested an assortment of highly recommended headphones from $200-300 range, you probably can't pick out which is which.

if you get the m100 + good source of those songs, you would get great sound for this price range. m100 has a bass emphasis, which makes the sound more "fun" lol. according to "pros," the m100 has a slight U shaped frequency curve. the mids aren't technically recessed, but since there is a bass & treble emphasis, some people might think that. From reading about them, other portable options in the $300ish price range are the sennheiser momentum (more audiophile meaning less colored & more technical, less bass), sony mdr-1r (colored SQ, more midbass apparently). if portability doesn't matter, there are even more options.

-->For the OAR song, my personal opinion is that the bass emphasis may be a bit more than it would sound live (although it's been a rly long time since I heard them live) [edit: I found this song in my collection 320kbps mp3 and I like the way it sounds A LOT better than the youtube version, can hear everything very clearly & it does not seem like the bass is overpowering]
I really like the song shattered by oar and it sounds really really good IMO w/ these headphones (i don't know audiophile terms well enough to describe it, but definitely legit lol). Love and memories sounds really nice on them as well. Definitely heard details in those two songs I don't remember being there, which is pretty cool
-->for the take a walk song, I don't really listen to indie music, so no comment, but probably a tad more bass than you are used to. 
-->Disconnected by Pegboard News: I don't know this band, but IMO all electronic music is where the m-100 really really shines! A solid bassline that is clearly defined & not bloated is what the m-100 does best. Basically the m100 kills any song that you would enjoy a legit bassline pumping you up.

Basically, I think the defining characteristic of the m100 vs other headphones in the similar price range is a very strong but well-done bass while keeping everything else clear. The bass will never sound anemic & it will never sound muddy or bloated. I really like the sound quality/signature because I feel like it really makes you want to dance (lol), but people w/ golden ears/audiophiles who want exact replica probably wouldn't pick this pair of headphones. I really like the SQ & I think the bass emphasis makes most modern-day songs sound awesome!! the SQ is tailored towards mainstream consumers and all my friends really liked the sound quality. (but at the same time, rly serious audiophiles who desire completely flat frequency curves will not be satisfied). I do think that if I heard headphones w/ a true flat signature, I would think the bass is anemic.

I think a song that really plays to this headphone's strengths would be something like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHjpOzsQ9YI

If I was in your shoes, I would go ahead & buy the m100 b/c vmoda has stellar customer service & a 60 day return policy. then listen to all your favorite songs with them. if it sounds good to you, keep them, but honestly it is really hard to know headphones until you listen to them personally.

Hope this is semi-helpful :) & happy headphone hunting!

Thanks a ton! I'm ready to buy the m-100s now :D only problem is I need to wait for the orange shields because I'm getting a matte black with this logo :
http://i.imgur.com/DwbMv40.jpg%5B/IMG

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:19 PM Post #12,191 of 23,366
Quote:
Hey I'm new to the Head-Fi community and was looking forward to buying a pair of the m-100s. I was wondering if these headphones were good for me. I also have some slick designs for the shields but I don't know if they are unique since I found them on Google images. If anyone would be interested at helping me I'm open to most pictures. I'm looking for a phoenix logo but I suck at digital design :p. I also wondered sound would fit me. Here are some of the songs a listen too. (most songs will be related to these 3). Please reply! Thanks.
wink.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZX6Q-Bj_xg - Take a walk - Passion Pit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwSkC85TDgY - Disconnected Pegboard Nerds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-yValw_UbE - Heaven O.A.R

M100's sound flippin awesome on Disconnected Pegboard Nerds. Very smooth controlled bass with just the perfect amount of weight.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #12,195 of 23,366
Well, look I finally have on hand...

Sorry for the quality, crappy lighting :p  I'm impressed though, from what I read and the graphs I saw, I was expecting them to be much more bass heavy...  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back