V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Jan 15, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #11,521 of 23,366
Quote:
I should have been more clear.  V-Moda may have provided the content for the page, but Amazon owns it and is responsible for what it says about the products that it sells.  It is their job to make sure that the content provided to them is accurate before they choose to put it on their site.  It is their site at this point that says there is a 60-day guarantee, therefore, they have to honor it.  

Let's be clear about another thing though.  Pianoman has not attempted to return through Amazon yet, and likely won't have any issues since he has only had the product for approximately 1 week.  The real question is, as a matter of normal business, does Amazon already back this guarantee.  If they do, all of this is a moot point.  If they do not, they need to fix their site.  

Lets be fair though, I doubt very much that V-Moda haven't done more than a passing glance at the page since it went live. Someone from V-Moda surely would have seen the 60 day guarantree being displayed there in all its glory and have as yet not had it removed if they aren't indeed honouring it.

Perhaps I'm underestimating the process that they need to go through with Amazon to edit the description but I'd expect V-Moda themselves to be double checking whats displayed about their product, even if Amazon owns it, and making mention of it somewhere else.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #11,522 of 23,366
Quote:
Hi everyone, yes Amazon has a return policy. I will try that instead. I tried v-moda first because in the package they asked to please return to v-moda and not to the retailer. 

This is standard wording for repairs of defective units you will find in most products to encourage you to repair vs. return.  The simple solution is just to return to Amazon where you bought them.  Amazon returns are the easiest online returns on the planet.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #11,523 of 23,366
Quote:
Don't you dare!  I will give you what you paid for it without hesitation :)

No worries, I will be keeping Vamp until it dies or until my Iphone 4 dies and is non-repairable.  Anyone looking for a portable audiophile experience would do well to pick up Verza with M-100 and call it a day.  For a long time, I underestimated the importance of a good amp related to the sound of the headphone. 

Jan 15, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #11,524 of 23,366
Quote:
Lets be fair though, I doubt very much that V-Moda haven't done more than a passing glance at the page since it went live. Someone from V-Moda surely would have seen the 60 day guarantree being displayed there in all its glory and have as yet not had it removed if they aren't indeed honouring it.

Perhaps I'm underestimating the process that they need to go through with Amazon to edit the description but I'd expect V-Moda themselves to be double checking whats displayed about their product, even if Amazon owns it, and making mention of it somewhere else.

I beleive Val set up the whole product description, has posted pics and commented on the M-100 page with his own Amazon account. He probably has looked at the description 100x over.
I'm guessing it's a bit of a miscommunication either between the employee or from employee-customer.
Amazon takes commission for merchendise they sell. I'm guessing that by excluding Amazon from the loop of the return, they are either taking a hit on each return, or having to file proof to Amazon that they had to credit a specific purchase due to special circumstance in order to receive a debit for the commission. Either option is less desireable if it were within the Amazon 30 day return window. If I were the CSR, I'd recommend the customer to pursue the return with Amazon. The "Dont Return to Merchant!" notice is more of a retention slip, both where it alerts the manufacturer of possible defects, and in the case where an exchange could otherwise retain an unhappy customer.

I'm not giving an excuse for the member's negative experience; just playing the devil's advocate role here.

Jan 15, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #11,525 of 23,366
Quote:
I beleive Val set up the whole product description, has posted pics and commented on the M-100 page with his own Amazon account. He probably has looked at the description 100x over.
I'm guessing it's a bit of a miscommunication either between the employee or from employee-customer.
Amazon takes commission for merchendise they sell. I'm guessing that by excluding Amazon from the loop of the return, they are either taking a hit on each return, or having to file proof to Amazon that they had to credit a specific purchase due to special circumstance in order to receive a debit for the commission. Either option is less desireable if it were within the Amazon 30 day return window. If I were the CSR, I'd recommend the customer to pursue the return with Amazon. The "Dont Return to Merchant!" notice is more of a retention slip, both where it alerts the manufacturer of possible defects, and in the case where an exchange could otherwise retain an unhappy customer.

I'm not giving an excuse for the member's negative experience; just playing the devil's advocate role here.

Amazon purchases from V-Moda and sells to the consumer.  This is not a marketplace-type relationship.  

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #11,526 of 23,366
Lately I've been getting some serious lag spikes with my M-100s. Source: Computer, pandora, youtube, etc. (Happens with MediaMonkey, Skype, and PowerDVD 12 as well)
I'm not sure what's causing it, or the proper term of whats happening, it's some weird frequency thing I guess that randomly distorts the music I'm listening to for 1 quick second. And it's been going on for a week now, and it's finally starting to annoy me. Occurring rate: every 30 seconds to a minute or 2. (Sometimes every 5-10 seconds)

Does anyone know what might be wrong? Is my unit defective? I'm 100% sure my cables are plugged in right, they've never been near moisture, they've never been dropped, my internet connection seems to be fine... Might give my iPod a test later to see if it's just happening on my computer or not. Any suggestions?

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:54 PM Post #11,527 of 23,366
Quote:
Lately I've been getting some serious lag spikes with my M-100s. Source: Computer, pandora, youtube, etc. (Happens with MediaMonkey, Skype, and PowerDVD 12 as well)
I'm not sure what's causing it, or the proper term of whats happening, it's some weird frequency thing I guess that randomly distorts the music I'm listening to for 1 quick second. And it's been going on for a week now, and it's finally starting to annoy me. Occurring rate: every 30 seconds to a minute or 2. (Sometimes every 5-10 seconds)

Does anyone know what might be wrong? Is my unit defective? I'm 100% sure my cables are plugged in right, they've never been near moisture, they've never been dropped, my internet connection seems to be fine... Might give my iPod a test later to see if it's just happening on my computer or not. Any suggestions?

What you mean by lag spike?

After having the paper towel mod in again for a few days, and not listening to them really in that time, the sound has started to open up, and sound more natural again. Took far too long for comfort.

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #11,528 of 23,366
I just got my DragonFly working again on my MacBook Air (had to do another OSX 10.8.2 re-install). I'm really enjoying the M-100 with the DF. Definitely an improvement over the standard headphone jack. The sound is fuller, bass is tighter and the mid-highs are nice and smooth.
You can add me to the list of people looking forward to the bigger pads.

Jan 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #11,530 of 23,366
Quote:
What you mean by lag spike?

After having the paper towel mod in again for a few days, and not listening to them really in that time, the sound has started to open up, and sound more natural again. Took far too long for comfort.

I don't really know how to explain it. But every so often it makes this weird distorted noise, like a high frequency. It feels like it's trying to catch up with the music, or like the speakers are somewhat broken. I'm unsure as of yet, it could be my computer. Gonna do some test to see what the cause of the hiccups are.

Was just curious if anyone might know or has had a similar experience in the past.

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #11,531 of 23,366
I received my M100's this morning an I'm currently in the burn process. Out of the box, the are definitely not as bright a my Amperiors, but they have a much wider sound stage instrument separation and deeper more powerfull bass. So far, my Beyer DT1350's have the better mids and highs of the three, but it's too early to tell and I'll report back after I've burned them in more.

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #11,533 of 23,366
Here's my $0.02

In retail there's this little thing saying that ends up being beneficial for consumers; THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT

not to put too fine a point on it, but this is one of the most BS "rules" in the retail world and i want it to go away entirely. its good business sense to make customers happy obviously, but there are definitely limits, and its pretty asinine to expect companies to bend over backwards at your every whim/complaint especially when the business stands to lose a bunch of money/time filling the request. sorry if i sound bitter but this is coming from years of retail experience! :D

anyway back to the topic. i do think vmoda was being somewhat misleading but if possible i'd really like to hear some clarification from the man himself. pretty sure it's a misunderstanding.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #11,534 of 23,366
Quote:
Here's my $0.02

In retail there's this little thing saying that ends up being beneficial for consumers; THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenoceros /img/forum/go_quote.gif
not to put too fine a point on it, but this is one of the most BS "rules" in the retail world and i want it to go away entirely. its good business sense to make customers happy obviously, but there are definitely limits, and its pretty asinine to expect companies to bend over backwards at your every whim/complaint especially when the business stands to lose a bunch of money/time filling the request. sorry if i sound bitter but this is coming from years of retail experience!
biggrin.gif

anyway back to the topic. i do think vmoda was being somewhat misleading but if possible i'd really like to hear some clarification from the man himself. pretty sure it's a misunderstanding.

As an amazon business woman myself, I fully agree-- 100%.
First off, if you ordered from Amazon, expect to return anything you buy from them directly to them (unless you order from a retailer associated with Amazon, then you have to e-mail them about your item). You are capable of reading the Amazon return policy here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=901888

If V-moda was to refund you themselves for an item you ordered on Amazon, they would be losing out on a lot of money that Amazon profited from the sale.
How does that make sense to have them do it when you bought elsewhere? Had you bought from the V-moda.com website, then the V-moda company wouldn't have lost as much selling fees from retailer advertisement through Amazon. I'm pretty sure it's not in any company's best interest to lose money.

However, it does say that you have 60 days to test drive the M-100 on the amazon M-100 page. I am unsure if they honor the prior 30 days after the Amazon return window closes, but I am going to guess no-- so that should definitely be updated.

That I believe was a V-moda error of lazy copy and pasting from the V-moda.com webpage, onto the Amazon information page... which you could technically complain about and get your money back, but only AFTER your 30 day Amazon.com return window has closed ((which (according to the above link) Amazon is honoring all returns made after Nov. 1st up until January 31st, so the return window for any Amazon.com M-100 order should still be open)).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back