V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc.
Sep 3, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #5,852 of 23,366
I'm really looking forward to read reviews on these cans. I actually just ordered a pair of M-80s for use at the office. 

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:12 PM Post #5,853 of 23,366
Quote:
No offense, but those Senns looks so thin you'll be able to bend the aluminium and the Sony's must be all plastic? 
My M80's got ran over by a car and don't have a dent on them, just saying.

I think Momentum and M-100 both get high marks for looks and design.  Momentum is probably better suited for someone a little older like me, but I would be proud to wear both.  I just might need to break out my Ecko and Aeropostale clothes with the M-100; Polo and Tommy (Bahama or Hilfiger) with Momentum.

The winner will come down to sound.

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:23 PM Post #5,854 of 23,366
Quote:
Well the aluminum on the V-MODA's looks pretty thin too, maybe comparable in thickness to the Momentum. V-MODA's parts are bent on the other hand, whereas the the Momentum is pretty much flat. The bent metal may or may not help the headphone's integrity as it's being strained. I'm not a mechanical engineer though so I wouldn't have a clue, hahahaha.

I'm no mechanical engineer either, but its a simple experiment really, take a piece of paper and hold it flat to the ground, it sags down doesn't it? Now put a little curved bend in it and it stays rigid and harder to bend. Now paper is not the same as the aluminum they're using, but I think the concept should be the same. Science!

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #5,855 of 23,366
Man, I feel like I feel much better suited for the older generation than my generation at 20 years old. I would never imagine myself donning an aeropostale shirt. Suits are always in fashion, and I'll be damned if the M-100's don't have the class to go with them.

Oh yeah, build quality. I wouldn't really judge durability based on appearance. I can't really imagine headphone manufacturers making super bulky giganto metal headphones, so the thinness of the metal is pretty general, and between V-Moda and Sennheiser, the ability to bend them helps with the fit a bit. But by no means are they easily bent out of shape, especially the metal parts of the panzer build quality of the Beyer DT1350's. While I wouldn't really subject Senns or my beyers to demonstrations of how easy it can bend compared to V-Moda's lineup, I would easily have faith in the durability of these headphones

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:16 PM Post #5,857 of 23,366
Quote:
is the pre sale of the m100s different from the non pre sale of it?? price, quality etc.

Nope. Same sound. Might be $10 cheaper, but MSRP should be somewhere round $300. Quality and sound are the same because this presale batch should just be the first production of it.

But with this $310 preorder you get all of the following included:
- Faders VIP ($20)
- Custom shields in addition to the standard shields ($45-$55 value depending on if you get gold shields or not)
- 2-3 cables (has yet to be determined how many, but def the smartphone cable and the shareplay cable w/ built-in second jack (??? value)
- Cork for the second plug you don't use (Should be standard with the M-100's in general)
- Some sort of autograph by Val (priceless)

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:39 PM Post #5,858 of 23,366
Quote:
Nope. Same sound. Might be $10 cheaper, but MSRP should be somewhere round $300. Quality and sound are the same because this presale batch should just be the first production of it.

- Faders VIP ($20)
- Custom shields in addition to the standard shields ($45-$55 value depending on if you get gold shields or not)
- 2-3 cables (has yet to be determined how many, but def the smartphone cable and the shareplay cable w/ built-in second jack (??? value)
- Cork for the second plug you don't use (Should be standard with the M-100's in general)

when does the pre orders end???

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #5,859 of 23,366
Quote:

- Faders VIP ($20)

Sorry but I laughed at that one, IIRC it was going to be a certificate, but I do agree, definitely priceless lol 
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #5,860 of 23,366
Quote:

when does the pre orders end???

Well, a few pages back Val said they still have room for a few more... and the VTF-100 page is still open, sooooooooooo

Sorry but I laughed at that one, IIRC it was going to be a certificate, but I do agree, definitely priceless lol 
font]

Well the original plan was him signing every one of those units but that's evidently practical, so I thought he was gonna sign a certificate. Well anyway, getting his signature on anything is definitely super awesome. Or just a certificate saying that we're awesome. Whatever. Priceless

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #5,863 of 23,366
Val,

When is the deadline for making changes to the pre-order (cancel extra order; change model type within same order; change extra shields color within same order), and how OK are you with this?

The more pics are released, the more likely people will go bananas about their pre-orders.

I can see people looking at the twitter pic of the white M-100, and going: "OMG...what do I want....let's wait a lil more before I go bananas"

Also, about Phantom Chrome and M-100, will you be able to let us know of the solution you're trying to get, before the deadline for making changes to the VTF-100 pre-orders? If you are going to make a Phantom Chrome M-100, M-100 does not have removable wing plates, and I definitely do not want shiny silver/chrome wing plates on them. I think....black wing plates would go better. Whether the plates are glossy or not it's up to you to find out the better look, since they're not removable, and honestly, I think I don't like to have screws up there...so, the permanent look of it would have to be thoroughly thought. About the Chrome shields, I think they do not go best with the Phantom Chrome because, it's wing plates + shields, make the... shiny fork, not stand out as it should. (Just look at your Morgan Page's video coming up next in this post). Also, the crossfade LP Phantom Chrome's headband is "black dotted" : http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71iheBuXtpL._AA1500_.jpg , but, I can't see that in here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151215491108092 - Is there a built reason to that, or is it just hard to see in that video? If it's a different headband, I think I like it more, than the "black dotted" headband.

Thanks for your time.

Sep 4, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #5,864 of 23,366
Quote:
Val,

When is the deadline for making changes to the pre-order (cancel extra order; change model type within same order; change extra shields color within same order), and how OK are you with this?

The more pics are released, the more likely people will go bananas about their pre-orders.

I can see people looking at the twitter pic of the white M-100, and going: "OMG...what do I want....let's wait a lil more before I go bananas"

Also, about Phantom Chrome and M-100, will you be able to let us know of the solution you're trying to get, before the deadline for making changes to the VTF-100 pre-orders? If you are going to make a Phantom Chrome M-100, M-100 does not have removable wing plates, and I definitely do not want shiny silver/chrome wing plates on them. I think....black wing plates would go better. Whether the plates are glossy or not it's up to you to find out the better look, since they're not removable, and honestly, I think I don't like to have screws up there...so, the permanent look of it would have to be thoroughly thought. About the Chrome shields, I think they do not go best with the Phantom Chrome because, it's wing plates + shields, make the... shiny fork, not stand out as it should. (Just look at your Morgan Page's video coming up next in this post). Also, the crossfade LP Phantom Chrome's headband is "black dotted" : http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71iheBuXtpL._AA1500_.jpg , but, I can't see that in here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151215491108092 - Is there a built reason to that, or is it just hard to see in that video? If it's a different headband, I think I like it more, than the "black dotted" headband.

Thanks for your time.

All things considered, if the first 350-500 units were made last week, it's probably a *bit* late to be making changes or hoping for a phantom chrome solution

Sep 4, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #5,865 of 23,366
Quote:

All things considered, if the first 350-500 units were made last week, it's probably a *bit* late to be making changes or hoping for a phantom chrome solution

If they were made last week, our ppu's should be sent soon. :))
(Too bad this is just the fanboy thread...) :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back